PDA

View Full Version : Y62 High Country dramas Queens Birthday 2016

rusty00
13th June 2016, 08:43 PM
Any members here know of a busted Y62 towing a camper trailer on Dingo Hill track or surrounding area.
Seen it next to our camp a twin matching pair of Y62's then seen it heading to Licola with a possible busted CV and another 4by towing the trailer.

MudRunnerTD
13th June 2016, 08:47 PM
Bugger.......

rusty00
13th June 2016, 08:53 PM
Full on carnige this weekend, up to 20 rigs blocked in or stuck on Calidonia river track.
Some being towed up hill, some f-wit with road tyres in boggy areas and no lift, 10 x rednecks stuffing around with no idea of what to do or track courtesy.
Guys stuck for hours on end, lucky we had another way out.

mudski
13th June 2016, 08:59 PM
Your kidding! Caledonia river track is flat but no way suited for road tyes and no lift. And dingo hill track is one mother of a climb too. I would have been going coco bananas at the fools with road tyres.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

rusty00
13th June 2016, 09:05 PM
It not flat now, we didn't see it all due to the crap.
Dingos is okay to go up and down even in the dark.
Butchers tk was fing crazy and across the high plains was boggy.

mudski
13th June 2016, 09:14 PM
It not flat now, we didn't see it all due to the crap.
Dingos is okay to go up and down even in the dark.
Butchers tk was fing crazy and across the high plains was boggy.
Flat, as compared to Dingos and Butchers... Butchers is a really fun track i reckon. But a pain if you catch up to a slow group we found last time we were there. Maybe it was just becasue they refused to let us pass maybe...

rusty00
13th June 2016, 09:23 PM
True re Dingo tk
It was boggy even before the hill climbing.
When you have knobs and break downs and them trying to tow up hill around switch backs then everyone is stuffed.
And the mix of rednecks

Plasnart
13th June 2016, 09:40 PM
Hate long weekend crowds. This year we went to Lerderderg which isnt such a knob hotspot and had a bloody great time. Even with the 48 hour rave party a k away which we crashed midnight Saturday. Had my first rave boogie!! Haha was the grouse but only stayed 30 minutes! Video to come!

rusty00
13th June 2016, 09:50 PM
True that long weekend crowds, we only said this time it's out of control but hey everyone is allowed to enjoy this beautiful place.
Sounds fun the rave it's a big thing now in the bush.

Stropp
13th June 2016, 10:09 PM
Hate long weekend crowds. This year we went to Lerderderg which isnt such a knob hotspot and had a bloody great time. Even with the 48 hour rave party a k away which we crashed midnight Saturday. Had my first rave boogie!! Haha was the grouse but only stayed 30 minutes! Video to come!

Come on mate at Roofy's donk party you were having your own rave all by yourself lol

Bacho86
15th June 2016, 09:31 PM
Yeh we heard all the drama as we were going up butcher country track and link track -- two very new looking y62's towing a pair of tvans got into some real strife!!

There was a heap of traffic on Caledonia but very little on butcher for some reason . Howitt plains was good fun as always

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/06/199.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AB
15th June 2016, 09:32 PM
Hate long weekend crowds. This year we went to Lerderderg which isnt such a knob hotspot and had a bloody great time. Even with the 48 hour rave party a k away which we crashed midnight Saturday. Had my first rave boogie!! Haha was the grouse but only stayed 30 minutes! Video to come! How's that video going plassy ;)

Plasnart
16th June 2016, 11:00 AM
How's that video going plassy ;)

Still waiting for it myself :(

rusty00
16th June 2016, 07:04 PM
Butchers was fun as.
Did you here about the Y62 over the radio?
We were told that another group had been stuck since 12am that night, we got to that section before turning around around 12pm Sunday.
Be interesting to know or see some pics.

Yeh we heard all the drama as we were going up butcher country track and link track -- two very new looking y62's towing a pair of tvans got into some real strife!!

There was a heap of traffic on Caledonia but very little on butcher for some reason . Howitt plains was good fun as always

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/06/199.jpg

Bacho86
16th June 2016, 07:17 PM
Butchers was fun as.
Did you here about the Y62 over the radio?
We were told that another group had been stuck since 12am that night, we got to that section before turning around around 12pm Sunday.
Be interesting to know or see some pics.

Yeh we passed the y62's where they were camped and heard bits and pieces over the radio, then pieced it all together when I saw comments on fb

rusty00
16th June 2016, 10:51 PM
Power of the net.
We camped next to them on Dingo hill tk.

Yeh we passed the y62's where they were camped and heard bits and pieces over the radio, then pieced it all together when I saw comments on fb

Hodge
17th June 2016, 09:26 AM
So what exactly happened to the y62 ? Just wondering because I just saw one on a tow truck very muddy looked like it had bit of roof rack and awning torn off and bit of rear damage.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

mudski
17th June 2016, 10:20 AM
I recently joined FB, wouldn't have a clue how to use it and find the stuff you guys are talking about. Lol

rusty00
17th June 2016, 07:05 PM
Can ya put the link up, can't find it on FB

When we seen it go past us 1km off the dirt road on the tar road to Licola it was defiantly a CV but didn't notice any other damage.

I recently joined FB, wouldn't have a clue how to use it and find the stuff you guys are talking about. Lol

Hodge
17th June 2016, 07:35 PM
I heard a few boys at work talking about it, pics on facebook where they got stuck etc... But i found jack shit lol.

Bacho86
17th June 2016, 07:48 PM
Couldn't find any photos, but here's a couple screen shots of convo on Aussie 4wd tracks VIC FB page

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/06/212.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/06/213.jpg

mudski
17th June 2016, 08:02 PM
Haha! I like the comment from Dean mac in the first screen shot. Reminds me of the noob I come across a few year back down near Sheepyards. He was in a Audi A4 AWD wagon sitting on the track just after Fry's where theres a sign saying 4WD only. I pulled up beside him and asked if he was ok. He looked well dressed, had the missus in the passenger seat all dolled up and two kids in the back. He wanted to go further up for a drive. I pointed out the sign and his response was, I have a button here I can push and it will lift my car 2inches. I laughed at him and said good luck champ and drove away.
Some people think just because their car or 4wd is advertised as a 4wd they can go anywhere.
Then!
I catch up with my cousin whom I hadn't seen in probably 10 years or so. He's now married with two and him and his missus are on a combined wage of 400k p/a. We meet up at his sister 40th, the day after the donk party, I park behind his 120K Discovery. He looks at mine and says he can go anywhere mine can. Yer right.....

Hodge
17th June 2016, 08:25 PM
No wonder people get in trouble with a mindset like that lol .
First time I ever took my patrol (3L) off-road to mount dissa, we came across a hung up outlander. Hung up in rut by it's front and rear bumper. Going nowhere. Yes, it was an AWD.
Foreign people, spoke very little English, and as far as I understood them, they wanted to go see Black Saturday damage ...
We had no clue how to help them out, due to the position of the car, whichever way we pull it, there was big under-carriage damage possible.
So every time I tried to explain what could happen, they just smiled and nodded. Anyway with a winch and some maxtrax we got it out for them no dramas, although I'll be honest I was shitting my self, really didn't want to damage this car in the process of "helping" them.

So then the next hurdle was trying to explain to them this was no place for this type of vehicle. Once again they smiled and nodded, completely clueless with what I was saying. They turned around and followed us out to a main track, and then wandered off again.

mudski
17th June 2016, 08:31 PM
No wonder people get in trouble with a mindset like that lol .
First time I ever took my patrol (3L) off-road to mount dissa, we came across a hung up outlander. Hung up in rut by it's front and rear bumper. Going nowhere. Yes, it was an AWD.
Foreign people, spoke very little English, and as far as I understood them, they wanted to go see Black Saturday damage ...
We had no clue how to help them out, due to the position of the car, whichever way we pull it, there was big under-carriage damage possible.
So every time I tried to explain what could happen, they just smiled and nodded. Anyway with a winch and some maxtrax we got it out for them no dramas, although I'll be honest I was shitting my self, really didn't want to damage this car in the process of "helping" them.

So then the next hurdle was trying to explain to them this was no place for this type of vehicle. Once again they smiled and nodded, completely clueless with what I was saying. They turned around and followed us out to a main track, and then wandered off again.

Thats when you have to explain to them that damage may occur if they want you to help and you the recoverer are NOT responsible.

On that same weekend I saw the Audi I took the family to Craigs hut. I think it was Monument Track we were decending. The track covered in rocks, we came across a couple in a RAV4 going down ever so slowly, their car was so low it was creating a bow wave of rocks in front of them. Lol. Atleast the rocks were helping them slow down.

mudski
29th June 2016, 12:50 PM
Just read that the Y62 in question punched a hole in his sump doing a river crossing on a rock. Had to remove it, go home, weld it up and come back and put it back on. Not a CV. Unless there was two Y62's in strife...

rusty00
29th June 2016, 07:44 PM
Diffidently a CV the one we seen.
It was driving past us, the one on Calidonia tk lost front drive.

QUOTE=mudski;684781]Just read that the Y62 in question punched a hole in his sump doing a river crossing on a rock. Had to remove it, go home, weld it up and come back and put it back on. Not a CV. Unless there was two Y62's in strife...[/QUOTE]

mudski
30th June 2016, 08:32 PM
Must have been two then as the hole in the sump guy is on P4x4 and was talking about it...