PDA

View Full Version : ODOMETER not working

HippoNZ
14th April 2011, 02:48 PM
Hi guys

Odometer has packed a sad and doesnt work anymore, speedo works fine.
Could someone please tell me where to start looking and what to do?
92 GQ Y60 TD42

Hasn't worked for a bit now and have a warrant of fitness comming up so need her fixed lol

Thanks fellas
Brett

timbar
14th April 2011, 04:38 PM
with mine if you keep hitting the trip meter while your driving it starts to work again if the tripmeter isnt working or stops the odometer doesnt work either

HippoNZ
14th April 2011, 05:03 PM
with mine if you keep hitting the trip meter while your driving it starts to work again if the tripmeter isnt working or stops the odometer doesnt work either
Don't worry timbar, I've bashed the Sh!t out of my trip meter! haha she just doesn't budge

Bob
14th April 2011, 05:05 PM
Don't worry timbar, I've bashed the Sh!t out of my trip meter! haha she just doesn't budge

Try a wreckers yard

HippoNZ
14th April 2011, 05:08 PM
Try a wreckers yard
So just the odometer and trip meter parts on the dash needs replacing?

Bob
14th April 2011, 05:16 PM
So just the odometer and trip meter parts on the dash needs replacing?

I would assume that if your Speedometer is working then it is the odometer unit in the dash that needs replacing

HippoNZ
14th April 2011, 05:19 PM
cheers Bob

YNOT
14th April 2011, 07:22 PM
I would assume that if your Speedometer is working then it is the odometer unit in the dash that needs replacing

I agree with Bob, the fault is in the instrument cluster. If you can get the parts you could replace the speedo/odometer seperately. Another option is to try getting the cluster repaired. Do a google search for "instrument repairers" in your area. Otherwise you will need to source a new/second hand instrument cluster.

Tony

HippoNZ
14th April 2011, 07:54 PM
I agree with Bob, the fault is in the instrument cluster. If you can get the parts you could replace the speedo/odometer seperately. Another option is to try getting the cluster repaired. Do a google search for "instrument repairers" in your area. Otherwise you will need to source a new/second hand instrument cluster.

Tony

Cheers Tony
Could I replace it with any other Nissan patrol odo or are they specific to the model. I have an old 86-87 patrol that's my old mans, was wondering if I could flog it out of there?

Brett

YNOT
14th April 2011, 07:58 PM
I think you will find it will need to be out of a GQ.

Tony

growler2058
14th April 2011, 08:01 PM
Cheers Tony
Could I replace it with any other Nissan patrol odo or are they specific to the model. I have an old 86-87 patrol that's my old mans, was wondering if I could flog it out of there?

Brett

Would there be a difference between petrol and diesel inst cluster ie wouldnt the tacho redline etc be calibrated differently

HippoNZ
14th April 2011, 08:05 PM
Would there be a difference between petrol and diesel inst cluster ie wouldnt the tacho redline etc be calibrated differently
ahhhh pass lol, If im half following I'd say so. I really don't know the whole setup of the odometer. Maybe I should do some reading lmao

growler2058
14th April 2011, 08:22 PM
ahhhh pass lol, If im half following I'd say so. I really don't know the whole setup of the odometer. Maybe I should do some reading lmao

cool and let me know what u find out hahahaha cheers mines up the sh1t to