PDA

View Full Version : Another ls1 into gu :p

johno90
6th August 2016, 10:25 AM
So it just so happened after i just finished putting a td42 into my gu a customer called up asking if I could convert his gu to ls1. Only issue is the poor guy had been previously ripped of so much by people claiming to be able tp do it only to do nothing and charge him. He has got the full kit from marks so will be a pretty easy install. Will get some pics and post up some helpful info if people are interested :)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

johno90
8th August 2016, 04:59 PM
I dont know why more people who are chasing petrol engines dont do ls conversions.... with the bolt on kits and parts its easy as :) even ls wiring is prettt simple splice into the factory loom.

Just waiting on fuel pump and a few hoses to arrive and its time to fire up :)

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/08/145.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/08/146.jpg

johno90
25th August 2016, 08:10 AM
Had some progress on the conversion. Its only taking so long waiting for parts :( only downside to living in the middle of nowhere.
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/08/309.jpg

threedogs
25th August 2016, 12:58 PM
Are you running the STD radiator , or will you need something larger??
Looking good btw, cant wait to see what fuel figures you get.

johno90
30th August 2016, 08:54 PM
Its not mine, this is what I do for work haha. It doesn't need a bigger rad. These engines run pretty cool when setup correctly, plus patrol rads are about as big as it gets [emoji14] if a shitty commodore radiator can keep up our tuff beautiful patrols wont have an issue :) as for fuel it will get around 11/100km

i_am_swanny
9th November 2016, 08:45 PM
any more photos from this conversion?

johno90
4th December 2016, 12:31 AM
Ill take some tomorrow, its all driving now :)

ozjeff
5th February 2017, 01:39 PM
as for fuel it will get around 11/100km

Man how'd you get them that low. Mines on average 21/100 - granted the right foots never learnt to lighten up in 2 years, but when I do try and be gentle it consumes the same anyway.

johno90
5th February 2017, 08:08 PM
It's a fine line between getting the right tune/ tyre and diff combo :) Ive also got a Chev Tahoe comes standard with an ls1 and its getting 8l/100 with 31's

Jonesy_sa
23rd March 2017, 10:36 PM
What does this all cost to do? I've read allot of posts but no step by step guide with parts list. For example one guy allowed $1200 for a radiator and thermo the other spliced in a junkyard or patrol original.
Do you need to cut off the original engine mounts?
Can you confirm town fuel economy? And what you do to get it so low? Thank you

Sent from mTalk

johno90
17th April 2017, 01:24 PM
For starters it depends on how clean of a job you want - the cleaner and more professional = $$$ For example I build wiring looms for pro touring cars starting at 10k but in the case of this GU and his budget I did all the wiring for 1k. What engine you choose and condition will cost you $$ aswell. As far as parts needed for the conversion if your coming from a 3l you could get all the parts needed for under 5k if your handy and make your own fuel systems etc. OR the full marks kit is about 8-9K. Standard patrol radiator is more then ample! As for how I get 11-13L/100 around town and 9-10L/100 on the highway Is a few in house secrets but you will get pretty close with matching your tyres & diff + the correct tune. I own a 2002 Chev tahoe with a ls1 (heavier 4wd then the patrol) and i get 11L/100k
If your doing it all yourself and not afraid to make things then you could do the whole conversion for less then 10k easy. If your paying a shop it could be anywhere from 12k upwards.

rotated7
10th July 2017, 03:36 PM
Gday johno90.. mind if I ask you a few q's via PM regarding fuel consumption?!

Sprock
10th July 2017, 10:31 PM
I know if I put an LS1 in my Patrol I wouldn't be doing it for fuel economy - it'd be for the NOISE & POWER .