PDA

View Full Version : Rear draws

Tonks
18th May 2016, 09:56 AM
G'day all, has anyone purchased the Titan rear draws from the 4wd Supacentre, i see that they are really cheap atm,
Are they any good,
Cheers Tonks.

Sir Roofy
18th May 2016, 11:07 AM
There a bit heavy @80kgs but a good system easy to fit why pay more
for the same thing else where

Hodge
18th May 2016, 11:44 AM
Mudski has them they are rally good in contrast to all the other rubbish they sell. Mine are arriving in a few weeks.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Bacho86
18th May 2016, 12:30 PM
Mudski has them they are rally good in contrast to all the other rubbish they sell. Mine are arriving in a few weeks.

Hodge what are you going to do for the fridge slide? That's the only part I thought looked below average on them... Think Mudski had a drop down or seperate slide from memory?

Hodge
18th May 2016, 12:34 PM
Hodge what are you going to do for the fridge slide? That's the only part I thought looked below average on them... Think Mudski had a drop down or seperate slide from memory?
I actually rang Mark to ask him that exact question . I was wondering how solid that top board / fridge slide is. And he was very happy with his with his fridge on. Very sturdy apparently.
Otherwise I was going to transfer my arb slide from my current setup on top of the draws if the slide out board wasn't up to the task.

Bacho86
18th May 2016, 01:43 PM
I actually rang Mark to ask him that exact question . I was wondering how solid that top board / fridge slide is. And he was very happy with his with his fridge on. Very sturdy apparently.
Otherwise I was going to transfer my arb slide from my current setup on top of the draws if the slide out board wasn't up to the task.

That's good then, must've had him mixed up with someone else.

If you're happy with the fridge slide on the draws and want to get rid of your ARB fridge slide let me know, I'd be keen to buy if off you

Hodge
18th May 2016, 03:59 PM
That's good then, must've had him mixed up with someone else.

If you're happy with the fridge slide on the draws and want to get rid of your ARB fridge slide let me know, I'd be keen to buy if off you
I'll be off loading my whole rear compartment and / or the arb fridge slide in a few weeks so I'll let you know.
Supercentre keep postponing delivery dates so who knows when I'll get the draws.

Dan02
2nd June 2016, 11:52 AM
Hey Tonks
They are a great item -

Had a good look at em in the outlet on display installed in their green patrol, they feel strong as buggery and definately do the job. They are very heavily built and add about 80kg empty when installed not sure if that would be an issue for some.

cheers

shantillylais
29th July 2017, 10:43 PM
I have just installed a set, and yes they are heavy. By comparison, I have black widow ones in my Triton, and these are every bit as well made, with the exception perhaps of a few sharp edges. I have to say, that at about $1000 saving, its a small complaint :)
With regard the fridge slide, it has a front steel brace front and rear under the base board. I probably will strengthen the slide lock, its a bit light on.
My only concern is the way the side wings fit across the jack and wheel tool "port" is. Either I will somehow modify that access or have to relocate the jack etc.

GQtdauto
29th July 2017, 11:30 PM
I have just installed a set, and yes they are heavy. By comparison, I have black widow ones in my Triton, and these are every bit as well made, with the exception perhaps of a few sharp edges. I have to say, that at about $1000 saving, its a small complaint :)
With regard the fridge slide, it has a front steel brace front and rear under the base board. I probably will strengthen the slide lock, its a bit light on.
My only concern is the way the side wings fit across the jack and wheel tool "port" is. Either I will somehow modify that access or have to relocate the jack etc.

I hope you checked all the bearing bolts , before the install or you may find one or two falling off .
Slide latch looks cheap is cheap but is remarkably strong , mine has survived Wonnangatta, big red and most of the major tracks around the corner country and I'm still waiting for it to break .
As for the jack , in the GQ mine is still in its original spot but I've put wiring and switches on that side so put in a strip of Bunnings garden edging to hide the hole left when you take the jack cover off , I'm dreading the first time I need the jack but tested it out and I can get at it , might relocate it if it's a bugger to get out .

Hodge
30th July 2017, 07:57 AM
They are good value for money out of the box, bolt on, drive away. They feel good and seem like a good solid production line riveted together units. How long will they last, and how long will the draw bearings last? Time will tell.
The only thing I don't like, and do not use is the built in fridge slide.
Other than that, for what they are in $. Seriously, it is a no brainer...

shantillylais
30th July 2017, 09:46 AM
ah yes. I did check all the fasteners, I only had a couple of the cross brace screws that were a little loose, all the bearings were great. Good to hear about that latch, I am pretty impressed overall

shantillylais
30th July 2017, 09:49 AM
what dont you like about the fridge slide Hodge? I will be "cutting" holes in mine for the Engel feet, but apart from that, it looks pretty solid. Like I said earlier, they are built every bit as well as my Black Widow drawers that I have in another vehicle. cheers Lana

Hodge
30th July 2017, 11:45 AM
what dont you like about the fridge slide Hodge? I will be "cutting" holes in mine for the Engel feet, but apart from that, it looks pretty solid. Like I said earlier, they are built every bit as well as my Black Widow drawers that I have in another vehicle. cheers Lana

Hey Lana.
First and not really a "bad" thing but still annoying me is. The slide is super tight in mine as well as another mates that i've noticed. I have to brace my foot against the car and then yank it out to be able to slide it out.
Not really a big deal, but would be nice if it was a nice gliding action. Once again, I don't expect too much for what they're worth. They really are a great set per-dollar.

The second thing I HATE about the fridge slide is if you have things sitting on the right hand side for example. On top of the draws. You pull the fridge slide out, and everything falls into the draw/gap/hole that the slide leaves behind.... Annoying.

For me it was a no brainer. I bolted my ARB fridge slide onto the "existing" fridge slide. Issue fixed.

Hodge
30th July 2017, 04:13 PM
And I forgot to add... With my ARB slide on top, I get to have a double slide-out! Fridge comes out further. Not that I'd use it often and/or trust the Titan slide to hold the weight all the way out.
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=72664&stc=1

shantillylais
30th July 2017, 08:30 PM
Hodge that is a good point about the hole and things falling into it. I agree about how tight they are too, but I thought that was because it is new. Might need a barrier mod to stop those things falling in the hole when touring. This is the first time I have had a side by side drawer system, and had not even considered that. Primarily my installation is for day to day storage so I dont have to take important stuff out of the car for the next daily interest, ie golf, fishing. cheers Lana

GQtdauto
30th July 2017, 08:56 PM
The slide on mine is about right but I like Hodges setup with the ARB slide which I was wondering what to do with it .
There is no real spare room at the back of the fridge because of the cargo barrier and I've put an extra fan behind the fridge , above it on the cargo barrier is a 3000 watt inverter , because I run two agm spare battery's the third one lives on the left side of the fridge but I've put a spacer under it so it doesn't interfere with the slide .
Most of the electrics are on this side also which only leaves enough room for a tote bag , Next to the fridge also packed up is a sliding utility box and behind that against the cargo barrier is a double thumper air compressor which is fixed .
Above the Plano box is a shelf for awning mesh tent and a mesh floor for it .
Right side of cargo area is used for chairs and compressor hose and fittings .
Draw under fridge slide is divided into three by the use of plastic storage draws , the two front ones accessible but the back one is used for extra or emergency food .

bushnbash
31st July 2017, 08:38 AM
I Installed my Titan on the week end. For the price (think I paid $350) couldn't be happier. Had to trim up some of the fluff on the wings as was very tight. I also made up some spacers to put under the fixing points to the floor of the gu so that there was a solid connection. I am going to modify it a bit more as well as when my DCM rear dinner door arrives, i am probably going to have to cut a bit off the top panel on the right hand side and shorten the wing a bit to be able to close the rear barn door. I am also going strengthen up the cross bars that the right side lid is on as I am installing a clearview es 220 on top of that side.

MB
31st July 2017, 09:47 PM
FWIW, paid a bit more than blokes above back then for earlier Titan drawer deals to our budget needed. They've unexpectedly held up extremely well. 80L Waeco F/F just fits on the drivers side with its Waeco slimline slide and we use the Titan slide as a bench/table. http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/07/337.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/07/338.jpg. Careful of positioning bigger fridges in our trucks, their handles can miss windows by only cm's so may I please suggest temporary wood/tek type screw tests first before final bolt down:-) http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/07/339.jpg Overall weight of these drawers is an issue at 80kg+ I believe so touring with them and a family of four will be a no go for us unfortunately!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GQtdauto
31st July 2017, 10:10 PM
Can't remember if I put the ARB 60 litre fridge in for a test after putting the drawers in or not , getting rid of all the rear seats helped me to counter the weight .
That fridge in your pic has the same cheap arse connection that came with the ARB fridge and the evakool , the ARB one was getting that hot at the plug it shite itself in Broome , bought the heavier engel knock off that ARB fridges have now .
The Evakool I have converted to Anderson plug and wish I had of done the same to the ARB .

shantillylais
11th August 2017, 09:26 PM
I found the reason my fridge slide is tight, and I bet others are the same. On the right side of the fridge slide, next to the fixed top, there is a "look good" trim, that runs the full length. I stripped it off after finding I couldn't get the blade of a very thin plasterer's spatula down between the slide and the fixed top. It turned out to be that piece of trim. Bingo.... the fridge slide now is as smooth and free as my Black Widow drawers in our Triton ute.

MB
26th August 2017, 06:44 PM
No doubt as usual the wrong thread to post but found a great use for the LED light strip that came free with the Titan drawers years ago:
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/08/274.jpg Fits the GU bonnet holes amazingly perfect for a great work light :-) http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/08/275.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/08/276.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/08/277.jpg Little bag came with a ciggy plug to aligator type battery nearest adaptor too. http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/08/278.jpg How long it will last who knows but has a thumb touch dimmer switch thingo too :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GQtdauto
26th August 2017, 06:48 PM
Have the same light and yes would be good for that .

Bidja
1st October 2017, 11:54 PM
Same light here too, great to hang vertically off the awning to help one find their way back to camp when returning from a night fish. Just repaired mine as the +ve wire broke away from led conductor strip-just removed the plastic boot weather protector & scrapped away the varnish off the led copper conductor strips, resoldered wire (polarity stencilled on strips) and it goes again.