PDA

View Full Version : Driving light install GU 4.2 DX

Spannerdriver
19th June 2016, 12:16 AM
This is an install I did about 4 years ago to a mates DX things I'd do differently next time (and have done on my truck since) would be a proper relay mount inside the relay box and a mounted fuse box instead of the inline one. With the exception of the fuse holder wire all wire was run in 10mm corrugated conduit 15amp wire with standard Narva relay setup

Bigcol
19th June 2016, 01:33 AM
I have my switch on the left hand side of the steering column

nice tidy area around the battery (memories of when mine looked like that) now I have the fuses for the headlight wiring upgrade, relay for each head light, wiring for this and wiring for that

I have a 8mm cable going into behind the glove box that feeds a fuse box, and another to the cargo barrier for a fuse box there as well
but they are feed from the 2nd battery

Softy
19th June 2016, 02:08 AM
I was lucky when i fitted my lightbar.. my car come with dealer fitted spotties so all the wiring was there and the factory fitted switch in the dash.. been considering getting another light bar seems i have a spare spot light wire left... best of all my dash still looks factory and nice and neat. ;)

blocko05
22nd June 2016, 03:53 PM
good job mate. As always, you get better ideas the more of these you do. Thanks for sharing

mudski
22nd June 2016, 04:52 PM
This is an install I did about 4 years ago to a mates DX things I'd do differently next time (and have done on my truck since) would be a proper relay mount inside the relay box and a mounted fuse box instead of the inline one. With the exception of the fuse holder wire all wire was run in 10mm corrugated conduit 15amp wire with standard Narva relay setup

I did the same with my GU. I had five blank spots in the OEM relay box and had five extra relays in the engine bay. So I went to the wreckers and got another relay box for $30 and grafted it into my existing box. Nice and neat now.
Prior to the extra relays.....

Then after.....

I've since added a 100amp circuit breaker to the fuse box in the pic to the battery...