PDA

View Full Version : Passenger Door on Ute stuck?

Muzza
11th July 2010, 11:22 AM
Hi all, 2000 gu 4.2 turbo ute passenger door is stuck.

It only happened on Friday after my neighbour slammed it hard and I can open it.

There's nothing stuck in it (like seatbelt etc)

its obviously unlocked and both inside and outside handles just do nothing.

I'm thinking of pulling the trim off to get into the latch but the door being shut may be a problem.

Has this happened to anyone, or anyone got any ideas?

patch697
11th July 2010, 12:46 PM
Yep & it was all in the door lock button. I had to take the trim off which can be a bitch with the door shut but not impossible & muck around with the button part of the setup inside the door & got it open. Once it was open gave everything got a good squirt & know more probs.

Some how the part inside the door latch setup itself had jammed in the lock position & disabled both handles but with some mucking around I got it all working again.

Hope this helps

Cheers
Paul

p.s this also happened by a door slam

DX grunt
11th July 2010, 04:26 PM
If it's the lock, how about using a coat hanger down the side of the glass - watching out you don't scratch your tint?

Muzza
11th July 2010, 06:34 PM
If it's the lock, how about using a coat hanger down the side of the glass - watching out you don't scratch your tint?

Great replies, thanks for your help.

Ill give yours a shot first as this is the easiest. hehe

Thanks Patch, If DXGrunt's idea doesnt work or i cant reach then ill have to pull the trim off.

DX grunt
11th July 2010, 07:02 PM
Great replies, thanks for your help.

Ill give yours a shot first as this is the easiest. hehe

Thanks Patch, If DXGrunt's idea doesnt work or i cant reach then ill have to pull the trim off.

Which ever one you choose, be careful of your eyes. Wear protection.

Muzza
11th July 2010, 07:06 PM
Which ever one you choose, be careful of your eyes. Wear protection.

Yes, I'm mr safety now.

About a year ago my cousin was grinding a frame for the shed door and some metal flicked in his eye and came very close to loosing it.

Thanks for looking out but after i saw that happened I'm all over wearing goggles, gloves, etc.

Cheers mate.

patch697
11th July 2010, 11:52 PM
Yes, I'm mr safety now.

About a year ago my cousin was grinding a frame for the shed door and some metal flicked in his eye and came very close to loosing it.

Thanks for looking out but after i saw that happened I'm all over wearing goggles, gloves, etc.

Cheers mate.

Smart Man.... Take it from someone with only one eye. Its not something you would live with by choice.

Cheers
Paul

Muzza
12th July 2010, 09:29 PM
The old coat hanger trick worked guys, thanks Rossco!

took about a hundred tries and had to be carefull not to scratch it but i got in.

It was jarred a bit and tight, so sprayed the crap out of it like Patch mentioned and is working good now.

Cheers guys.

DX grunt
12th July 2010, 11:40 PM

took about a hundred tries and had to be carefull not to scratch it but i got in.

It was jarred a bit and tight, so sprayed the crap out of it like Patch mentioned and is working good now.

Cheers guys.

No worries my friend. Sometimes the simplest things work. LOL

patch697
13th July 2010, 09:55 AM

Cheers guys.

Glad you got it sorted mate.

Cheers
Paul

Patrolling
15th July 2010, 09:05 PM
The same thing happened to my door last year and i couldnt get the wire down and had to pull the trim off with the door shut.

That was a pain in the ass i tell you. Took me all day to get it out and trying not damage the trim was impossible.

Very lucky muzza but well done.

patch697
16th July 2010, 08:12 PM
The same thing happened to my door last year and i couldnt get the wire down and had to pull the trim off with the door shut.

That was a pain in the ass i tell you. Took me all day to get it out and trying not damage the trim was impossible.

Very lucky muzza but well done.

The one I did I took the seat out vie the back...Extra work but worth it at the end.

Cheers
Paul