PDA

View Full Version : Converting GQ 7 Seater to an 8 Seater??

snappyjaws
10th April 2011, 02:26 PM
93 GQ LWB manual - 7 seater

Looking for some way to change the 2 seats in the front to 3.

Adding a 6th child to the mix later this year and refuse to get rid of my GQ.

Cannot replace the rear bench seat to seat 3 due to how narrow it is, so only other option is to rip the console out of the front and make it into a third seat.

Have seen it in an older GQ (not sure of the year), but can anyone point me in the right direction or put me in touch with someone who can?

Cheers

timbar
10th April 2011, 02:32 PM
the GQ came out with a 3 seater in the front it would just be a case of taking out the passenger seat and bolting in the 2seat new one all the holes should already be there and removing the centre console

NissanGQ4.2
10th April 2011, 02:33 PM
Sorry mate, I can't help.....but i love your dedication 2 keeping the GQ

red92gq
10th April 2011, 08:49 PM
Just get the 3/4 bench from a ute or wagon ,they bolt straight in once the consol is removed ,Seat belts etc fit up easily too,

Finly Owner
10th April 2011, 11:50 PM
Don't forget to get your seating Mod tag. As many insurance policies won't pay out if Mod done and no Mod tag to approve it.

Tim

MQ MAD
11th April 2011, 03:05 PM
Ute 3/4 front seat shouldnt be hard to get
Most with utes throw em out when converting to bucket seats

the evil twin
11th April 2011, 04:20 PM
Ute 3/4 front seat shouldnt be hard to get
Most with utes throw em out when converting to bucket seats

Egg Zackery...

If you post it up on here I would have thought you would get a straight swap for "Will swap GQ pax bucket seat and centre console for GQ front 3/4 seat and belts".

As prev mentioned get the change in seating capacity certified and Vehicle Plate annotated. Could be bad juju if you don't

shaunh
29th October 2011, 01:20 AM
as said ute 3/4 seat and congrats on the newcomer :)

BLKWDW
2nd July 2012, 04:17 PM
Sorry to dig up an old thread but need to know will the bench seat bolt into a dx model as i did buy a third row seat but now hav found out it wont bolt up in a dx but i need one seat for a soon to b newborn

nickverms
10th July 2012, 07:52 AM
would you sell the console that your taking out as mine doesnt have one and I would like it?
Can you post a pic if you still have it?