PDA

View Full Version : Looking for an isolated spot for easter

duane1234
13th April 2011, 03:42 PM
Does anyone know a good spot to go with few campers over easter with some moderate difficulty tracks?

Bob
13th April 2011, 03:45 PM
You will need to let us know where you hail from before anyone can answer that

duane1234
13th April 2011, 04:13 PM
ah yes might help lol sorry, Im from Mornington in Victoria

Bob
13th April 2011, 04:19 PM
Easter will be very busy but I can suggest a Place called Wrens Flat which is off the Jamieson - Licola Road. You can Camp on the Jamieson River at Wrens Flat and there are some good trips from there. One I would reconmend is to old Homestead at Mitchells. If you have a good Map it should show these Tracks. A visit to DSE will enable you to purchase the Appropriate Map. Good Luck

duane1234
13th April 2011, 08:03 PM
Thanks Mate, I was thinking of going to mansfield so i will probably check this place out

Sir Roofy
13th April 2011, 09:08 PM
Does anyone know a good spot to go with few campers over easter with some moderate difficulty tracks?

my advice to you duane is stay home and go after easter BOBs wright tho there are some good places around there,go slow watch out for bikes
have a safe trip

BillsGU
13th April 2011, 11:26 PM
Duane - it would be easier going to Disney Land. And less crowded. The way they are closing camp sites along the Murray and such really puts pressure on the places that are left. Good luck.