PDA

View Full Version : 2" Lift Kit GQ Wagon

Crowman23
21st April 2011, 08:35 AM
Howdy I get a shudder with the GQ around 80 - 90kmh but it goes away under or over this I replaced the Steering Dampner, Panhard Bushes and fitted New Tyres and this seemed to help and now Im just fitting a 2" Lift Kit in the Old Girl and was wondering if I need to fit the Castor Correction Bushes?

UPDATE: Fitted Castor correction bushes and I think it is riding better and the wobble/ steering shudder is .......... wait for it Broken Drivers side Wheel Bearing so on Monday replacing both sides and have also fitted new panhard bushes to the rear.

growler2058
21st April 2011, 08:43 AM
I dont believe you need to for a 2" lift mate you can but dont think its necessary others may have a different opinion. When you lift we know it drags your axles towards each other but i think with a 2" this is negligible.

See that big word biggus riggus hahahaha

nowoolies
21st April 2011, 08:46 AM
I dont believe you need to for a 2" lift mate you can but dont think its necessary others may have a different opinion. When you lift we know it drags your axles towards each other but i think with a 2" this is negligible.

See that big word biggus riggus hahahaha

my 2" lift now requires a caster correction the steering is off to the right (annoying )
man your coffee was strong hay growlers hahahaha

growler2058
21st April 2011, 08:49 AM
my 2" lift now requires a caster correction the steering is off to the right (annoying )
man your coffee was strong hay growlers hahahaha

after i put my 4" in (I went extended radius arms) I went to the pros for true alignment and after it pulled to the left slightly and they told me all GQ's do this after a lift???????

HippoNZ
21st April 2011, 08:53 AM
Sometimes dropping it by 5-10mm fixes the problem. Weird I know you normally don't need it but that's how a mate of mine fixed it until he went 5" spring lift. It's at least a rather easy and cheaper option to try first

moo_r32
27th April 2011, 11:01 PM
iv just done a 2" lift and had no need to fix caster.. iv heard one or two stories of people needing to tho.. but i dont think its verry common.. can always get it checked after tho i guess..

i had a simular problem with the wobbles.. but i found mine to just be due to 5kg of mud inside the front wheel.. lol was all good after i cleaned it.

MudRunnerTD
28th April 2011, 10:55 AM
yep i drove around for 5 years on a 2inch lift without caster correction. Some may but most dont. it will be car by car? Strange i know ?? But you should be fine.

gqswbwally
30th April 2011, 01:09 PM
yeah i guess its somethin to do with allignment and balance

Bigrig
30th April 2011, 01:12 PM
Howdy I get a shudder with the GQ around 80 - 90kmh but it goes away under or over this I replaced the Steering Dampner, Panhard Bushes and fitted New Tyres and this seemed to help and now Im just fitting a 2" Lift Kit in the Old Girl and was wondering if I need to fit the Castor Correction Bushes?

Have you fitted offset wheel rims recently?? Ackerman angle and scrub radius changes due to offset rims can cause a wobble/shudder also ...