PDA

View Full Version : 2" Body lift knotch for the gearbox

weeman
14th January 2016, 12:35 PM
Hi guys,

Ive got a body lift in my gq, ive notched a section near the gearbox but doesnt seem enough.

Anyone got some suggestions? as sometimes its hard to put in reverse and pops out.

Rossco
14th January 2016, 01:14 PM
Hey mate, I've got a body lift in mine and don't have any problems with reverse. Usually it's just the 4wd that fowls when in low. This needs a trim which i have done, but haven't heard of reverse being an issue with anyone before?? . . . What year is your one. Maybe later ones have a bit of a different surround.

weeman
14th January 2016, 02:27 PM
Hey mate, I've got a body lift in mine and don't have any problems with reverse. Usually it's just the 4wd that fowls when in low. This needs a trim which i have done, but haven't heard of reverse being an issue with anyone before?? . . . What year is your one. Maybe later ones have a bit of a different surround.

hey mate

its 1990 model maverick, unless something with the gearbox itself but yeah sometimes hard to change into reverse need to slot it in firm. the gearbox was low k unit.

Rossco
14th January 2016, 03:31 PM
Yeah that's about the same vintage as mine. Usually the gearbox isn't affected by a body lift, could be an issue with the box or clutch adjustment maybe. Can you see the lever hit the body anywhere with the boot removed?

weeman
14th January 2016, 03:58 PM
Yeah that's about the same vintage as mine. Usually the gearbox isn't affected by a body lift, could be an issue with the box or clutch adjustment maybe. Can you see the lever hit the body anywhere with the boot removed?

im going to double check, i need to change the rubber boot so will test it.