PDA

View Full Version : Dp Power Chip Help

big_fletch
19th April 2011, 06:22 PM
Howdy Guys
I have a 02 3.0 Di Patrol..
I have a mate at a wreckers in town here who i am looking at getting a Dp chip off (was his old mans) for free, however it doesnt come with a wiring diagram..
I have been on the net and phone all day and i cant get a diagram off anyone (no-one will give them out, not even DP)..
The chip is a Dp34 (correct unit for my model patrol) and has 4 wires, i have 3 of the wires worked out however what i need help on is the wire to the injector pump..
If anyone out there has installed a aftermarket chip into their patrol and ran a wire to the injector pump all i need to know is what colour wire it was connected to as there are 4 computer wires running to it..
Will be either a..
-Green with a yellow line
-Red with a black line
-Blue with a black line
-Blue with a red line

Cheers in advance guys
Fletcha

Maxhead
19th April 2011, 06:29 PM
Howdy Guys
I have a 02 3.0 Di Patrol..
I have a mate at a wreckers in town here who i am looking at getting a Dp chip off (was his old mans) for free, however it doesnt come with a wiring diagram..
I have been on the net and phone all day and i cant get a diagram off anyone (no-one will give them out, not even DP)..
The chip is a Dp34 (correct unit for my model patrol) and has 4 wires, i have 3 of the wires worked out however what i need help on is the wire to the injector pump..
If anyone out there has installed a aftermarket chip into their patrol and ran a wire to the injector pump all i need to know is what colour wire it was connected to as there are 4 computer wires running to it..
Will be either a..
-Green with a yellow line
-Red with a black line
-Blue with a black line
-Blue with a red line

Cheers in advance guys
Fletcha

I'm suprised DP themselves wont help. I've heard of them even reprogramming the chip to suit the new vehicle if sold on.
Sorry, can't help with the diagram....maybe try another DP chip dealer.

big_fletch
19th April 2011, 06:54 PM
I'm suprised DP themselves wont help. I've heard of them even reprogramming the chip to suit the new vehicle if sold on.
Sorry, can't help with the diagram....maybe try another DP chip dealer.

Nah I rang dp themselves and they said its there policy to not handout wiring diagrams till they have checked the unit and reprogrommed it.. rang about 6 dealers today and got the same responses off all of them..
From what I can tell most aftermarket chips use the same wire, like a said just don't know which one lol

Maxhead
19th April 2011, 07:01 PM
Nah I rang dp themselves and they said its there policy to not handout wiring diagrams till they have checked the unit and reprogrommed it.. rang about 6 dealers today and got the same responses off all of them..
From what I can tell most aftermarket chips use the same wire, like a said just don't know which one lol

On another point I thought the chip was plug and play but obviously not. Did DP indicate if they are going to charge you for reprogramming and how much. It might be worth getting it done by the pros so at least you know its going to be tuned right to your vehicle...just a thought

big_fletch
19th April 2011, 07:06 PM
On another point I thought the chip was plug and play but obviously not. Did DP indicate if they are going to charge you for reprogramming and how much. It might be worth getting it done by the pros so at least you know its going to be tuned right to your vehicle...just a thought

Yer its about $200 for the chip to be re-programmed, which isnt bad considering I am getting it for free..
Other option is to not worry about it and get a no limit one that the guys on here said are really good..
Bit of a tossup, dp never said that after they program it how much warranty they would give either

Maxhead
19th April 2011, 07:30 PM
Yer its about $200 for the chip to be re-programmed, which isnt bad considering I am getting it for free..
Other option is to not worry about it and get a no limit one that the guys on here said are really good..
Bit of a tossup, dp never said that after they program it how much warranty they would give either

Yep,, I've got a nolimit one in my truck and am happy with it. The only thing I find is I need to reset my ECU every month or so to keep the fuel economy below average. The extra power is great, but not sure why the ECU changes it's parameters and the economy goes up after a while
DP is a good and tried chip that I would definitely spend the $200 on .

I believe the nolimit chip only changes your fuel timing where the DP is more advanced and changes some of the turbo characteristics as well..I could be wrong but thats my understanding

Hopefully one of the gurus can give us a bit mote info

big_fletch
19th April 2011, 07:33 PM
Yep,, I've got a nolimit one in my truck and am happy with it. The only thing I find is I need to reset my ECU every month or so to keep the fuel economy below average. The extra power is great, but not sure why the ECU changes it's parameters and the economy goes up after a while
DP is a good and tried chip that I would definitely spend the $200 on .

I believe the nolimit chip only changes your fuel timing where the DP is more advanced and changes some of the turbo characteristics as well..I could be wrong but thats my understanding

Hopefully one of the gurus can give us a bit mote info

Yer would be good to know wouldn't it... Might just bite the bullet and get it re-programmed and spend the little bit extra, as you say dp is one of the best known and tested chips around..
Thanks for your help as well nisspat, muchly appreciated