PDA

View Full Version : Australia Day 2016 Annual Meetup January 23 to 26th

Maxhead
16th December 2015, 07:48 PM
Ok, so confirmed it is January 23rd to 26th !
Place is Newnes campground Blue Mountains as base camp and driving around during the days

The following people are definites:

Nisshead and family
Rustynail and family..lol
Clarkie and family

These are maybe's:
Todd and family
Rockett 55...c'mom mate
Winnie and family
Roscco and family
AB and family
Firm351 plus ???

If I missed someone please update

I'm tenting it as I don't think I'll get my van in there.

So please confirm and update the list.

EDIT: Nicco can you confirm the spot and directionsplease mate?

BSRT.Beast
16th December 2015, 08:04 PM
We are a maybe/hopefully depends on Nicole's work ohh and if I can pull my finger out and get the rig back on the road in time.

Maxhead
16th December 2015, 08:07 PM
We are a maybe/hopefully depends on Nicole's work ohh and if I can pull my finger out and get the rig back on the road in time.

Excellent work mate

Nisshead and family
Clarkie and family

These are maybe's:
Todd and family
Rockett 55...c'mom mate
Winnie and family
Roscco and family
AB and family
Firm351 plus ???
BSRT.Beast and family

rusty_nail
18th December 2015, 08:59 AM
righto! as per Rocket55's recommendation Newnes (https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/Newnes+NSW+2790/@-33.2293048,150.3512999,11z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x6b0c5505826348ff:0x40609b4904369 10) would be the place to stay, it will be reasonably busy there over an Australia day weekend, but there are around 5 footy fields worth of camp space there so we should be able to get a spot to fit who ever comes. This (http://www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/camping-and-accommodation/campgrounds/newnes-campground) would be the spot we will be likely to find a nice spot for us all.

im speaking to a couple of other mates who have been up there abit and will get back to this thread when i know more about the area ie tracks etc.

firm351
18th December 2015, 09:41 AM
I've booked my flight to sydney so I now a definate for this. I will see if my oldies want to come along if thier not gunna be down there anyway.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

rusty_nail
18th December 2015, 10:16 AM
I've booked my flight to sydney so I now a definate for this. I will see if my oldies want to come along if thier not gunna be down there anyway.

thats awesome mate it will be nice to meet you and share a beer!

firm351
18th December 2015, 10:23 AM
thats awesome mate it will be nice to meet you and share a beer!
I was gunna bring my own beer but we can share if you want too[emoji14]

rusty_nail
18th December 2015, 10:53 AM
I was gunna bring my own beer but we can share if you want too[emoji14]

hahaha well just have to wait and see matey this is your first meetup, there are certain protocols =P

Maxhead
18th December 2015, 09:02 PM

Good work mate, see you there

Nisshead and family
Clarkie and family
Firm351

These are maybe's:
Todd and family
Rockett 55...c'mom mate
Winnie and family
Roscco and family
AB and family
BSRT.Beast and family

anyone else?

garett
18th December 2015, 10:14 PM
i'd love to go ... just gotta check with the better half.

Maxhead
19th December 2015, 02:20 PM
i'd love to go ... just gotta check with the better half.

Shell I add you to the list...haha, it would be good if you guys make it

I hope it's not this hot on Aussie Day or I will need a trailer to bring a pallet of beer :)

garett
19th December 2015, 06:13 PM
i have permission wooooooo. it'll be just me, no wife or kid. more space for beer lol

Maxhead
19th December 2015, 06:56 PM
i have permission wooooooo. it'll be just me, no wife or kid. more space for beer lol

Hahaha, Love your work mate!

Nisshead and family
Clarkie and family
Firm351
Garett

These are maybe's:
Todd and family
Rockett 55...c'mom mate
Winnie and family
Roscco and family
AB and family
BSRT.Beast and family

anyone else?

jay see
20th December 2015, 12:10 AM
Another place that I haven't been to and would like to, but not this time unfortunately.:(

Maxhead
20th December 2015, 08:59 AM
Another place that I haven't been to and would like to, but not this time unfortunately.:(

All good mate, next time :)

firm351
20th December 2015, 12:26 PM
I'm tenting it as I don't think I'll get my van in there.

You will have no troubles getting your van down there mate. The road into the the valley is very steep, narrow and windy but its doable, people take vans down there all the time so you'll be right if you would rather take the van.

Crossing the river could be a bit tricky with a van but its generally pretty good and i don't think we would be camping on that side of the river anyway.

i guess it also depends on how you would feel leaving your gear at the camp site during the day cause there isn't any 4wding to be done down in the valley and we will be away from the camp site for most of the day if/when we go off for a drive.

I cant wait i haven't been home for 2 years and this time i wont have my wife and kids with me.

Maxhead
20th December 2015, 12:43 PM
You will have no troubles getting your van down there mate. The road into the the valley is very steep, narrow and windy but its doable, people take vans down there all the time so you'll be right if you would rather take the van.

Crossing the river could be a bit tricky with a van but its generally pretty good and i don't think we would be camping on that side of the river anyway.

i guess it also depends on how you would feel leaving your gear at the camp site during the day cause there isn't any 4wding to be done down in the valley and we will be away from the camp site for most of the day if/when we go off for a drive.

I cant wait i haven't been home for 2 years and this time i wont have my wife and kids with me.

Hmmm, Ok that is definitely an option.

The van is fairly big but should have no trouble getting there then hopefully.

I know what the missus wants tdo do but I might make her suffer ...bwahahahah

Clarkie
20th December 2015, 06:31 PM
Finally a trip that's nice and close.

Sir Roofy
20th December 2015, 08:38 PM
Hmmm, Ok that is definitely an option.

The van is fairly big but should have no trouble getting there then hopefully.

I know what the missus wants tdo do but I might make her suffer ...bwahahahah

Take a swig or 2 of the Moonshine mate
you,l get that van between 2 gum trees
with out a scratch remember loveday

Stevelb21
30th December 2015, 05:51 PM
I'd bet very interested in tagging along, it would be my first trip in the scrub with my truck, should be fun meeting up with you guys.

I'll see what roster the big cheese is on as she works every second weekend and I know she is dying to get out in the bush and doing some 4 wheeling.

Will we all be meeting up somewhere first.

Maxhead
30th December 2015, 06:27 PM
I'd bet very interested in tagging along, it would be my first trip in the scrub with my truck, should be fun meeting up with you guys.

I'll see what roster the big cheese is on as she works every second weekend and I know she is dying to get out in the bush and doing some 4 wheeling.

Will we all be meeting up somewhere first.

Hey mate, that is awesome news.

We will definitely be meeting up somewhere .

Once I get back home I'll do another rollcall mate.

Watch this space...

Anyone else??

….................... On the move

rusty_nail
11th January 2016, 09:56 AM
hey guys just bumping this up, is everyone still keen for this? ill be heading up there, it would be nice to meet some other people from the forum too.

firm351
11th January 2016, 12:07 PM
Im going over to visit the oldies any way so im still keen for it to go ahead.

rusty_nail
11th January 2016, 12:29 PM
Im going over to visit the oldies any way so im still keen for it to go ahead.

good stuff mate, its looks like ill be bringing another 2-3 cars at the moment =D it should be a good group and anyone is welcome to come along. i dont know the area but ill post up as much info about where we stay once were in somewhere. ill be coming back to reception anyway to let the missis know where to come (her kitchen tea for our wedding is on that saturday so shell come out after it so i have to let her know anyway where we are)

will be good to see you all out there.

garett
11th January 2016, 09:50 PM
i hope its going ahead i got time off work and baby duty...

rusty_nail
11th January 2016, 10:01 PM

yes mate, i will definitely be heading up there with other cars. are we good to meet up at the spot firm351 mentioned? cross the river over to the campsite? im happy with that

garett
12th January 2016, 09:03 AM
sounds ok to me, if you see a really white maverick with a grey rear bar driving around slowly that's me

rusty_nail
12th January 2016, 09:20 AM
haha yeah mate good stuff, and ill be in a white GU likely with a mitsu pajero

oi krisso! are you coming still or what ya homo!

Maxhead
12th January 2016, 08:10 PM
haha yeah mate good stuff, and ill be in a white GU likely with a mitsu pajero

oi krisso! are you coming still or what ya homo!

I will have to miss this one unfortunately. I have had something come up which I can not get out off and this weekend is my only opportunity . Good part is I might be able to get some fishing in:)
I'm sure old cock Nic will look after you.

rusty_nail
12th January 2016, 09:35 PM
I will have to miss this one unfortunately. I have had something come up which I can not get out off and this weekend is my only opportunity . Good part is I might be able to get some fishing in:)
I'm sure old cock Nic will look after you.

sucks you cant come mate but it just means well have to plan another one soon! for all others still coming i cant wait to get out there

Rossco
12th January 2016, 10:06 PM
Yeah I'm definatly out of this one 2 unfortunatly. No way I'll get a new fuel pump in the car and I'm fairly certain it would hate a long distance Highway run or give up altogether. Next one tho ☺. . .

rusty_nail
12th January 2016, 10:18 PM
hey todd! you coming along for this one mate?

NissanGQ4.2
16th January 2016, 01:18 PM
hey todd! you coming along for this one mate?

Don't know, unsure, undecided, but I am currently going through my camping gear 2 see what I need 2 get

NissanGQ4.2
16th January 2016, 01:22 PM
Yeah I'm definatly out of this one 2 unfortunatly. No way I'll get a new fuel pump in the car and I'm fairly certain it would hate a long distance Highway run or give up altogether. Next one tho ☺. . .

Would not be a long distance highway run Rossco, once you hit Sydney there are more pot holes and bumps in the road then there are rocks on a bush track, probable faster and less stress on the 4b if you take as many dirt tracks as possible

firm351
18th January 2016, 01:17 AM
Sorry to say that im pulling out of this one guys. I've got a bit happening at home this break so after thinking long and hard I've decided to change my flights and visit the olds another time. I booked the flights with frequent flyer points so it cost nothing to change.

rusty_nail
18th January 2016, 08:21 AM
Sorry to say that im pulling out of this one guys. I've got a bit happening at home this break so after thinking long and hard I've decided to change my flights and visit the olds another time. I booked the flights with frequent flyer points so it cost nothing to change.

bugger mate! that leaves garret and my crew im bringing haha. oh well no need to keep it formal, ill be out there in a big white GU with a black camper trailer, a maroon pajero and a white 80 series keep an eye out for us if you come out well see you there!

rusty_nail
18th January 2016, 02:15 PM

hey mate so are you definitely coming to this?

NissanGQ4.2
18th January 2016, 07:53 PM
bugger mate! that leaves garret and my crew im bringing haha. oh well no need to keep it formal, ill be out there in a big white GU with a black camper trailer, a maroon pajero and a white 80 series keep an eye out for us if you come out well see you there!

80 series.....CP and Mel going? is Steph and Ernie going? Dale and Adrian? and who is driving the Pajero?

rusty_nail
18th January 2016, 08:45 PM
80 series.....CP and Mel going? is Steph and Ernie going? Dale and Adrian? and who is driving the Pajero?

chris was going but cant get monday off so no longer, ernie is in the same boat as chris, dale and ade forgot to ask em but they would be unlikely and phil and stacey bought a pajero. if garret doesnt get back to me tho ill probably just not bother going. tegans kitchen tea is on saturday so i would have been going up by myself to reserve camp spots and they would get there sunday and that would be no fun if no one else was there to chat to.

NissanGQ4.2
18th January 2016, 09:05 PM
chris was going but cant get monday off so no longer, ernie is in the same boat as chris, dale and ade forgot to ask em but they would be unlikely and phil and stacey bought a pajero. if garret doesnt get back to me tho ill probably just not bother going. tegans kitchen tea is on saturday so i would have been going up by myself to reserve camp spots and they would get there sunday and that would be no fun if no one else was there to chat to.

Well this NSW meetup turned 2 shit.

You still interested if its just me and the family? Erins just double checking she doesn't have 2 work the Monday

rusty_nail
18th January 2016, 09:56 PM
Well this NSW meetup turned 2 shit.

You still interested if its just me and the family? Erins just double checking she doesn't have 2 work the Monday

let me know if your missus can come mate. ill head up to yours and we can be there late in the arvo friday if you up for it.

jack
18th January 2016, 11:11 PM
That's disappointing, I just couldn't do Blue Mountains (long story).
We'll have to do another Pizza night at ABs to make up for it. :hpfredgeorge1:

garett
19th January 2016, 07:40 AM
hey mate so are you definitely coming to this?

yeah was planing on going. sorry about the delay on the weekend i drove to mackay to drop off my old car then flew back monday. let me know

rusty_nail
19th January 2016, 08:03 AM
yeah was planing on going. sorry about the delay on the weekend i drove to mackay to drop off my old car then flew back monday. let me know

just sent you a PM mate, lets get this happening!

rusty_nail
19th January 2016, 08:39 AM
righto, just spoke to garret, this is happening. if todd is keen to come (which ill know by this arvo) ill be picking his family up and well be heading up together. garret will be arriving early saturday morning. for anyone else that may decide to come last minute well be camping over the creek crossing at the newnes campgrounds. im in a white GU and Garret is in a brilliant white GQ, I have a bright orange tent and will also have a canvas camper trailer (i think its blue isnt it todd?)

we will be on UHF Channel 17, ill leave the radio on just hail for rusty or nic, if i hear ill give you a yell.

see you there!

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=64051&d=1453151380

MudRunnerTD
19th January 2016, 09:30 AM
Look out for this bloke!!

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/01/202.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk cause AB turned it back on!!

rusty_nail
19th January 2016, 11:52 PM
Look out for this bloke!!

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/01/202.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk cause AB turned it back on!!
Where'd you find a photo of that good looking specimen!!!

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

Clunk
20th January 2016, 12:00 AM
At least youve got your pants on in that pic Nic

jack
20th January 2016, 12:13 AM
At least youve got your pants on in that pic Nic

Yeap good photoshop by Mudrunner

taslucas
20th January 2016, 07:38 AM
.......... for anyone else that may decide to come last minute well be camping over the creek crossing at the newnes campgrounds. im in a white GU and Garret is in a brilliant white GQ, I have a bright orange tent and will also have a canvas camper trailer (i think its blue isnt it todd?)

we will be on UHF Channel 17, ill leave the radio on just hail for rusty or nic, if i hear ill give you a yell.

see you there!

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=64051&d=1453151380

Sounds like we need more forum banners. Even a smallish one to put up at camps....

>>>tappin from tassie

Sir Roofy
20th January 2016, 11:14 AM
Sounds like we need more forum banners. Even a smallish one to put up at camps....

>>>tappin from tassie

We had one but its lost some where up north

taslucas
20th January 2016, 12:52 PM
We had one but its lost some where up north
That's why I think we need more! A banner for you, and a banner for you, everyone gets a banner!

>>>tappin from tassie

Winnie
20th January 2016, 12:54 PM
YOU get a banner, YOU get a banner, YOU get a banner... EVERYONE gets a banner!!!

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/01/233.jpg

NissanGQ4.2
20th January 2016, 02:16 PM
YOU get a banner, YOU get a banner, YOU get a banner... EVERYONE gets a banner!!!
[/img]

Oprah, not been selfish or anything but can you throw in a new patrol with the banner please

growler2058
20th January 2016, 06:33 PM
I set up my Australia Day camping gear on the weekend. Make sure I'm all squared away
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/01/244.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using My thumbs

growler2058
20th January 2016, 06:36 PM
I wanna get one of those Australia Day hats that has Tasmania missing.

taslucas
20th January 2016, 07:34 PM
I wanna get one of those Australia Day hats that has Tasmania missing.
Haha that'll go well with the test of your made in China kit!

>>>tappin from tassie

growler2058
20th January 2016, 07:43 PM
Haha that'll go well with the test of your made in China kit!

>>>tappin from tassie

What test? :)

taslucas
20th January 2016, 08:59 PM
Rest. 😐

>>>tappin from tassie

growler2058
20th January 2016, 09:10 PM
Rest. [emoji52]

>>>tappin from tassie

Won't be no resting we're getting on it

Clunk
20th January 2016, 09:39 PM
Won't be no resting we're getting on it

You cock lol

Rossco
20th January 2016, 09:45 PM
Would not be a long distance highway run Rossco, once you hit Sydney there are more pot holes and bumps in the road then there are rocks on a bush track, probable faster and less stress on the 4b if you take as many dirt tracks as possible
Ha ha would love to probably need to take a month to get there & back tho.
Have fun guys should be good, looks like an awesome spot ☺

rusty_nail
21st January 2016, 11:36 PM
well im all packed, ill be seeing todd tomorrow and be meeting garret for the first time saturday. looking forward to it boys! see you there!

nissannewby
21st January 2016, 11:42 PM
I'll get to one of these one day.

jay see
21st January 2016, 11:50 PM
Have fun gentleman...

Sir Roofy
21st January 2016, 11:54 PM
well im all packed, ill be seeing todd tomorrow and be meeting garret for the first time saturday. looking forward to it boys! see you there!

Enjoy the w/end mate of to the docs tomorrow hope he books me in its reached its limit

katwoman
22nd January 2016, 12:19 AM
You all suck................
well, except you, old man.. I'll be thinking of ya.

rusty_nail
22nd January 2016, 06:51 AM
I'll get to one of these one day.

maybe well have the next one in QLD!

lucus30
22nd January 2016, 10:02 AM
Have fun guys

maybe well have the next one in QLD!

QLD even further to go!!!!
Next trip I'll be organising will be the annual toolangi trip in May.

garett
26th January 2016, 04:41 PM
fun was had

garett
26th January 2016, 04:58 PM

NissanGQ4.2
26th January 2016, 08:06 PM
Big shout out 2 Nic for picking my trailer up the Friday night and setting it up in the rain ready for our arrival Saturday morning / arvo and for also towing it back home 2 make the run easier for me.......and for the snatch across the river. Much appreciated mate :)

Nice 2 meet you Garett, and a big thanks for letting me ride shotgun in the GQ.

Very enjoyable weekend with great people :)

Edit: And also again 2 Nic and Tegan for making room in there Patrol 2 allow my family 2 go for a wheel :)

rusty_nail
26th January 2016, 10:38 PM
hey guys ive just got in so ill do some proper uploading tomorrow etc but big thanks to garret for the weekend, was nice to meet you and i hope to see more of you. todd its always good to see you and the family mate.

here are a few gems i found but ill upload more tomorrow.

rusty_nail
27th January 2016, 09:52 PM
Hi all,

if anyone is interested in the pics from this meetup you will find em here (https://goo.gl/photos/hcUqC4AqCXfJNtoV8)

Chubba
27th January 2016, 10:06 PM
Looks like a must do area. Thanks for photos.

NissanGQ4.2
27th January 2016, 10:31 PM
Hi all,

if anyone is interested in the pics from this meetup you will find em here (https://goo.gl/photos/hcUqC4AqCXfJNtoV8)

I've given up trying 2 upload all mine and Erin's Photo's, my net connection s!cks

rusty_nail
27th January 2016, 10:47 PM
I've given up trying 2 upload all mine and Erin's Photo's, my net connection s!cks
You just got to leave them uploading over night bro!!

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

Rossco
27th January 2016, 10:51 PM
Looks awsome nicko have to get up there sometime. Love all the old ruins and that tunnel looks cool. Pretty spectacular scenery too.

firm351
27th January 2016, 11:35 PM
Awesome photos mate, love that place.

Rocket55
28th January 2016, 12:03 AM
Nice pics mate, looks like a 4wd Commodore getting across the creek. Must have been low tide.

NissanGQ4.2
28th January 2016, 07:01 AM
Here are some more (https://goo.gl/photos/5Ff9ZPTp3joR82gE7)

garett
28th January 2016, 08:13 AM
thanks to all the guys who came, was a great trip. trying to upload my photos might be awhile..

garett
28th January 2016, 08:58 AM
ok this should be the photos... https://goo.gl/photos/ktHHeAFoNY5BqH5C7
if it dosn't work let me know

rusty_nail
28th January 2016, 09:01 AM
ok this should be the photos... https://goo.gl/photos/ktHHeAFoNY5BqH5C7
if it dosn't work let me know

it works mate, nice pics!

lucus30
29th January 2016, 11:16 AM
hey guys ive just got in so ill do some proper uploading tomorrow etc but big thanks to garret for the weekend, was nice to meet you and i hope to see more of you. todd its always good to see you and the family mate.

here are a few gems i found but ill upload more tomorrow.

Ripper photos mate. Next time I'll just have to drag my ass along perhaps

NissanGQ4.2
29th January 2016, 04:31 PM

Not perhaps, just do it :)

threedogs
29th January 2016, 05:57 PM
great looking tracks, noticed the PAJ was all out of shape at one stage lol

NissanGQ4.2
29th January 2016, 06:01 PM
great looking tracks, noticed the PAJ was all out of shape at one stage lol

I wouldn't say it was all out of shape, actually for a PAJ it done pretty well

rusty_nail
29th January 2016, 08:33 PM

honestly there were some absolutely gnarley spots, of course we took the chicken tracks on em haha but serous 4wding if you wanted it. def come up for a squirt sometime mate!

rusty_nail
29th January 2016, 08:34 PM
I wouldn't say it was all out of shape, actually for a PAJ it done pretty well

those dactory diff lokkas work pretty damm decent