PDA

View Full Version : fuel lines swap or not TB42E TO TD42T

Pezzer
6th January 2016, 10:45 PM
Hi do I need to remove all the diesel lines from the donor car which is a long wheelbase, or can i utilize the existing fuel lines in my Shorty to supply diesel to the motor. I already have the diesel tank and filler fitted, although as the car used to be Lpg also hence a long range petrol tank was fitted.So to re run lines will be a real pain, I still want to utilize this tank also for diesel.....thanks for any help...

Chappy
6th January 2016, 10:51 PM
You can use the TB lines :)

BigRAWesty
6th January 2016, 10:57 PM
Yea leave fuel lines.. some people leave the tanks to..

jff45
6th January 2016, 11:04 PM
Leave the lines and tanks.
Is there an EFI fuel filter in the chassis like the TB45? If so, remove it.
I also had to remove the unleaded fuel restrictors in the fuel tank filler necks.
Do you have an in-tank fuel pump? If so, remove it also and replace with a length of fuel hose.

Sorry, just saw you fitted diesel tank..

Pezzer
7th January 2016, 01:05 AM
Yes the long range tank has the efi pump, and the diesel tank is just that, I would like to hook up both tanks to fill together and empty through one. On the TD42t I have just the injector pump will I need a lift pum?

BigRAWesty
7th January 2016, 06:08 AM
Yes the long range tank has the efi pump, and the diesel tank is just that, I would like to hook up both tanks to fill together and empty through one. On the TD42t I have just the injector pump will I need a lift pum?
Some people run lift pumps when running higher horsepower setups.

Winnie
7th January 2016, 06:41 AM
Any turbo setup of any kind on a TD42 will have some benefit from using an electric fuel pump

jff45
7th January 2016, 09:59 AM
I fitted my lift pump where the EFI filter was. The metal lines had to be joined there anyway so it worked out well.

FYI, I'm using my subtank as it was before with the electric pump transferring diesel now.