PDA

View Full Version : 'ave a look - cast ya vote

Cuppa
1st May 2016, 08:34 PM
Your vote(s) required - you only have until 7pm Tuesday 3rd May ............don't put it off & then forget!

Go here (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?37020-April-16-Photo-Competition-Rocks)

Cuppa
3rd May 2016, 08:43 AM
Still time to get your votes in if you haven't yet done so

Voting closes tonight @ 7pm Vic Time.

Plasnart
3rd May 2016, 11:41 AM
Just a thought I'll put out here. Is it possible to hide the number of Thanks a post has received? Reason I ask is that sometimes I'm influenced to add my vote to a pic that has lots of Thanks (subliminal influence??). Therefore those with lots of thanks may be getting more and more votes simply by the number of previous Thanks rather than solely on the photo's merit. I'm no psychologist but I think there's something in this.

If the Thanks wasn't shown on the board we'd get a true response based solely on the pic submitted.

I'm not an entrant in this current comp so not having a whinge, just putting a thought out there. I could be completely wrong though and maybe I'm just easily led!!

Winnie
3rd May 2016, 12:35 PM
I get what you are saying Plassy, I agree too that there is a bit of influence.

Clunk
3rd May 2016, 12:40 PM
Just a thought I'll put out here. Is it possible to hide the number of Thanks a post has received? Reason I ask is that sometimes I'm influenced to add my vote to a pic that has lots of Thanks (subliminal influence??). Therefore those with lots of thanks may be getting more and more votes simply by the number of previous Thanks rather than solely on the photo's merit. I'm no psychologist but I think there's something in this.

If the Thanks wasn't shown on the board we'd get a true response based solely on the pic submitted.

I'm not an entrant in this current comp so not having a whinge, just putting a thought out there. I could be completely wrong though and maybe I'm just easily led!!
Bloody sheep lol

I get what you are saying Plassy, I agree too that there is a bit of influence.

Cuppa
3rd May 2016, 07:43 PM
Hi Plassy,
I'm inclined to agree with your view, but I don't think there is any way to hide the thanks. As it is, over the time the comp has been running I have developed a trust that the forum community do a pretty good job of choosing on the whole.

Plasnart
3rd May 2016, 07:55 PM
Hi Plassy,
I'm inclined to agree with your view, but I don't think there is any way to hide the thanks. As it is, over the time the comp has been running I have developed a trust that the forum community do a pretty good job of choosing on the whole.

Yeah mate i thought it was probably technically impossible considering the software is what it is. Keep up the great work, its an excellent comp.

Clunk
3rd May 2016, 08:28 PM
Hi Plassy,
Leave it with @AB, should only take a few years to work something out

Yeah mate i thought it was probably technically impossible considering the software is what it is. Keep up the great work, its an excellent comp.