PDA

View Full Version : WTB Front Pasenger GU seatbelt

MudRunnerTD
14th August 2016, 07:37 PM
Wife took the GUIV across town yesterday to drop off my dad and thought taking the dog would be nice. The Cockerspaniel that never goes in the car thought it would be great too!!! She sat on dads knee in the front seat and snuggled in to Dads neck........

Now the real story..... The dog was nervous in the car and snuggled into dads neck and CHEWED STRAIGHT THROUGH the bloody Seatbelt at Shoulder height. Took her less than a minute!!!

Anyone got a Seatbelt front Passenger they want to sell? ASAP.

Damn it!!

MB
14th August 2016, 07:43 PM
Wife took the GUIV across town yesterday to drop off my dad and thought taking the dog would be nice. The Cockerspaniel that never goes in the car thought it would be great too!!! She sat on dads knee in the front seat and snuggled in to Dads neck........ Now the real story..... The dog was nervous in the car and snuggled into dads neck and CHEWED STRAIGHT THROUGH the bloody Seatbelt at Shoulder height. Took her less than a minute!!! Anyone got a Seatbelt front Passenger they want to sell? ASAP. Damn it!!
I'm sorry Daz, no can help unfortunately, PApart maybe? Funny as scenario described though, been there, seen similar done, mine involved muck though :-)

MudRunnerTD
14th August 2016, 09:07 PM
Yeah a bugger mate. I have posted in a few groups on Facebook and got a hit in a Comp Scene page. Those guys take them out in favour of harnesses. See how I go tomorrow.

the godfather
14th August 2016, 09:35 PM
Curiously, Patrol seat belts are pretty ordinary at the best of times, is there not an aftermarket supplier?

threedogs
16th August 2016, 06:03 PM
Curiously, Patrol seat belts are pretty ordinary at the best of times, is there not an aftermarket supplier?

Yes but they dont cover all models and a $360 a set.
MudRunnerTD same thing happened to my cargo area seat belts straight through in 5 mins

For eg they dont do my 2004 model Grrrrrr https://www.seatsafe.com.au/

macca
17th August 2016, 07:29 AM
Yeah a bugger mate. I have posted in a few groups on Facebook and got a hit in a Comp Scene page. Those guys take them out in favour of harnesses. See how I go tomorrow.

After a drivers side one, my packed it in in the Simpson. The retractor doesn't work, actually once its retracts it wont come back out!.
If you get both I'll grab the other and pay my share if that's OK with you. Likewise if I can find a pair.
The link TD put up doesn't do drivers, said OEM only. Wonder what Nissan want for one?

MudRunnerTD
19th August 2016, 09:49 PM
After a drivers side one, my packed it in in the Simpson. The retractor doesn't work, actually once its retracts it wont come back out!.
If you get both I'll grab the other and pay my share if that's OK with you. Likewise if I can find a pair.
The link TD put up doesn't do drivers, said OEM only. Wonder what Nissan want for one?

Hey macca what colour is your seatbelt mate? Light grey or black?

macca
20th August 2016, 07:36 AM
Hey macca what colour is your seatbelt mate? Light grey or black?

The grey one is what I have,
Cheers mate

MudRunnerTD
20th August 2016, 10:45 AM
The grey one is what I have,
Cheers mate
Might be able to sort you mate. I'm chasing Black which seems harder to find. I'll let you know mate.

macca
20th August 2016, 06:30 PM
Might be able to sort you mate. I'm chasing Black which seems harder to find. I'll let you know mate.

Thanks MudrunnerTD got a grey drivers from a comp truck contact today, your post got me thinking...

Well I hope to next club meeting.

Unfortunately they had cut up the rest for making suspension limit straps as an experiment if they would work, I think that's what he meant. They only had one left anyway.

Thanks for looking, appreciate what you have done.
Macca