PDA

View Full Version : Good places for newbie.

michaelgreeny
20th January 2016, 12:16 PM
Hey guys,

Sorry if this is in the wrong part of the forum, was the best I could find.

I'm relatively new to 4wd'ing, except for the mandatory bits and pieces that's required on a farm e.g. slippery dry weather roads, softish sand (probably similar to driving to the murray mouth). Haven't done anything explicitly 4x4.

Just bought a '09 GU and looking to ease into it to see where my skills and abilities are actually at before heading somewhere stupidly out of my range.

Wondering what's around that you guys would recommend trying out.

I'm located about 30 minutes south of Clare and happy to drive a couple of

Thanks all.

BigRAWesty
20th January 2016, 05:20 PM
Some great tracks around the flinders..
Terowie (think that's the spelling) located south of the flinders..
Yorke peninsula has some great beaches down south..

growler2058
20th January 2016, 07:00 PM
Hey guys,

Sorry if this is in the wrong part of the forum, was the best I could find.

I'm relatively new to 4wd'ing, except for the mandatory bits and pieces that's required on a farm e.g. slippery dry weather roads, softish sand (probably similar to driving to the murray mouth). Haven't done anything explicitly 4x4.

Just bought a '09 GU and looking to ease into it to see where my skills and abilities are actually at before heading somewhere stupidly out of my range.

Wondering what's around that you guys would recommend trying out.

I'm located about 30 minutes south of Clare and happy to drive a couple of

Thanks all.

Loveday! From mild to wild. I'm headed down over Australia Day weekend. Its got everything to learn on then go harder if you want plus river camping sites. Don't need to take a friend, the mob there help out if you get stuck. But if your looking to get out this weekend, yell out if you can get down and we can go for a drive on the tour track. Ive got a site booked, but i have to warn you we're having a boys weekend and it probably wouldnt be a "family friendly" site hahahahahahhahaa. They have lotsa other sites though. PM me for contact details
PS: We are responsible alcoholics during daylight hours :driving2:

michaelgreeny
23rd January 2016, 01:34 PM
Thanks guys,

Cheers for the invite growler. Patrol is in the mechanics getting a once over this weekend but hope you guys had an awesome trip.