PDA

View Full Version : trailer wiring loom location

katdarin
14th April 2011, 11:40 AM
Hi all,

We have just traded our 06 GU on a new patrol and kept our existing towbar from the trade. I was just wondering if anyone could help us as to wether there is a plug n play wiring loom and its location?

Many thanks in advance

the evil twin
14th April 2011, 11:47 AM
I don't think anything has changed from then to now so there is (or should be) an interconnect block to piggy back from the wiring loom on the LH side. Mine disappears behind the long range tank so not sure of the specific location or where they pick up the RH indicator.

You could also ask the dealer if needs be OR if you haven't already picked up the truck get to wack the bar on for you as a bit of customer relations

katdarin
14th April 2011, 12:14 PM
Thanls for that. Will have a better look. We collected the new vehicle a couple of months ago but are only just now getting around to fitting the towbar. I did contact the dealer but they were of no help at all. In fact quite smart on the phone informing me that i would just have to look for it or bring it in for them to do. Definately choosing a different dealer for servicing, even if this means driving to the other side if brisbane.

the evil twin
14th April 2011, 12:27 PM
Hmmm... great way to start your "relationship" with a new customer eh... Get the same thing here in Perth tho.

YNOT
14th April 2011, 06:37 PM
Welcome to the forum Katdarin, what part of Brisbane are you from?

When you get a minute drop by the introductions page and tell us a bit about yourself and your Patrol.

Tony