PDA

View Full Version : Hamelin Bay

gubigfish
2nd January 2016, 02:46 PM
While down visiting the folks for Chrissy I thought I would go explore one of the only beaches in the area you can drive on. Turned into a bit of a find the entrance as the old way to get onto the beach by the boat ramp had been closed off. The sign at the car park explains where you can get onto the beach.

Anyways a few photos attached, tried to wet a line but all I was catching was sea weed.

The track was a little challenging lots of deep ruts and limestone rocks and one small climb onto a dune with soft sand but the beach was quite firm. Aired down to 20 PSI at the start, was quite a popular track with all the people down there and some people just drove through without airing down, had a few hairy moments of people driving the oposite direction as the track is very narrow and lots of bush pinstripes.

the evil twin
2nd January 2016, 03:44 PM
Yeah, that access can be 'interesting' not so much due to the terrain but more the people using it...

P.S. red utes are beaut utes

threedogs
2nd January 2016, 05:35 PM
Yeah, that access can be 'interesting' not so much due to the terrain but more the people using it...

P.S. red utes are beaut utes

Are they UV friendly lol

Kidsanall
3rd January 2016, 11:52 PM
That would be Bob's Track. You can get onto the beach in a couple of other spots too. Also a drive thru Boranup forest is nice.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk