PDA

View Full Version : Another zd30 2000 about to go BANG!!

sel78
20th April 2011, 09:45 AM
hi guys ...bare with me as i am a new to this...but i thought if anyone could help it would be a group of nissan 4x4 enthusiasts. I have a 2000 model gu patrol zd30. Sadly she is about to go bang...It has done 195000 and has just blown a turbo...I replaced with a new turbo and maf sensor and is using alot of coolent...so hard to start and white smoke /steam coming out of exhaust at initial start up. it clears after a while.. It seems to rev fine but is gutless under load. It is at the mechanics as we speak he says the head tests and pressure tests is ok but there is a small hole somewhere and wants to pull it down to find the source. I reckon a large hole by the amount of coolant she goes through.. No real sign of coolant in the sump but the warning light is always on indicating water in the motor. Oh what to do...do i bite the bullet and rebuild a lemon or replace with a later zd30 2006 if compatible or go the 4.2 conversion. If you got any ideas on the best road to take please let me know!!

big_fletch
20th April 2011, 09:57 AM
Howdy mate,
Welcome to the forum, this is a friendly forum with lots of people and plenty of knowledge..
Would be a courtesy to others if you made an introduction before posting questions, as people are more likely to help you out..
Enjoy the forum and I hope you stick around.

Fletcha

Bigrig
20th April 2011, 10:42 AM
G'day mate - welcome aboard. Great people, information and laughs on here mate, so feel free to join in and make the most of it.

As Fletch said mate, throw up an intro and no doubt someone will be along to assist. Have a search through the threads also (use search on top right) as there is a fair bit of information already in here on the ZD30 ... all the very best with it mate and genuinely hope it gets sorted without too much cost and effort!

Enjoy!!

growler2058
20th April 2011, 11:25 AM
Gday nate welcome aboard theyre a good mob ere full of useful info and advice

the evil twin
20th April 2011, 01:27 PM
There's no "warning light for coolant 'in' the motor" so not sure what you mean there...

Anyway, as far as reco/exchange options the simplest, easiest and prob cheapest is a new crate motor and change over all your externals IE turbo, pumps, injectors etc