PDA

View Full Version : Camping Spots in Southwest WA inquiry?

soublier
8th December 2015, 03:21 PM
Hi all! Hitting the road soon from Perth to Melbourne area. Possible stops in Margs, Augusta, Albany, Sterling Range, Esperance and Cape Le Grand National Park.

We are an American couple hoping to circle Australia and would love any suggestions for places to free bush camp and any epic walks you'd like to share. Very keen on getting into the nature and off the highway in our newish 88 Safari 😀

Thanks in advance!

Avo
8th December 2015, 05:47 PM
Conto's out of margerat river,Alexander bridge between margerat river and pemberton
her's a link to help you out...http://parkstay.dpaw.wa.gov.au/ if you need more info give us a shout...also if you have a mobile phone download wikkicamps......youcamp apps are 2 good ones.

soublier
23rd December 2015, 05:20 PM
Beautiful! Thanks so much Avo! Ended up at Warner Glen (Chapman Pool) just north of Alexander Bridge. Beautiful and quiet. Found a nice spot I Warren National Park called Draftys Camp. Tried our first river crossing on the Heartbreak Trail over Warren River. HOOKED! Almost over to Adelaide now. Such an epic journey and beautiful coast 😊

Avo
23rd December 2015, 07:21 PM
ah buger i live only 6 km from draftys andther guys i work for just bought the farm as you come out of heartbreak trail...glad you guys are travelling well..hope you nad your lovely have a gtreat christmas

threedogs
23rd December 2015, 07:24 PM
Yeah stay safe have a great xmas /new year and dont forget some pics
we love pics lol
Want an Epic walk just park the Patrol and follow No.1 hwy lol

soublier
24th December 2015, 02:45 PM
Cheers mates! Merry Christmas to all!