PDA

View Full Version : october long weekend nsw

garett
7th July 2016, 12:25 PM
i want to get out and play in some tracks near sydney. maybe overnight or two.

anyone free or suggest a good spot.

BigRAWesty
7th July 2016, 01:27 PM
Beachport to robe..... 😉

NissanGQ4.2
7th July 2016, 05:43 PM
Kris's place again :) I'm in if the insurance company hasn't rang me by then and I'm not in 20k debt

garett
10th July 2016, 06:03 PM
umm beach port to robe ... is that in SA ? .... not exactly as close to sydney as i was thinking.

thinking more turon np maybe a little further,

garett
18th August 2016, 11:09 AM
ok been doing some research and thinking i might try the caves to caves (jenolan to wombeyan) via kanagra walls lookout and yerranderie.

anyone been around that area ?
anyone want to join in on the fun?

there are a few camp sites along the way so might pick one and camp the night

VK2FMIA
19th August 2016, 09:02 AM
ok been doing some research and thinking i might try the caves to caves (jenolan to wombeyan) via kanagra walls lookout and yerranderie.

Did a trip a few years ago starting at the Glow Worm tunnel down to Jenolan, then Wombeyan & camped at Yerranderie which is a great campground with plenty of old buildings from the old tin mining days to explore. Camping fees were pretty reasonable too.

garett
20th August 2016, 10:15 AM
Did a trip a few years ago starting at the Glow Worm tunnel down to Jenolan, then Wombeyan & camped at Yerranderie which is a great campground with plenty of old buildings from the old tin mining days to explore. Camping fees were pretty reasonable too.

yeah i think there is 3 camp sites that i'm planning on going past gunna take 2 - 3 days around the area just exploring

NissanGQ4.2
20th August 2016, 01:46 PM
I'd join ya if my 4b was on the road, have fun getting a camping spot on the long week end

garett
20th August 2016, 03:16 PM
yeah i know thats why i plan on sleeping in the back of the mav

garett
22nd September 2016, 06:10 PM
send me a message if you want to join me on the caves to caves during the long weekend
its gunna be pretty much a drive around and see whats there as i've never been there before
my only constraint is i need to be home mon arvo. yeah i know its so totally planned....

NissanGQ4.2
22nd September 2016, 07:19 PM
send me a message if you want to join me on the caves to caves during the long weekend
its gunna be pretty much a drive around and see whats there as i've never been there before
my only constraint is i need to be home mon arvo. yeah i know its so totally planned....

I'm out, still trying 2 sort car issues out before going away for a week the Wednesday after the long weekend :( I hate cars!!!!!!!

VK2FMIA
25th September 2016, 05:58 PM

anyone been around that area ?
anyone want to join in on the fun?

there are a few camp sites along the way so might pick one and camp the night

Found this on Youtube today, might help you out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55BGsnV8jVA

garett
26th September 2016, 06:19 AM
Found this on Youtube today, might help you out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55BGsnV8jVA

thanks mate, i have seen this one and i've got some maps of the area now.

garett
3rd October 2016, 05:11 PM

NissanGQ4.2
3rd October 2016, 05:28 PM
Crappadore would of easily done that bog hole :)

How was the weekend away?

garett
3rd October 2016, 05:34 PM
not bad was only a couple spots the the Crappodore wouldn't of made it. the river and one of the creek crossings. i didn't even cross the river as it was a bit deep