PDA

View Full Version : Vic High Country Weekend

ForgeCreekFerals4x4
6th January 2016, 03:41 PM
So we thought it might be cool to do a trip down Vic High Country way over a weekend. I' m local to East Gippsland and I' ve got some great tracks lined up, and I will get a good few articles out of it. I'm just gauging interest at the moment, so whos keen and when is easiest for everyone? I dont want it to clash with Wesburn so it probably wont be until Feb.

Probably limit it to about 10 cars or we'll never get anywhere

There will be plenty of tough stuff we can do, but for everyone who doesnt want to accidentally wreck stuff all the tracks i have in mind have chicken tracks. Ill head for some cool huts and old mine relics that are off the beaten paths and most of them are rarely visited

as for camping overnight, I plan to head for a huge hut in the hills and I have a great high country plain lined up if the hut is taken.

Camping will be in State forest so bring ya dog, I am haha

Winnie
6th January 2016, 03:48 PM
Yeah mate I am definitely pretty keen with my partner and two dogs, what area of the high country are you planning for?

ForgeCreekFerals4x4
6th January 2016, 03:49 PM
Ensay, Swifts Creek, Omeo, Benambra way. if we get really excited maybe even Mt Pinnibar haha

ForgeCreekFerals4x4
6th January 2016, 03:53 PM
OR we can do Moroka ranges, theres Caledonia track, Valencia Creek track etc. ripper stuff out that way

Winnie
6th January 2016, 03:53 PM
Awesome, haven't done any tracks up Omeo way yet so I'm keen as mustard!

Maxhead
6th January 2016, 03:57 PM
Yep, I'd be keen as depending on dates :)

AB
6th January 2016, 03:59 PM
Pending dates I'd be keen too!

ForgeCreekFerals4x4
6th January 2016, 04:24 PM
13th and 14th of feb? thats free for me. what about you guys?

Winnie
6th January 2016, 05:22 PM
13th and 14th of feb? thats free for me. what about you guys?
Those dates are alright with me.

Sir Roofy
6th January 2016, 07:34 PM
Might be able to do this one will know more in a fortnight

Rossco
6th January 2016, 08:25 PM
Yeah I'm keen sounds like it could be a really good trip. Be good to do a bit more further east heaps of great county. Just depends on if i can get the car sorted by then. . . See how we go. . .

mudski
6th January 2016, 11:06 PM
I'll be in for this i reckon. Never been out that way....

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

jay see
7th January 2016, 01:09 AM
Work that weekend.
Anyway I think I'll be better saving some $$$ for a long range tank and getting my reduction gears fitted before any high country trips.

Winnie
7th January 2016, 06:42 AM
Amz has invited her cousin and partner who live in Omeo, they drive a GU ute and would fit in well.

Also I apologise in advance for my jack Russell puppy...

katwoman
7th January 2016, 08:25 AM
We might be in too. I'll have to check work dates. Are you thinking of Mosco villa hut ? Might be a bit flash for this lot

Edit. Damn it. No good for me. Weekend before would be perfect.

Winnie
7th January 2016, 08:36 AM
Are you thinking of Mosco villa hut ? Might be a bit flash for this lot

What are you trying to imply Kat???

katwoman
8th January 2016, 09:14 AM
What are you trying to imply Kat???

That your not as upper class as me.

ForgeCreekFerals4x4
8th January 2016, 11:10 AM
We might be in too. I'll have to check work dates. Are you thinking of Mosco villa hut ? Might be a bit flash for this lot

Edit. Damn it. No good for me. Weekend before would be perfect.

its usually taken these days anyway, or it would be when we head up on a saturday!

i havent quite decided yet anyway, i want to do up that way but im torn between that or moroka ranges, but without the iconic stuff that everyone does. theres some great tracks out that way. but some rippa campsites up moscow villa way!

Winnie
22nd January 2016, 08:52 PM
Hey feral, you thinking of us leaving on Friday night or bright and chirpy Saturday morning?
I'm easy either way, if leaving Saturday morning I will catch up with my old man in Lakes Entrance on the Friday night.

Sprock
23rd January 2016, 08:56 AM
I'm keen for this - work permitting ....

2002 GU wagon 3.0lt , auto , piranha dual batteries , 3" lift , chip , needle & Dawes valves - just gettin started

Winnie
1st February 2016, 06:37 AM
Has anybody spoken to forge Creek feral? I am still keen for this trip...

Rossco
1st February 2016, 07:01 AM
Yeah me too. . .

matfew
1st February 2016, 09:40 AM
I might just be keen on this also depending on a few things. Specifically me finishing the patrol in time haha

Hodge
1st February 2016, 09:51 AM
I've just had some dates open up as well so I'm on pending status.
Would be good.

Tapatalked from S6

Bloodyaussie
1st February 2016, 10:21 AM
I might just be keen on this also depending on a few things. Specifically me finishing the patrol in time haha

Errmmm i thought you wanted to help picking up the tractor..?

matfew
1st February 2016, 10:44 AM
That's pending still to lol.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Rossco
1st February 2016, 12:55 PM
Hows the car going matty?

Winnie
1st February 2016, 01:18 PM

What's up with the Patrol?

matfew
1st February 2016, 01:27 PM
Ah the proper clean up since that battery went bit while it's apart in doing a heap of sound deadening and interior work. Mainly sort out the electrical stuff properly. Maybe front locker different turbo and intercooler if I get motivated lol

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

katwoman
1st February 2016, 04:00 PM
We're doing talbottville to haunted stream this weekend if any ones interested.

Winnie
1st February 2016, 04:04 PM
Hey Kat, you might have to check with DELWP or DEPI or DEDJTR or whatever they call themselves now... I am pretty sure that Haunted Stream is still closed for maintenance.

mudski
1st February 2016, 07:36 PM
Has anybody spoken to forge Creek feral? I am still keen for this trip...
Im keen on this. I have the green light from the missus to have the weekend of from her so i dont want to waste it. Ill send a pm...

Bloodyaussie
1st February 2016, 07:46 PM
Im keen on this. I have the green light from the missus to have the weekend of from her so i dont want to waste it. Ill send a pm...

I think i counted at least 12 cars so far..

Winnie
1st February 2016, 08:25 PM

I sent her a PM but no reply... She has not logged in for a few weeks. Does anybody have an email address?

matfew
2nd February 2016, 09:02 PM
Well I'm out heading up to mums for the Friday & Saturday to grab myself a tractor ;)

Winnie
2nd February 2016, 09:19 PM
Does not look like we will have a tour guide now?

mudski
2nd February 2016, 10:10 PM
Does not look like we will have a tour guide now?
Yeah i might just go to Murrindindi or Tallarook instead for a day then.

threedogs
3rd February 2016, 10:31 AM
I sent her a PM but no reply... She has not logged in for a few weeks. Does anybody have an email address?

Maybe check her intro that had some info on it