PDA

View Full Version : Attachments

Cuppa
4th March 2016, 05:05 PM
Is there a way to attach an image to a post without having a smaller thumbnail duplicate of the image at the bottom of the post?

NissanGQ4.2
4th March 2016, 05:14 PM
65192 65193

Like this Cuppa?

Are you using a browser or phone app?

Cuppa
4th March 2016, 05:22 PM
Yep, just like that. Browser on laptop

NissanGQ4.2
4th March 2016, 05:46 PM
Select

"Reply to thread"
"Go Advanced"

Select the "paper clip icon" then "Add files" then "Browse"
Search for where your files are located on the HDD.........hold down the CTRL or SHIFT key to select multiply images then select "Open" then Select "Upload" then select "Done" when they finish uploading

Then next to the paper clip there is a down arrow, select it and it should come up with a file name and just click on it.

Hope I got that right!

Cuppa
4th March 2016, 07:08 PM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=65197&stc=1
Thanks, Im guessing it must be a bit different on a Mac? I get the dialog box shown, but 'select files' does nothing, so I have to use 'Basic uploader' which results in a thumbnail duplicate, same as if I try to use 'File upload manager' via 'Manage attachments'. Same in both browsers I use (Safari & Firefox). Also even small pics get shown much larger in the final post like in this one. Generally I use a web hosting service (Fickr) which allows me to size pics, but if I just want to do a quick upload I always get a result like this post.

Cuppa
4th March 2016, 07:15 PM

Previous post was using "insert pic' , this one using 'Attachments' (Paper clip) - same result.

Edit: I just edited your post cuppa 2 how it should be *L*

NissanGQ4.2
4th March 2016, 07:54 PM
Its either a Mac thing or your doing something wrong Cuppa, I can do it both ways without it displaying a thumbnail.

Do you want me to PM you my mobile number so you can give me a call and I'll run you through it.

I just edited your posts and it is wrong for what it should look like when inserting an image

Clunk
4th March 2016, 07:57 PM
nah that also happens with me using windows but then again I rarely upload photos and what not from a puter

NissanGQ4.2
4th March 2016, 08:01 PM
Cuppa are you using from computer or from url? If from url are you selecting the "Retrieve remote file and reference locally"

Edit, I'm guessing its not URL as I just tried it and just linked the file and never showed anything

Cuppa
4th March 2016, 09:02 PM
From computer. I don't think I'm doing anything wrong. (First two screenshots posted via Flickr for clarity)

1. Click Insert Image/ Add files (Browse computer & select pic)

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/03/79.jpg

2.Click upload & uploaded file appears in the lower attachments box

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/03/80.jpg

3. If I then click 'Insert inline' the post has the full size image and the thumbnail. If I click 'Done' only the thumbnail gets posted like this.

NissanGQ4.2
5th March 2016, 07:47 AM
From computer. I don't think I'm doing anything wrong. (First two screenshots posted via Flickr for clarity)

1. Click Insert Image/ Add files (Browse computer & select pic)

2.Click upload & uploaded file appears in the lower attachments box

3. If I then click 'Insert inline' the post has the full size image and the thumbnail. If I click 'Done' only the thumbnail gets posted like this.

Sounds correct so far Cuppa but what do you do after step 3 after the "Upload Manager" disappears and you are back at your post???

Cuppa
5th March 2016, 08:27 AM
Sounds correct so far Cuppa but what do you do after step 3 after the "Upload Manager" disappears and you are back at your post???

Ummmm, I hit ‘submit reply' & post it. Is there anything else I could do?

NissanGQ4.2
5th March 2016, 08:56 AM
Ummmm, I hit ‘submit reply' & post it. Is there anything else I could do?

Yes and that's exactly why it is only showing in a thumbnail

After the box closes and your back at the post go back to the paper clip and beside it is a down arrow, select it and it should come up with a file name and just click on it. If it brings up the upload manager with your pics in it again you missed the drop down arrow, its a pain its so close together.

See how you go with that

Cuppa
5th March 2016, 10:09 AM
Maybe I need a brain transplant?
Whatever I do I cannot post without the 'Attached thumbnails' smaller pic showing at the bottom of the post.
I tried 1. click 'Insert Inline' -> Done. (Upload manager box closes & pic shows up in composition box) -> click arrow next to paper clip -> click file name. Result is that each time I click the file name it adds another full size copy of the pic to the post, and still with the smaller 'Attached thumbnails' copy of the pic below it/them (only a single thumbnail even when multiple copies of the full size pic has been added.

2. Only click 'Done' (ie. not Insert Inline). No pic shows in composition box -> click arrow next to paper clip -> click file name. Only the 'Attached Thumbnails' copy of the pic is added to post.

This post was completed using 1. above (but deleted the second large copy of the pic which clicking on the file name created). Using 2. results only in the lower of these two images in the post .

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=65235&stc=1

Winnie
5th March 2016, 10:40 AM
You have such a great setup there Cuppa, sorry I can't help with your computer issues though! ha ha

Maxhead
5th March 2016, 12:23 PM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=65243&stc=1I can't do it either if that makes you feel better Cuppa...LOL

Cuppa
5th March 2016, 12:31 PM
Are you on a Mac or a PC Kris?

NissanGQ4.2
5th March 2016, 01:03 PM
Hey Cuppa, could do a screen shot of what the message box says after you upload the photo and select the down arrow next to the paper clip and it insert the text into you post

Cuppa
5th March 2016, 01:27 PM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=65250&stc=1

Maxhead
5th March 2016, 01:36 PM
Are you on a Mac or a PC Kris?

Chrome on Windows 10

….................... On the move

NissanGQ4.2
6th March 2016, 12:40 PM
Cuppa, in the grey tool bar can you select "Forum Actions" then "General Settings" Scroll down the page until you see "Miscellaneous Options"

Then select "Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls" if its not already selected then scroll to bottom of page and select "Save Changes"

Then try inserting an image again as per post # 4

Cuppa
6th March 2016, 01:04 PM

I believe you've cracked it Todd. :) I had the 'Enhanced Interface' selected, but changing as you suggested seems to have worked. Thank you for persevering. Presumably a bug with the WYSIWYG interface? Am happy to live with the standard BB code interface though, it's what I'm familiar with elsewhere.

NissanGQ4.2
6th March 2016, 01:14 PM
I believe you've cracked it Todd. :) I had the 'Enhanced Interface' selected, but changing as you suggested seems to have worked. Thank you for persevering. Presumably a bug with the WYSIWYG interface? Am happy to live with the standard BB code interface though, it's what I'm familiar with elsewhere.

No worries Cuppa, it was bugging the hell out of me as 2 why it was different and narrowed it down 2 the settings for the interface, was hoping yours was in the Enhanced Interface :) I prefer the smaller image displayed so suits me better anyway

Cuppa
6th March 2016, 01:34 PM
I'm wondering how many others have the same issue. Perhaps a post about the 'Interfaces' settings might rid the forum of a lot of superfluous 'Thumbnail attachments' in the future?

NissanGQ4.2
6th March 2016, 02:16 PM
I'm wondering how many others have the same issue. Perhaps a post about the 'Interfaces' settings might rid the forum of a lot of superfluous 'Thumbnail attachments' in the future?

Might be an idea, but think a lot of people on here still like 2 view the images large scale without the need 2 click on the image 2 enlarge

Cuppa
6th March 2016, 02:36 PM
Fairy muff (to misquote a well known chilli eating identity). :)

mudski
25th April 2016, 09:00 PM
wOOt! This issue has being annoying the hell out of me and and now I finally can fix it. Yay!