PDA

View Full Version : Just got rolled.

Danny
12th July 2010, 04:48 PM
What a waste of money.

I had two small chips on the wifes windscreen that i thought better get fixed.

Windscreens Obrien came out to do their injection and they dont look much better.

They were about a 5 cent piece in diameter and now they are 1/2 that size but still easily viewable in eye sight of the road.

Those adds are full of it. You know the adds where they show a 20c piece crack and it ends up like a pin prick

What a joke!

It cost me $130 for this and I couldve just got a brand new windscreen for around that and fitted.

It wouldnt pass a roady, no way!

patch697
12th July 2010, 05:01 PM
I wish I bad have known you were going to do that.... I would have told you not to bother.
Can't you get it back from your insurance most have glass cover?

Cheers
Paul

DX grunt
12th July 2010, 05:03 PM
My trucks got comprehensive insurance (Club Policy) and from memory, I get one free windscreen a year for an extra $60-$65. When I put in a claim (no paperwork, and all done over the phone) I just have to remember what time/date it happened, what road I was on and how it happened. May be something to consider.

Ross

Maxhead
12th July 2010, 06:32 PM
I think you can buy a windscreen DIY repair kit for around $30 from most of the car shops. Its a similar method of repair of using a resin injection

gec
12th July 2010, 08:36 PM
On my Insurance Ive got unlimited windscreens so if I get a chip I just get a new windscreen fitted for free, Its great.

Danny
12th July 2010, 08:57 PM
I know, i know, I should not have posted this...lol

We havent put insurance on this yet, strugglin a bit with funds but after all this It's just not worth dodging insurance.

I think you can buy a windscreen DIY repair kit for around $30 from most of the car shops. Its a similar method of repair of using a resin injection

I should have tried this first NissPat.