PDA

View Full Version : GU Ute Wheels

Barra1
3rd December 2015, 06:29 PM
hey guys,
trying to track down some GU Ute wheels (steel) with the oval shaped cutouts NOT the trapezoid cutout. I am at my wits end, no-one seemms to know where I can get them. After rims only, they are 16 x 8, but will buy worn tires if required.

Thanks in Advance

Barra

Clunk
3rd December 2015, 06:36 PM
I know Dynamic do the D shape, triangular and circle cut outs but not sure about the oval

Nightjar
4th December 2015, 09:55 AM
Too bad you are on the other side of the rock, have spares laying around in my shed.

Barra1
5th December 2015, 02:48 PM
Chunk, yeah I tried these guys but do not do a cutout the same as the original ute wheels - bugger

Barra1
5th December 2015, 02:49 PM
ya teasing me ya sod:tease:

threedogs
7th December 2015, 08:40 AM
Hey Barra can you put a pic of what you're after,
original ute wheels are split rims arent they??
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Set-of-5-Nissan-Patrol-GU-Black-Wheel-Rims-6-Stud-16-X-8-/111687801396?hash=item1a011c9a34:g:j~cAAOSwstxVE48 J

Nightjar
7th December 2015, 10:02 AM
They GU wagon wheels, the ST coil cab ute wheels have convex cut out.
The leaf sprung has split rims.

Barra1
12th December 2015, 07:57 PM
Actually Nightjar the ones with the oval shaped cutout are GU Ute, either coil or leaf, and the ones with "convex" or trapezoid or segment (however we want to describe it) are off the wagon. The ones I was after are off the Ute. They are stronger and rated at 1250 kgs

Nightjar
12th December 2015, 08:34 PM
Don't want to argue Barra but I thought the "oval" shape was "convex" or should we say "concave?"
Anyway what ever it is I know what rims you are looking for because I have a GU Coil Cab.
I bought my spare set from the Nissan dealer here, (4 X rims = $200.00) they were traded in when they were upgraded to aluminium. May be a long shot but worth a try?

Cheers buddy, good luck with your search.

the evil twin
12th December 2015, 09:53 PM
I always thought the easiest way to tell Ute from Wagon was (ignoring the split rims which are standard on the leafies) was...
Ute - ST (standard) and DX (optioned for ST 8 inch wheel pack) steelies had 6 cutouts.
Wagon - DX wagon steelies had 8 cutouts.
IE the factory rims are totally different between Ute and Wagon.

I also thought in the 16x8 world of Factory '6 cutout' steel rims...
The Trapezoidal were early series Nissan
The Oval cutouts were later series Nissan
The Triangular cutouts were POS Prado crap

Happy to be wrong for about the 14th time today tho....
and not that any of that helps 'cause I live around the corner from Nightjar so wrong side of the rock for me too

Barra1
16th December 2015, 04:40 PM
Guys - have decided to go with the trapezoidal shaped cutout as it was becoming too hard to find the rims with oval or ovoidal shaped cutout. Plenty of the former availible & got some locally which made it easier anyway.

Cheers & have a great Xmas,

Barra