PDA

View Full Version : Big red bash

jcwbute
6th April 2016, 09:01 AM
Hi guys and girls I have done a search but haven't come up with much and wanted too know if anybody on here is going to the Big Red Bash in June this year and any tips would be appreciated
Jamie

Get out and get it dirty

Touses
6th April 2016, 10:43 AM
Can't help you with info bloke. Sorry. That one is definitely on my bucket list tho.

threedogs
6th April 2016, 05:09 PM
Hi guys and girls I have done a search but haven't come up with much and wanted too know if anybody on here is going to the Big Red Bash in June this year and any tips would be appreciated
Jamie

Get out and get it dirty

Is that the one 4wd action organise???

mudski
6th April 2016, 05:21 PM
We (me and the family) were going to go. Its been over 20 years since I've been out that way. But then we saw the price of the tickets we canned it. I know there would be shiploads of people there. But the atmosphere of it all would be awesome. Maybe when cash is not an issue we will do it another time.

threedogs
6th April 2016, 05:26 PM
What were the ticket prices and what did you get for your money

jcwbute
6th April 2016, 06:06 PM
I don't think it had anything to do with 4wd action three dogs.
Tickets were around $750 for 2 adults 2teens and 2 under five year olds which I thought was pretty good value three nights camping at big red included and the line up of artists we will see should be great and I can tick off the Simpson from the bucket list
I think there is around 6000 tickets and are nearly sold out according to their website.

Get out and get it dirty

jcwbute
6th April 2016, 06:07 PM
And the best thing is I had to buy a patrol to get us all there as a second vehicle

Get out and get it dirty

Bloodyaussie
6th April 2016, 06:13 PM
Found out yesterday i will probably have free tickets for this for the whole family... who'd have thought working in the caravan industry would see these kinds of perks

jcwbute
6th April 2016, 06:26 PM
That's a top perk mate are you going to go?

Get out and get it dirty

Bloodyaussie
6th April 2016, 06:29 PM
That's a top perk mate are you going to go?

Get out and get it dirty

Not sure yet have plenty on including plans for a big hunting trip... see how the stars line up.

threedogs
6th April 2016, 06:40 PM
This was once the hottest ticket in town [melb]

Bloodyaussie
6th April 2016, 06:42 PM
I worked this once as a roady.... so many stories to tell... most R rated

threedogs
6th April 2016, 06:46 PM
I worked this once as a roady.... so many stories to tell... most R rated

XXXX rated I was riding with the Vigilantes at the time
Was A friend of Ball Bearing the Angels Prez yeah r rated
thats for sure ,next time we meet eh

Bloodyaussie
6th April 2016, 07:59 PM
Watching Nick Barker singing "Time bomb" with the crowd like a sea bopping away while the roadies behind me were doing wopping big lines of speed and the hugest joint was being passed around the front of house tower... meanwhile a scrubber was giving gobbers away down at the dam for $5...

So much more but most of it was a blur. .lol

Roosim
6th April 2016, 08:02 PM
I'm going! Have free tickets as I volunteered to help with the setup of the event. Just have to work about 14 hours over the show.
I hear they are still looking for people to clean the facilities Kenny style...

mudski
6th April 2016, 08:26 PM
Found out yesterday i will probably have free tickets for this for the whole family... who'd have thought working in the caravan industry would see these kinds of perks
Hmm got any spare tix? Mate. Pal. Buddy. Lol

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

mudski
6th April 2016, 08:46 PM
I'm going! Have free tickets as I volunteered to help with the setup of the event. Just have to work about 14 hours over the show.
I hear they are still looking for people to clean the facilities Kenny style...
Yeah i could go kenny style for that.... lol

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

threedogs
7th April 2016, 09:16 AM
Watching Nick Barker singing "Time bomb" with the crowd like a sea bopping away while the roadies behind me were doing wopping big lines of speed and the hugest joint was being passed around the front of house tower... meanwhile a scrubber was giving gobbers away down at the dam for $5...

So much more but most of it was a blur. .lol

Ha ha what year was that , that "gobber" was thrown from club tent to club tent
then taken down the dam for a rinse then thrown into another bike groups tent.
Doesn't get better than John Swan from Swanee [ Barnies Bro] and Wendy
Stapleton singing Knock knock knocking on heavens door flat stick at 8am
Was handy knowing most of the Angels too

The funny bit was the all girl country group singing with their folks about 20 meters back on viewing platflorm
video taping them when the front row of drunken hard core bikers whipped their members out.
The look on the girls faces was priceless , there folks had no idea.
Plenty more stories,,, I went 82 and 83 after that it started turning into a bit of a Woodstock [Yuppies}and not Bike oriented
Stropp went in the early days too
The pic is where we all met at the Gum trees outside the Ford factory, probably more than 400 bikes rode up in two lanes to broadford
great experience, other pic is early morning sound check
sorry for quality all my pics are fading like in Dorian Grey ha ha