PDA

View Full Version : Coffs Harbour family fun Accommodation

Chubba
17th March 2016, 10:32 AM
Looking at heading up to Coffs Harbour area in the next year or so and need to find some accommodation
that would appeal to the kids and wife. You see they don't have the same affliction as I do in being able to do nothing but 4wd tracks for weeks on end. So I need somewhere I can maybe park them up for the odd day or two while I go off. Would anyone know of kid friendly type accommadation up that way??

Oldmate1
17th March 2016, 02:00 PM
Ask rli/ Pmc
Hahaha

Oldmate1
17th March 2016, 02:02 PM
Red rock caravan park is a good spot. good snorkelling fishing great beach for young ones

Throbbinhood
17th March 2016, 02:34 PM
Red rock caravan park is a good spot. good snorkelling fishing great beach for young ones

Just watch the tides. Pretty sure it has a nasty current as the tide go's out if memory serves me correctly.

Oldmate1
17th March 2016, 02:40 PM
yeh it does but the beach at the end of the road in the caravan park is quite calm only ankle high waves

morton2478
17th March 2016, 09:12 PM
Pebbly beach and minni waters are both great spots both are a bit north of coffs we head down there quite a bit with our tribe ranging from 3 , 8 , 14 and 16 all girls to by the way nice beaches great swimming fishing snorkeling and 4wd tracks right next door all depends what you're kids like doing to i supose

Throbbinhood
18th March 2016, 10:16 AM
Mmm, camped at mini waters 10 years ago, beautiful spot. Almost drowned my old lux crossing salt water at pebbly beach too, beautiful part of the world.

trekster
18th March 2016, 08:01 PM
PM me if you want to talk about the area.

Cheers.

Chubba
19th March 2016, 04:59 PM
Thanks all. All valuable information.

Chubba
21st March 2016, 05:25 AM
Some info from Trekster.

Hey Dave,

Well Coffs will look after the boys no problem at all with the numerous tracks, It's gonna be hard pleasing both kids and wives at the same time unfortunately as there is a great place up near corindi 1/2hr north of Coffs that has kangaroo feeding and right on the beach which the kids would love but not alot of shopping for the wives.

In town there's plenty of accommodation within the two major shopping areas being Park beach plaza and the palm centre in the heart of Coffs, Caravan parks, motels and more upmarket accommodation as well.

In town there's the pet porpoise pool where the kids can check out the dolphins, in bonville just south of Coffs is the Butterfly house also.

I guess it will come down to how much driving the other half's want to do in regards to the kids happiness and shopping as well haha