PDA

View Full Version : Border Track October Long Weekend 1st 2nd 3rd

growler2058
7th June 2016, 05:25 PM
RightO I'll get a poll sorted later but chuck your EOI here for now. Spose the plan will be to head off for Pinaroo Saturday and make our way South from there? 100% open to options. Plan to be headed home Monday

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/icons/icon4.png Members meet up disclaimer

This forum is a community of like-minded people who enjoy the great outdoors in their Patrols.

It is not an organisation or an incorporated club. It is a totally voluntary loose collection of people who share interests.

So it must be said that people who come along on members outings do so at their own risk, personal and material. Of course all care will be taken, however accidents can (and sometimes do) happen and that is the risk we all take on 4x4 outings.

It is expected each participant will carry appropriate insurance cover or be fully understanding of the level of insurance cover they have. This forum does not provide insurance to any participant.

Buffoonery or larrikinism won't be tolerated in this group for this very reason (I really don't expect this from our members anyway, but it needs to be said).

Likewise, if somebody is uncomfortable with any situation or decision made on an outing they are entitled to speak up and raise those concerns. Our group won't be pressuring people into situations they don't want to be in. Participants will be responsible for their own actions and entitled to make their own decisions.

So let's all get out there, have fun, make friends and enjoy the bush and each others company; but understand we all do so at our own risks.

Rossco
7th June 2016, 05:39 PM
I'd be keen, always wanted to do border track. See how things pan out but could be a goer. . .

BigRAWesty
7th June 2016, 06:17 PM
Sounds like a good plan mate..
I'm keen depending work plans

mudnut
7th June 2016, 06:25 PM
So that is Friday 30th September, Saturday 1st, Sunday 2nd and Monday 3rd October.

jack
7th June 2016, 07:23 PM
I'm keen but organising anything so far in advance is problematic for me.

Sir Roofy
7th June 2016, 07:45 PM
See how we go would like to do it

katwoman
7th June 2016, 07:56 PM
yeah.. pencil us in, but things are still one day at a time .

mudnut
7th June 2016, 08:06 PM
I have the go ahead from Mrs mudsane.

growler2058
7th June 2016, 08:24 PM
Ok so how the fork do i setup a poll?

growler2058
7th June 2016, 08:40 PM
AB how do i do a poll thingy

AB
7th June 2016, 08:45 PM
AB how do i do a poll thingy When in the thread as you are reading now click "thread tools" top grey Nav bar.

Then "add a poll to this thread"

Then change the number of answers you desire for the poll and ensure make votes are public mate.

BigRAWesty
7th June 2016, 09:09 PM
And he's admin. Bahahaha

AB
7th June 2016, 09:14 PM
And he's admin. Bahahaha ?...........

growler2058
7th June 2016, 09:23 PM
And he's admin. Bahahaha

I'm but a lowly moderator
Cheers @AB

Sent from my iPhone using My thumbs

MudRunnerTD
7th June 2016, 10:43 PM
Could be keen.....

TPC
7th June 2016, 11:17 PM
I will come along if I have nothing better to do. ;)

We may be going overseas with my sons family if he is ready, we were meant to have a family holiday in Bali last year but F#@KING cancer got in the way.

Roosim
7th June 2016, 11:37 PM
At this stage I'm keen...

Avo
8th June 2016, 12:09 AM
Sounds like a good plan mate..
I'm keen depending work plans

and if the wife will let you use the car....sorry dude.....all shit and giggles

jay see
8th June 2016, 01:27 AM
I would like to, but will have to see how this pan out...

growler2058
8th June 2016, 05:21 AM
Poll added you lot, cheers for the tutorial AB .......... gotta love this tag thingy ya got hapenin'

And a friendly reminder below

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/icons/icon4.png Members meet up disclaimer

This forum is a community of like-minded people who enjoy the great outdoors in their Patrols.

It is not an organisation or an incorporated club. It is a totally voluntary loose collection of people who share interests.

So it must be said that people who come along on members outings do so at their own risk, personal and material. Of course all care will be taken, however accidents can (and sometimes do) happen and that is the risk we all take on 4x4 outings.

It is expected each participant will carry appropriate insurance cover or be fully understanding of the level of insurance cover they have. This forum does not provide insurance to any participant.

Buffoonery or larrikinism won't be tolerated in this group for this very reason (I really don't expect this from our members anyway, but it needs to be said).

Likewise, if somebody is uncomfortable with any situation or decision made on an outing they are entitled to speak up and raise those concerns. Our group won't be pressuring people into situations they don't want to be in. Participants will be responsible for their own actions and entitled to make their own decisions.

So let's all get out there, have fun, make friends and enjoy the bush and each others company; but understand we all do so at our own risks.

Chubba
8th June 2016, 05:26 AM
Looks like you've created a monster here mate.

growler2058
8th June 2016, 05:38 AM
Ive done the track a few times, but am far from knowledgeable regarding it. I know its closed in bushfire season, also it goes through a conservation park so I think pets are a no no. Anyone with knowledge please share or run with your ideas, cheers.

Thinking i might try to get away Friday early from work??

BigRAWesty
8th June 2016, 07:23 AM
Yes closed for bushfire season.
No pets due to narrkat NP.
As always the more time the better but realistically your only going to gain maybe 20k Friday night.
It really is only a one day track.
If you start Friday night you'll be down the bottom sat night.
If you start Saturday and camp half way the finish Sunday and into little desert for a play.
Camp Sunday night in little desert play a little more Monday or chill and then home..

Chubba
8th June 2016, 07:47 AM
Yes closed for bushfire season.
No pets due to narrkat NP.
As always the more time the better but realistically your only going to gain maybe 20k Friday night.
It really is only a one day track.
If you start Friday night you'll be down the bottom sat night.
If you start Saturday and camp half way the finish Sunday and into little desert for a play.
Camp Sunday night in little desert play a little more Monday or chill and then home..

Where do you consider the end is Kallen? The park boundary or further south?

BigRAWesty
8th June 2016, 08:11 AM
Where do you consider the end is Kallen? The park boundary or further south?
End of the track is about boarder town.
But little desert is just south of there..

Chubba
8th June 2016, 08:21 AM
Ok.
Cool. So we'll have plenty of time.

BSRT.Beast
8th June 2016, 08:59 AM
I'm keen .... just need to clarify the dates as its a long weekend at the start of oct and at the end of oct ........................

growler2058
8th June 2016, 09:21 AM
SA long weekend is Oct 5

Chubba
8th June 2016, 09:40 AM
SA long weekend is Oct 5

Oct 3rd dingus. 4th & 5th are RDOs.

Chubba
8th June 2016, 12:02 PM
At this stage I'm keen...

Locked in I see mate. Excellent!!

Roosim
8th June 2016, 01:28 PM
Locked in I see mate. Excellent!!

Yep - will be good to catch up with your mob again ! A class piss takers !!

mudnut
8th June 2016, 03:48 PM
Please add the dates on the title page, for those that want to come from interstate.

Chubba
8th June 2016, 06:38 PM
I'm out!!
bugger it. Should have looked at the kitchen calendar before jumping.
My 15 year old daughter leaves for overseas on the Sunday. Bugger it.

growler2058
8th June 2016, 06:45 PM
Oct 3rd dingus. 4th & 5th are RDOs.

Whatever..........

growler2058
8th June 2016, 06:45 PM
I'm out!!
bugger it. Should have looked at the kitchen calendar before jumping.
My 15 year old daughter leaves for overseas on the Sunday. Bugger it.

Good onya dickbrain!

growler2058
8th June 2016, 06:48 PM
Please add the dates on the title page, for those that want to come from interstate.

Done......

Makka
8th June 2016, 06:49 PM
Good onya dickbrain!

LOL ....... dots for 10 caracters

Chubba
8th June 2016, 07:01 PM
Good onya dickbrain!

It's your fault for not telling me to check.
So ya betta change those dates or I'll get cross with you.

growler2058
8th June 2016, 07:06 PM
It's your fault for not telling me to check.
So ya betta change those dates or I'll get cross with you.

Unlike you blokes that get a gazillion RDO's a year I only get 6, and they're after long weekends only and cant be banked so get cross

Chubba
8th June 2016, 07:13 PM
Unlike you blokes that get a gazillion RDO's a year I only get 6, and they're after long weekends only and cant be banked so get cross

Boo hoo. Sucked in.
Your the one who needs the prestige of a title.

growler2058
8th June 2016, 07:35 PM
Boo hoo. Sucked in.
Your the one who needs the prestige of a title.

What "safety C###"

Softy
8th June 2016, 09:35 PM
Beachport/Robe is my usual gig that weekend.. But i could be convinced to head to this!

jack
8th June 2016, 11:03 PM
Public Holiday in Vic is Friday 30th September.

BigRAWesty
9th June 2016, 07:56 AM
Public Holiday in Vic is Friday 30th September.
You guys have "before AFL grandfinal day.."
Owell. Counts you vics out unless you take a day off..

Sir Roofy
9th June 2016, 04:37 PM
You guys have "before AFL grandfinal day.."
Owell. Counts you vics out unless you take a day off..

NOT likely if all is well ill be there

growler2058
2nd August 2016, 08:44 PM
Bump........

katwoman
3rd August 2016, 03:54 AM
Bump........

Waddayamean ???? Is it organised or what ? I'll be a dole bludger by then.. Yipppeee

growler2058
3rd August 2016, 04:49 AM
Just keeping it there. I'm going I'll be in Pinaroo before lunch on Saturday. It's an easy drive that could be knocked off that day but plan was to camp in the Conservation Park Sat night. Sunday have a look in the big desert or little desert (westy what's better?) camp in there and drive out Monday.

BigRAWesty
3rd August 2016, 07:45 AM
Little desert for sure but it is a fair bit further south..
But unfortunately I am out.
Had made plans with friends of ours prior.

katwoman
3rd August 2016, 09:07 PM
We are up to a definite maybe. Old boy has been now given a 4 week dead line to get http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?37572-Look-what-happens-when-he-s-left-unsupervised ( Swampy) on the road.

Sir Roofy
30th August 2016, 05:54 PM
This trip is still on yeah? if so where in

katwoman
30th August 2016, 07:26 PM
The 4 week deadline is shot to shit, but lucky katrol just needs a oil change and we're good to go. Jane-O, Bailey and I have ALOT of catching up to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mudnut
30th August 2016, 07:51 PM
Still negotiating with Mrs mudsane about going on this trip. Just had to shell out for a spring tower kit so it may not happen. :(

BigRAWesty
30th August 2016, 08:23 PM
God dam..
We are firmly out..
Weekend booked in Cape jaffa

katwoman
5th September 2016, 04:50 PM
Bumping this up.... We are making a delivery to Sea Lake on the way, so I'll have to convince the old boy to store the tandem somewhere and not take it thru the desert. The G60 goes for it's RWC tomorrow.. Fingers crossed it'll be reg by the end of the week.

growler2058
6th September 2016, 08:33 PM
I got 2 or 3 mates coming. 1 GQ 1 100s and 1 80s

mudnut
9th September 2016, 06:24 PM
Still negotiating to go. I still don't have a jack as my high lift got bent. I know you have to be self sufficient, but would I be able to borrow an exhaust jack if need be?

Sir Roofy
9th September 2016, 06:27 PM
Still negotiating to go. I still don't have a jack as my high lift got bent. I know you have to be self sufficient, but would I be able to borrow an exhaust jack if need be?

You can my friend

Sir Roofy
9th September 2016, 06:30 PM
I got 2 or 3 mates coming. 1 GQ 1 100s and 1 80s

more the merrier mate looking forward to it

growler2058
9th September 2016, 06:47 PM

Highly unlikely you'd need it mate. Its a pretty easy track. Except if we get more rain like last night then we wont be able to see the 6' deep holes.

growler2058
9th September 2016, 06:48 PM
more the merrier mate looking forward to it

The 100s is the pom who was at Loveday

Sir Roofy
9th September 2016, 08:25 PM
The 100s is the pom who was at Loveday

That's a long time ago whys he still in a yota
be good to catch up though

BigRAWesty
9th September 2016, 09:22 PM
Yea it's called the boring track now compared to what it was..
I doubt any of you will need low range.

Sir Roofy
9th September 2016, 09:37 PM
Yea it's called the boring track now compared to what it was..
I doubt any of you will need low range.

Like every other track mate al flogged out

BigRAWesty
9th September 2016, 09:39 PM
Like every other track mate al flogged out
More the erosion on the dunes..
Father inlaw thinks probably close to 10m has been blown off tops over 30 years..
It's still fun though and a good track..

mudnut
10th September 2016, 12:19 AM
Yeah, not a hard track to drive when dry but If I get to go its to meet more of youse and catch up with others.

growler2058
17th September 2016, 06:28 PM
I reckon as of today we got 5 definites and a definite maybe

Roofy
Kat
Growler
Nev (my mate in his 80 and another mate shotgun)
Geeza(fella in the white 100s that was at the Loveday meet)
Pete (GQ is a definite maybe) Pearceys old GQ

Its been farkin wet down this way, so it might be an interesting trip

Sir Roofy
17th September 2016, 08:48 PM
I reckon as of today we got 5 definites and a definite maybe

Roofy
Kat
Growler
Nev (my mate in his 80 and another mate shotgun)
Geeza(fella in the white 100s that was at the Loveday meet)
Pete (GQ is a definite maybe) Pearceys old GQ

Its been farkin wet down this way, so it might be an interesting trip

Looking forward to it

mudnut
18th September 2016, 10:34 AM
Is anyone taking a camper? There were some killer ruts a few years ago. We nearly had a Disco roll when his front wheel slipped into one. It was that deep his D/S footwell flooded. We had a couple of blokes hanging off the other side, trying to keep the vehicle from going over.

growler2058
18th September 2016, 11:33 AM
Is anyone taking a camper? There were some killer ruts a few years ago. We nearly had a Disco roll when his front wheel slipped into one. It was that deep his D/S footwell flooded. We had a couple of blokes hanging off the other side, trying to keep the vehicle from going over.

Yeah theres some holes that would swallow a Patrol. With all this rain itll be hard to spot them. Sounds fun ay

mudnut
18th September 2016, 01:04 PM
UH OH: https://www.environment.sa.gov.au/parks/Find_a_Park/Browse_by_region/Murray_River/ngarkat-conservation-park

I looked this up to see the condition of the track.

growler2058
18th September 2016, 02:33 PM
Sounds like the Border track is open still, but other ares/campsites arent. I'll call them tomorrow

mudnut
18th September 2016, 03:13 PM
PM sent, Growler

growler2058
18th September 2016, 07:26 PM
PM sent, @Growler (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/member.php?u=2237)

I'll give them a call and suss it out mate

growler2058
19th September 2016, 07:26 PM
Righto i called a lady today called Fiona. She said they dont like to say an area is "closed" but currently tracks to some campsites are underwater. The main track is fine, but in saying that, their crooza is currently undergoing a major service so they havent been able to drive it themselves. They had a heap of esquires last week, and she asked for them to ring back if the track is shit. So far no calls back. I said theyre probably upside down under water and no phone coverage HAHAHAHa. She said yeah thats what normally happens :0 Anyhow she rekons if we dont get a truckload (her polite words) all the tracks should be passable. We need to pay $11 ea vehicle per night at the honour system at the start of the park. If it all goes to shit I have a bit of a contingency plan that involves heading south to Robe or Beachport and camp on the beach, for the second night maybe? Chat around the campfire if that happens. We can gather wood in the conservation park but only whats on the ground. OK so its still on!

Sir Roofy
19th September 2016, 08:28 PM
Ok where in Pinnaroo will you be and what time ??

growler2058
19th September 2016, 08:32 PM
OTR on the Southern Mallee highway. Im easy with time, but i was thinking around 12, but can be either side easy as
https://www.google.com.au/webhp#q=pinnaroo+service+stations&rflfq=1&rlha=0&rllag=-35260991,140909265,421&tbm=lcl&tbs=lf:1,lf_ui:2

growler2058
19th September 2016, 08:38 PM
Its a 3- 3 1/2 hr drive for me with a wee stop so I'm easy easy

Sir Roofy
19th September 2016, 08:58 PM
OTR on the Southern Mallee highway. Im easy with time, but i was thinking around 12, but can be either side easy as
https://www.google.com.au/webhp#q=pinnaroo+service+stations&rflfq=1&rlha=0&rllag=-35260991,140909265,421&tbm=lcl&tbs=lf:1,lf_ui:2
Ok we'll most likely travel up Friday arvo and stay at the caravanpark
so we'll see you Saturday lunchtime at the servo

Any other wives coming along

growler2058
19th September 2016, 09:11 PM
Righto mate, crank the billy up mate :)

Sir Roofy
19th September 2016, 10:36 PM
Any other wives coming besides Kat and Jane-o

growler2058
20th September 2016, 05:07 AM
The definite maybe fellas wife is a maybe. Mines hooked up with Surf Lifesaving shit Geezas missus ain't the camping type and the 80s has just gone single and bringing a mate

BigRAWesty
20th September 2016, 08:33 AM
If it does go to shoit well be at cape jaffa.
Plenty of free spots by the looks of it.

mudnut
20th September 2016, 11:57 AM
Definitely out. Broke a rear shocker yesterday at the Grampians.

Rossco
20th September 2016, 12:01 PM
I was a maybe but am double booked, spewn. Should be good after the rain we've had I'll have to get up there soon sometime. .

Sir Roofy
20th September 2016, 02:57 PM
I was a maybe but am double booked, spewn. Should be good after the rain we've had I'll have to get up there soon sometime. .

Bugger I booked you first
ah well next meet up

Rossco
20th September 2016, 08:19 PM
Bugger I booked you first
ah well next meet up
Yeah the boss has spoken, not much i can do unfortunatly haha. . .

AB
20th September 2016, 08:25 PM
Sorry guys we are out too.

Finance has stopped any major trips lately and Fraser Island has been cancelled. It sucked big time telling Mia we can't go to Fraser and visit Matty and others up there!!!

Rock Trol
20th September 2016, 11:28 PM
Our club is doing the Border Track this coming weekend. I will be able to give everyone an update on the track conditions next week. Our trip leader is looking into which the parts of the track are closed. Our plan had been to drive up the western side of Ngarkat from Tintinara then cut across to the eastern side to do the Border Track. I think some of those tracks are now closed.

That area is also expecting 10-20mm of rain on Saturday. So far we are still on to do the trip. Hope it doesnt get cancelled. We arranged the trip in September in the hope that we would get some dry sand that was at least a bit off a challange but looks like with the rain it will be no challange at all. I suppose there's the mud.

BigRAWesty
20th September 2016, 11:53 PM
Definitely out. Broke a rear shocker yesterday at the Grampians.
There over rated..

Our club is doing the Border Track this coming weekend. I will be able to give everyone an update on the track conditions next week. Our trip leader is looking into which the parts of the track are closed. Our plan had been to drive up the western side of Ngarkat from Tintinara then cut across to the eastern side to do the Border Track. I think some of those tracks are now closed.

That area is also expecting 10-20mm of rain on Saturday. So far we are still on to do the trip. Hope it doesnt get cancelled. We arranged the trip in September in the hope that we would get some dry sand that was at least a bit off a challange but looks like with the rain it will be no challange at all. I suppose there's the mud.
Yea it's looking like more again..
Gunna be interesting..

growler2058
21st September 2016, 01:17 PM

Cheers mate that'd be great to get your feedback. When I spoke to the lady she said the main track was open still just restricted access to some of the campsites. I plan on camping at one of the first sites on Sat night, then red bluff on Sunday night

katwoman
21st September 2016, 03:20 PM
Surely being sand it doesn't stay wet for long ?
Anyhow where's the meeting place and what time.

growler2058
21st September 2016, 03:51 PM
Read the bloody thread!

growler2058
21st September 2016, 03:52 PM
And there is clay and boggles to contend with katwoman

growler2058
21st September 2016, 03:52 PM
That's big holes stupid auto correct

katwoman
21st September 2016, 04:41 PM
Read the bloody thread!

If I wanted to read the thread I wouldn't of asked !!!

katwoman
21st September 2016, 04:46 PM
Deleted post

growler2058
21st September 2016, 06:28 PM
If I wanted to read the thread I wouldn't of asked !!!

Geez no need to yell at me

growler2058
21st September 2016, 06:28 PM
So round lunchtime Saturday at the OTR Pinaroo

katwoman
21st September 2016, 07:04 PM
So round lunchtime Saturday at the OTR Pinaroo

Yeah. I read that. Haha
We' be leaving early thurs in case there's issues with the 'new' bus.

TPC
21st September 2016, 07:30 PM
Surely being sand it doesn't stay wet for long ?

There is lots of really sticky mud there that takes a long time to drain, this was back in 2002 before they bypassed some of the good sandhills.

69137 69138 69139

katwoman
21st September 2016, 07:55 PM
There is lots of really sticky mud there that takes a long time to drain, this was back in 2002 before they bypassed some of the good sandhills.

69137 69138 69139

Oh. Crap

Rossco
21st September 2016, 08:26 PM
Looks like fun, v jealous. . . What's the deal with the "new bus" kat or so we have to wait to see. . .

katwoman
21st September 2016, 08:40 PM
Looks like fun, v jealous. . . What's the deal with the "new bus" kat or so we have to wait to see. . .

You'll love it, Rossco

growler2058
25th September 2016, 05:13 PM
Pre-emptive strike, hopefully they won't be required http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/09/224.jpg
Trolls' pretty much packed already for next weekend

katwoman
25th September 2016, 05:47 PM
Oooh. They're the same colour as mine. One major, some minor issues with Swampy but should be ready.

growler2058
25th September 2016, 06:34 PM
Oooh. They're the same colour as mine. One major, some minor issues with Swampy but should be ready.

You follown' Sir Roofy and JaneO down?

katwoman
25th September 2016, 06:56 PM
You follown' Sir Roofy and JaneO down?

Nah. We leaving Thursday.

Rock Trol
26th September 2016, 09:55 PM
The eastern side of the Border Track is open including all of the camp grounds. Its just the North Western side around Box Flat camp site that is closed as its under water. The ranger ar Lamaroo might have been exagerating but they still wanted that area to be off-limits.

We stayed at the new camp sites (6 in total) just down from Pine Hut Soak camp ground. Just turn right at the old wind mill. No toilet there but if Pine Hut Soak is too crowded you can give these a go. The ranger put us onto them so most people wont know about them yet.

As for track conditions, the sand was pretty damp so it should not be a problem getting over it. It was a little disappointing in that as we where hoping that by September the sand would be drier and be more of a challenge. Further south the bog holes are all full of water and going was a little harder. We had some stock vehicles in our group so had to find the best way through. Plenty of mud and clay. It was raining most of Saturday and we camped at Red Bluff where it started to pour for a couple of hours. We thought it would be an early night but by 6pm it stopped and we could sit around the camp fire, drink and talk sh1te for a few hours. :drunk:

There may be alittle more rain there over the week so conditions wont change mutch. Certainly there will be plenty of mud and water in the bog holes.

growler2058
27th September 2016, 05:46 AM
@ Rock Trol cheers mate. SA is due for a significant weather event Wednesday and Thursday. So it can only get muddier and wetter. Well try those campsites mate if the others are filled

growler2058
27th September 2016, 08:28 PM
FAAAAAAARRRRK we got some weather coming....... a record breaker apparently for SA. But we're still on! Ol mate Geeza has hurt his back, and I wont konw till Thursday if hes still coming. Just means 1 less Toyota to recover. The fella with Pearcys ol GQ (another pomme) is out wants to work for some reason. Hes been duly abused by me for being a soft c0ck. Anyway bring ya waders hahahahaha

Rock Trol
27th September 2016, 09:29 PM
The weather is going to be crazy here in SA tomorrow. The weekend is looking good though, just in time for your trip.
Should be a good one.

Sir Roofy
29th September 2016, 11:29 AM
Well it had to happen was putting the back seats in the wagon and pulled or torn muscle
the boss is not happy should of waited for her to help she growled
its not getting better fast enough so where out
the weather is not looking to good either sorry mate was looking forward to it

Rossco
29th September 2016, 11:56 AM
Well it had to happen was putting the back seats in the wagon and pulled or torn muscle
Bugger roofy not good, that sux mate. Rest up hope your on the mend soon.

Have fun everyone else should be pretty WET, be plenty of mud around in the clayie bits. . .

katwoman
29th September 2016, 12:21 PM

Sux big time. We are on our way. Weather looks bloody great. ( not)

Rossco
29th September 2016, 12:23 PM
Sux big time. We are on our way. Weather looks bloody great. ( not)

Yeah its a bit wild, we're heading of to Cape Otway soon, glad I'm taking the jayco. . .

katwoman
29th September 2016, 02:11 PM
Who am I gonna get drunk with, now. Jane'O ??

mudnut
29th September 2016, 03:13 PM
Have a great trip, peoples. Maybe another time I'll get to meet youse. Oh yeah, plenty of pics please.

katwoman
29th September 2016, 04:06 PM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/09/278.jpg
Lovely

Sir Roofy
29th September 2016, 04:33 PM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/09/278.jpg
Lovely

Where was that Kat have you a tent

Maxhead
29th September 2016, 04:49 PM

I think they need a boat not a tent :)

katwoman
29th September 2016, 05:11 PM

Just near Bendigo. We're still on the road and we'll sook out and motel it.

mudnut
29th September 2016, 05:44 PM
I think they need a boat not a tent :)

And the northern section of the track is restricted to southbound traffic only. So if you find that the track has turned to slush, you just have to keep on going.

Sir Roofy
29th September 2016, 06:02 PM
Just near Bendigo. We're still on the road and we'll sook out and motel it.

Ok hows the pig running you taking it down the track

growler2058
29th September 2016, 06:20 PM
Thats an absolute bummer Roofy :(

Geezas out with his back all screwed up. So we're down to 3 vehicles

katwoman
29th September 2016, 06:48 PM
Ok hows the pig running you taking it down the track

No pig. Swampy and katrol.

Sir Roofy
29th September 2016, 07:50 PM

Sorry mate was getting ready for the run over twisted the wrong way
that brought me to my knees

Winnie
29th September 2016, 07:58 PM
Bloody hell roofy. Look after yourself mate!

katwoman
29th September 2016, 08:24 PM

4. We're bringing 2 to bump the numbers.

Sir Roofy
29th September 2016, 09:08 PM
Bloody hell roofy. Look after yourself mate!

Thanks mate them chairs are heavy and awkward

growler2058
30th September 2016, 05:07 AM
Rest up Roofy I'll try to get to next years Aussie day meet up or even AB's donk party

katwoman
30th September 2016, 12:38 PM
One small hiccup this morning but fingers crossed back to driving in the rain.

jay see
30th September 2016, 12:58 PM
Safe travels everyone.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Sir Roofy
30th September 2016, 03:18 PM
One small hiccup this morning but fingers crossed back to driving in the rain.

What happened swampy didn't want to start

katwoman
30th September 2016, 05:22 PM
What happened swampy didn't want to start

Kinda. Fuel pump shit itself.

Sir Roofy
30th September 2016, 05:31 PM
Kinda. Fuel pump shit itself.

That's know good would have been it's longest run in years
guess it would be diaphragm or crap in it hope he has a few
spare parts on board

katwoman
30th September 2016, 05:55 PM
That's know good would have been it's longest run in years
guess it would be diaphragm or crap in it hope he has a few
spare parts on board

The one thing he didn't bring. I towed him into Ouyen and got a rather expensive electric one. But not as expensive as if it was mine.

Sir Roofy
30th September 2016, 06:15 PM
The one thing he didn't bring. I towed him into Ouyen and got a rather expensive electric one. But not as expensive as if it was mine.

That was lucky then so you staying the night
at the Ouyen motel

katwoman
30th September 2016, 06:16 PM
That was lucky then so you staying the night
at the Ouyen motel

Nope. Pinnaroo pub.

Sir Roofy
30th September 2016, 08:02 PM
Nope. Pinnaroo pub.

Never stayed at that 1 have a good day tomorrow
hope you have your camera

growler2058
1st October 2016, 06:16 AM
Mooooorninghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/10/1.jpg

Chubba
1st October 2016, 06:59 AM
Remember.... Lots and lots of pics.
Hope you all have a snorkel.

Sir Roofy
1st October 2016, 10:17 AM
I'm really P3%570 Off we couldn't make it this going to be wild
Hope the swampy has floaties as back up

katwoman
1st October 2016, 10:42 AM
Looking at the fourbys getting around town I am starting to shit myself, but don't tell growlers.

Sir Roofy
1st October 2016, 10:47 AM
You'll be ok common sense and a big stick

mudnut
1st October 2016, 02:29 PM
I'm really P3%570 Off we couldn't make it this going to be wild
Hope the swampy has floaties as back up

We'll have to do the Mt Cole Trip when you're better, yeah?

Sir Roofy
1st October 2016, 02:59 PM
We'll have to do the Mt Cole Trip when you're better, yeah?

ok see what happens

katwoman
2nd October 2016, 09:55 AM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/10/30.jpg............

the evil twin
2nd October 2016, 02:16 PM
... so far so good eh?

Better weather than we are getting here in lower WA

mudnut
2nd October 2016, 07:50 PM
Still raining near Bordertown according to the BOM. There were a few bog holes toward the south end. I remember one off to the west of the main track. It had dried out enough for a couple blokes to drive through. The ground level was at the top of window height. I hope they don't attempt to drive through it.

growler2058
3rd October 2016, 01:20 PM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/10/36.jpg

growler2058
3rd October 2016, 01:21 PM
https://vimeo.com/185263562

katwoman
3rd October 2016, 03:26 PM
AWESOOOOOME !!!!

growler2058
3rd October 2016, 08:14 PM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/10/39.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/10/40.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/10/41.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/10/42.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/10/43.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/10/44.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/10/45.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/10/46.jpg

growler2058
3rd October 2016, 08:15 PM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/10/47.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/10/48.jpg

katwoman
3rd October 2016, 08:39 PM
Absolutely the best weekend in like forever. Thanks to Growlers for not canning it even tho you wanted to. Was a mix of sand, sunshine, snow and mud. I'll let the pics tell the story. Zoom in on Growlers epic drive for the best footage of the weekend.
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/10/49.jpg
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/10/50.jpg
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/10/51.jpg
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/10/52.jpg
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/10/53.jpg
https://vimeo.com/185291493

katwoman
3rd October 2016, 08:48 PM
Growlers saving the best for last.
https://vimeo.com/185292161

Rossco
3rd October 2016, 09:03 PM
Looks like a great weekend, have to get up there someday soon. Looks like a heap of fun with all the mud around.

The 60 looks sweeeeeeeeet ☺ . . Bloody good job Steve love it. . .

growler2058
3rd October 2016, 09:04 PM
It was a great weekend, no major rushing about. You could do the whole track in a day easy, but easily spend more time than we did also. Thanks to you and SteveO for making the effort, it was good to catch up again. The fella is a wizz with what hes done to the ol Troll
That was a farking bouncy ol ride. There was phones and cameras flying everywhere in the cabin

Rock Trol
3rd October 2016, 09:06 PM
Looks like everyone had a great time. I think there was more water in the bog holes than when we where there the weekend before.
That G60 looks fantastic. Good to see an old car still doing what it was designed for.

katwoman
3rd October 2016, 09:09 PM
It was a great weekend, no major rushing about. You could do the whole track in a day easy, but easily spend more time than we did also. Thanks to you and SteveO for making the effort, it was good to catch up again. The fella is a wizz with what hes done to the ol Troll
That was a farking bouncy ol ride. There was phones and cameras flying everywhere in the cabin

I think all my eggs are broken. I'm too scared to look.

Rossco
3rd October 2016, 09:13 PM

Haha sounds like when me and winnie went for a spin in the old red fire truck up at OTools. Bounce'n round everywhere we were pissing ourselves laughing ! ! . . .

growler2058
3rd October 2016, 09:17 PM
I think all my eggs are broken. I'm too scared to look.

Ohhhhh didnt think of that. I havent even looked

Winnie
3rd October 2016, 09:48 PM
Haha sounds like when me and winnie went for a spin in the old red fire truck up at OTools. Bounce'n round everywhere we were pissing ourselves laughing ! ! . . .
Hahaha yeah that was funny as! At least you had the suspension seat!
The G wagon looks awesome Steveo!

growler2058
4th October 2016, 07:07 PM
https://vimeo.com/185443138

katwoman
4th October 2016, 09:57 PM
https://vimeo.com/185460815

katwoman
4th October 2016, 09:59 PM
https://vimeo.com/185461180