PDA

View Full Version : Murray Bridge Camping

RedRoadRunner
21st January 2016, 08:59 PM
G'day gents (and ladies)

Any advice on camping spots along the river near or nearabouts to Murray Bridge?

I'm in the area for Australia day and want to spend a night or two under the stars.

some light 4x4 tracks would be a bonus, but I'm happy enough on the water too :P

threedogs
22nd January 2016, 03:48 PM
Bumped;;;; cant believe no one has been here lol

Softy
22nd January 2016, 04:02 PM
I spent a couple of days camping at kroehns landing a couple of years ago... (Near Nildottie) couple of good camp ground to the left of the main shack area. Lots of ski boats burning along the river there if noise bothers you. Didn't bother me because you can't beat the sound of a screaming V8!

4bye4
22nd January 2016, 04:33 PM
Bumped;;;; cant believe no one has been here lol

Been there but on the Proud Mary from Murray Bridge to just beyond Mannum. Can't recall seeing much camping activity near the river. Plenty of holiday mansions and house boats.

BigRAWesty
22nd January 2016, 05:35 PM
Geeze even wikicamps isn't showing much...
Free camping at langhorn creek
Or you can hit the beach at salt creek..

Chubba
23rd January 2016, 08:32 AM
Just head to the river and look about. Won't be long before you stumble across an excellent spot. You might find the odd dirt track but nothing more than that. At Morgan a bit further up there's a conservation park across the river on the ferry and keep left. Excellent camp sites and a few little bits to explore.

Potsy
28th January 2016, 12:30 AM
I know I'm probably a little late to respond to this but if anyone is looking for a nice camping spot along the river and doesn't mind driving a little further there are great spots around punyelroo (where I have a shack). Punyelroo is just out of swan reach on the way to nildottie. They have a great caravan park on the Adelaide side of the river.
On the other side out of swan reach on the way to nildottie is a dirt road which leads down to some nice camping areas just before big bend. There are more giant ski boats then ever down here nowadays but it would still be much quieter than Murray bridge or mannum in full swing :) and at these camp sites the river is quite wide.
Head either way from here and there are magnificent cliffs lining the river, plenty of nice callop come from these and I have heard whispers of something a little bigger too.....
We used to shoot down to big bend on the boat and camp at the beach There but I don't think you can get there by car.
Here is a screen shot of the area I'm talkin about and if anyone wants anymore info feel free to shoot me through a msg.

Potsy
28th January 2016, 12:33 AM
Of course there is a cloud over big bend itself but use your imagination....

Potsy
28th January 2016, 12:36 AM
Not a bad view from the shack, these are the types of cliffs that span a lot of this stretch of river.
Great for you budding photographers out there.