PDA

View Full Version : Robe

cooper_hask
29th February 2016, 10:56 PM
hi guys, does anyone know of some good 4x4ing around robe, im going up there this easter weekend?
cheers

MudRunnerTD
29th February 2016, 11:08 PM
Heaps mate!! the Beach is MINT! Air down. do a google search and you can download the beach maps maybe from Parks SA site?

cooper_hask
29th February 2016, 11:21 PM
cheers mate

MudRunnerTD
1st March 2016, 12:34 AM
Here you go mate, everything you need is there

http://www.4wdsa.asn.au/?page=tracksse

Note that beach driving is a different kettle of fish. air down before you get on the beach and start at 18psi. i go on at 15psi. There is some great driving there. love the place.

cooper_hask
1st March 2016, 09:26 AM
cheers sounds good

threedogs
1st March 2016, 09:32 AM
I set of traxs and a sand flag will be required.
If you need to borrow a sand flag yell out, if you
need a flag bracket
what side of town you on?

cooper_hask
1st March 2016, 12:43 PM
yeah i have a pair of cheap tracks off ebay but i will buy a set of maxtrax and i will get my own sand flag and bracket because i will need it again one day

cooper_hask
1st March 2016, 06:26 PM
also do you guys thing it is safe if we go just in one car? a few friends of ours reckon it will be really busy this time of the year

sooty_10
1st March 2016, 07:21 PM
I've only ever gone solo. Although another car gives better confidence. I avoided the really soft sand (plenty of it) and just don't out do your own skills or that of your recover gear. You could be stuck for hours if no one comes by.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

BigRAWesty
1st March 2016, 07:33 PM
Mate. ..
Sand central..
If ya want a driving buddy yell out. Happy to lead you from robe to beachport for a day trip..
The wife has to work so we'll be around for it..
But easter will be busy.. so if ya wanna go solo you'll probably be fine.. just have your own gear..

cooper_hask
1st March 2016, 08:33 PM
cheers i will let you know when we are going when i work it out so you can see if you want to come along

cooper_hask
3rd March 2016, 09:09 PM
looks like i wont be going anymore too many commitments with work shame
thanks for the help anyway guys ill be sure to make it there one day