PDA

View Full Version : NickB's GUIV

NickBGU4
10th July 2010, 01:25 PM
Thought it was about time that I posted some photos of my toy.

2004 GU series IV ST Auto
3 lt DI Turbo Diesel
Safari DTronic
2" lift (King springs & Koni shocks)
ARB fridge & Platinum Dropslide
Outback roller drawers
Half Height Cargo barrier
Eclipse AVN6000 Sat/Nav
IPF 900xs spotties
100cm LED Strip Light under Awning
ARB Awning
ARB Rear bar
Outback roof console
iCom 400 Pro UHF
Autron cruise control
VDO boost & EGT guages
Dual battery system
ARB Compressor
ARB Winch recovery kit
Additional power outlets
ARB Bottle opener

Woof
10th July 2010, 01:54 PM
Welcome Nick, nice setup you have there.

Runt
10th July 2010, 02:00 PM
Great drawers and table set up Nick.

NickBGU4
10th July 2010, 02:09 PM
Thanks guys, the drawers were in the patrol when i bought it, the table is something i made myself.

patch697
10th July 2010, 02:21 PM
Nice looking unit...I like that back bar setup its neat as.....Thanks for the post

Cheers
Paul

MudRunnerTD
10th July 2010, 02:22 PM
Hey Nick nice looking rig mate,

Love those ARB rear bars they are just so oppressively expensive though.

I should have put one on at time of purchase and be done with it, whack it on the lease. Might have to reverse into a Bollard or something and wreck the rear bumper ;-)

NickBGU4
10th July 2010, 05:32 PM
I was lucky enough to pick up the rear ARB bar second hand from the guy who used to own the ARB dealership in Bairnsdale, paid $1500 for it, and it came with a whole bunch of new replacement parts as well.

Mitcon
13th July 2010, 09:32 AM
Very nice and tidy looking truck Nick mate, should be a very able set-up. I love that rear bar, very nice and good to be able to see some pics of it. How do you find the Eclipse head unit, they are meant to have quite good audio quality I hear

NickBGU4
13th July 2010, 12:57 PM
Hi Wayne, the Eclipse (AVN 6000) is fantastic, the sound quality is excellent even with the factory speakers. The only thing that it doesn't have is bluetooth but i don't care about that (i won't talk on a mobile phone when i'm driving, hands free or not). I have a 160GB iPod permanently connected to the head unit. It runs the whereis (DVD Based) street mapping software which seems to work really well, just need to work out how to run some off road mapping software. I run 2 cameras from it (Eclipse rear camera & std camera mounted below the winch).

Mitcon
13th July 2010, 01:50 PM
Nice mate, I looked at them myself at first before I got my unit but as you prolly notice I went with something different. Pretty much same set-up as the VMS unit for a Nissan. Should be something about on off-road mapping for it, hit a few of the GPS forums and I'm sure someone will have some ideas.

I'm only running 1 camera on mine though at some stage I plan on fitting 2 more. 160GB ???? lol thats alot of music bro, I just use a 4GB (or maybe it's *GB I can't remember lol) thumb drive. Bloody beaut to not have to use a disc when off-road hey.

Is the truck blue or black, I was showing Lynne the photos of it and I reckon it's dark blue and I want to win one for a change lol. Have you been out and got it bogged so you could play with that winch yet ? We got ours very dirty in mud the other day, the Alt didn't wanna play after a good drowning but flushed it out with fresh water and all's good again. I'll prolly get kicked or flamed on this forum if folks knew what I drive hahaha, but I have owned 2 Patrols so hopefully that counts lol.

NickBGU4
13th July 2010, 10:56 PM
The colour is called Blue Slate, it is a metallic dark blue, looks like you win. It gets dirty pretty regularly, dragged about 5 kilos of mud home with me last time i took her out. I haven't had to use the winch yet but i've come pretty close to needing it a few times, better to have one and not need it i reckon.

Chambo Off to Work We Go
14th July 2010, 10:25 PM
Same colour as mine.
And agree they get dirty mighty quick.
Know how you feel re the mud underneath.
You can spend an hour under there with a pressure hose and still not get it all out.

Mitcon
14th July 2010, 10:53 PM
5kg of mud and you guys complain lol, geez I had almost that much in my alt after last weekend hahaha. I think I brought home about 7 buckets worth of mud/soil and half a bucket of sand. You need to try harder hehehe.

I had to pressure clean the floor carpets even

patch697
15th July 2010, 11:10 AM
5kg of mud and you guys complain lol, geez I had almost that much in my alt after last weekend hahaha. I think I brought home about 7 buckets worth of mud/soil and half a bucket of sand. You need to try harder hehehe.

I had to pressure clean the floor carpets even

Full on.....lol

Cheers
Paul

CrazyDave
15th July 2010, 07:27 PM
Nice neat set up mate.

Ill have to borrow someones camera and put some photos up here for you guys soon.

Havent been on here for a while but Its grown heaps since last time i was here.

Well done everybody involved.

Russell1974
20th July 2010, 10:39 PM
Hey mate great lookin rig what sort of drawer slide is that under the fridge? Do you have any more pics of that >

NickBGU4
21st July 2010, 10:37 AM
It's a Platinum Dropslide, fantastic bit of gear if you are vertically challenged (read shortass) or have a big lift in your fourby. I'll post a few pics of it for you.

patch697
21st July 2010, 03:05 PM
It's a Platinum Dropslide, fantastic bit of gear if you are vertically challenged (read shortass) or have a big lift in your fourby. I'll post a few pics of it for you.

That is a very nice looking & nicely set up Rig you got there....... Quite an inspirational piece of Machinery.....

Good onya & thanks for posting her up

Cheers
Paul

NickBGU4
21st July 2010, 06:42 PM
Thanks for the great comments guys, very much appreciated. I have spent a considerable amount of time researching the mods that i have added to my Patrol and she has been set up exactly the way I needed her to be.
I've always gone by the motto of do it once and do it right. By the way, this is a fantastic forum, lots of great information, good humor and none of the bad attitudes that occur on some of the other forums. Well done to everyone.

Russell1974
22nd July 2010, 09:10 PM

Cheers for that it looks very similar to the one we are makeing, hopefully when i figure this computer thing out I can get some pics up

NickBGU4
26th July 2010, 05:43 PM
Added some photos of the ARB 2 meter awning.

DX grunt
26th July 2010, 05:51 PM
Added some photos of the ARB 2 meter awning.

Great pics Nick.

Love the extra space you created to hang yr washing on wet days! LOLOL

NickBGU4
10th August 2010, 08:56 PM
It works quite well for that, it rained most of the first day on a recent trip to Taylors Crossing in the VIC High Country. Great addition to the Patrol though, wouldn't be without one now.
Just installed an ARB Bottle Opener onto the bullbar, it mounts under the UHF ariel. Fantastic addition, as well as an LED light mounted above the winch that lights up when I turn on the winch isolator. Should be good if I ever have to use the winch at night.

westham
22nd December 2010, 01:36 AM
Thought it was about time that I posted some photos of my toy.

2004 GU series IV ST Auto
3 lt Turbo Diesel
Safari DTronic
2" lift (King springs & Koni shocks)
ARB fridge & Platinum dropslide
Outback roller drawers
Cargo barrier
Eclipse Sat/Nav
IPF spotties
ARB Awning
ARB Rear bar
Outback roof console
iCom UHF
Autron cruise control
VDO boost & EGT guages
Intercooler fan
Dual battery system
ARB Compressor
ARB Winch recovery kit
Additional power outlets
ARB Bottle opener

Hey Mate great looking rig. I was looking at maybe putting roller draws or floor in my Gu, but was'nt sure how it would work with side opening doors. All the promo's i've got from ARB have been in a tailgate. so how do you find it.
Paul

Bigrig
22nd December 2010, 12:28 PM
It works quite well for that, it rained most of the first day on a recent trip to Taylors Crossing in the VIC High Country. Great addition to the Patrol though, wouldn't be without one now.
Just installed an ARB Bottle Opener onto the bullbar, it mounts under the UHF ariel. Fantastic addition, as well as an LED light mounted above the winch that lights up when I turn on the winch isolator. Should be good if I ever have to use the winch at night.

Awesome rig mate - and topped off ever so nicely with the bottle opener ... can't believe that wasn't the first thing on my list!!! lol ... and for those that know me on the forum, you know I'm actually not joking!!! lmfao ..

big_fletch
27th December 2010, 12:51 PM
Great rig and setup mate, love the bottle opener.. just hit the top of my list Haha

Dark 1
27th December 2010, 07:43 PM
Great looking tourer mate, go the Gu.

Kelvin.

Finly Owner
27th December 2010, 10:57 PM
Very nicely done

NickBGU4
12th February 2011, 06:53 PM
Thanks for all the great comments guys. I have just added an LED strip light under the awning as well as fitting an external Merritt socket to run the light. Pictures will be added as soon as I get a chance.

frenzy
12th February 2011, 11:37 PM
Great setup you have there mate. I think there might be a run on those ARB bottle openers....

NickBGU4
14th February 2011, 01:37 PM
Pics of the light & external power socket.

Dark 1
22nd February 2011, 07:03 PM
Great mod mate, might have to borrow that one.

AB
22nd February 2011, 08:30 PM
Hey Nick, have you got any night pics of that by chance?

Looks great!

Bigrig
22nd February 2011, 08:35 PM
Yep - seriously awesome setup mate - well done with it!!!

Clunk
22nd February 2011, 08:35 PM
Hey Nick, nice idea with that mod mate, so when's the disco ball being installed????? hahahahahaha, sorry mate couldn't resist just joshin with ya, I'm just jealous - great lookin rig full of great mods

boggy2006
23rd February 2011, 08:43 AM
hi, love the drop down table on the rear door, great idea that!

nowoolies
23rd February 2011, 10:10 AM
hay Nick
i do like the ARB bottle opener most important part of...................... getting stuck ....lmao
your rig looks blo#dy fanfrigintastic

Bloggsy
23rd February 2011, 11:53 AM
Very nice setup Nick, think I might have to pinch that LED lighting strip idea off you :biggrin:

rottodiver
10th November 2011, 01:52 PM
Hey nick,
nice setup, after all this time how is the drop slide going.. all still holding up well.i ordered one the other day!!!

Scotty