PDA

View Full Version : Interceptor off Mad Max.

Danny
10th July 2010, 06:24 PM
Thought this may be worthy of a post.

My mates brother finally finished his project and i thought i would show ya's.

Ford XB converted into the Mad Max interceptor.

This guy ended up watching the video hundreds of times and pausing it to make sure he got the paint work right.

Must admit it looks very cool in real life and is a huge head turner.

He got pulled over by the cops the other day and thought he was in trouble but the cop walked up with a camera and said sorry mate but im a huge fan can i got some photos...haha

He's got some cool pics of the cop giving the driver a ticket and other happy snaps...Ill have to get them and show ya's...

patch697
10th July 2010, 07:12 PM
I've got all the Mad Max dvds. The acting is funny to watch but the movies are iconic. Tell your mate Top job.

Cheers
Paul

Danny
10th July 2010, 07:46 PM
That vehicle is UBER cool! Makes a '70's Ford fan drool!

But how did he get away with having blue and red flashing lights on the roof? I thought that was illegal. Did the cops say anything about them?

Looks very cool driving around...Nah, its not hooked up so its ok.

It's just for looks and the cop said its ok if its not wired up.

I should tell him to get the siren put on too...lol

Danny
10th July 2010, 08:11 PM
Yeah he's real particular with his projects.

Have to be all mickey mouse perfect.

The engines an old clapped out chevy so if he gets that looking and sounding good itll be awesome!

patch697
10th July 2010, 11:36 PM
CHEVY???? DID YOU SAY CHEVY???????

OMG that's sacreligous in a Ford! Make him drop a Cleveland in it othewise it's not the real deal!!

I still like it but......

x2....... but a man who is that particular would have dropped a Cleveo in it I'd recon. Maybe Danny's got them mixed up?

Cheers
Paul

Danny
11th July 2010, 10:34 AM
x2....... but a man who is that particular would have dropped a Cleveo in it I'd recon. Maybe Danny's got them mixed up?

Cheers
Paul
I think your right Paul, why on earth would you go to that trouble and wack a chevy in there..haha

I do know that its the same engine as when he bought the xb. Ill have to ring him today and ask.

Let ya's know soon.

GQ-Nut
11th July 2010, 10:39 AM
It would surely have to be a cleveland...If he's gone to that much trouble restoring it you would be insane not to...

patch697
11th July 2010, 10:53 AM
It would surely have to be a cleveland...If he's gone to that much trouble restoring it you would be insane not to...

To true....To true.

Bush Ranger
6th August 2016, 08:43 PM
I thought the black Monaro that the Night Rider drove was okay at the time.

AB
6th August 2016, 09:24 PM
Wow, flash back!

This post is at the very start of the forum! I've seen this car in the flesh, very cool and a lot of effort was put into it to where it is now.

threedogs
7th August 2016, 11:12 AM
All the motor bike stunts were done by the guys I used to ride with,
filmed just out the back of Sunbury at Holdens bridge where he had
a choice to cut handcuffs or ankle, great stuff lol

growler2058
7th August 2016, 05:46 PM
I thought the black Monaro that the Night Rider drove was okay at the time.

Yep give me a Munro over those Frauds any day