PDA

View Full Version : Good 4wd courses around Melbourne?

Pietzki
21st November 2015, 11:27 PM
Hi everybody,

I am just wondering if anybody can recommend any good 4WD courses around the Melbourne area? I'm pretty new to four wheel driving, so I am looking for an introduction covering vehicle safety and recovery, driving techniques etc

I've had a look online, but with so much choice I find it's often best to ask people.

Cheers

katwoman
22nd November 2015, 03:11 AM
Go on a trip with the guys from here. They are not 'accredited' or anything, but I think you'd learn heaps more from them, and most are pretty great guys.
But I'm sure someone here has done courses in Melb. I dont remember who ?

Fwdpatrol
22nd November 2015, 06:45 AM
Hi everybody,

I am just wondering if anybody can recommend any good 4WD courses around the Melbourne area? I'm pretty new to four wheel driving, so I am looking for an introduction covering vehicle safety and recovery, driving techniques etc

I've had a look online, but with so much choice I find it's often best to ask people.

Cheers

Give 4 WD Victoria a call learn from the experts

Pietzki
22nd November 2015, 01:58 PM
thanks for the suggestions!

threedogs
22nd November 2015, 02:00 PM
What side of town are you on plenty of clubs around that offer acreditted courses.

Bacho86
22nd November 2015, 03:45 PM
Check out PNL if you're looking for an accredited driver training course . I've only heard of these guys through my dads 4wd club, never done one of their courses myself before though. The run days out of a property called "Valley Farm" near Narbethong

http://www.pnl4wd.com.au/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

threedogs
22nd November 2015, 03:51 PM
Drop Simon an email from 4WD TV ,he'll be able to sort you out

oddkid82
22nd November 2015, 04:18 PM
Hi everybody,

Cheers

Hey. I am with a 4wd club called yarra valley 4wd club. We have a club meeting at lilydale lake there is a hall down there. The meetings are every second Tuesday of the month at 8pm. If you join the club you get a free 4wd traning, which is held at a property in tallarook. The course is done by 4wd victoria trainers which are club members.

Hodge
22nd November 2015, 04:36 PM
Nissan 4wd club also put on a good training course.

Tapatalked from S6

AB
22nd November 2015, 06:39 PM
Nissan 4wd club also put on a good training course. Tapatalked from S6 x2 on this club.

They all chipped in and bought a property for the club that they converted into a 4wd training camp with communal shack for camping and cooking etc.

Very well organised bunch over there!

JME_GU
23rd November 2015, 12:57 PM
The cheapest option is to join a club that provides training. The clubs often charge a joining fee but this is really cheap when compared to a training course. The club I joined (unfortunately not in Victoria) was $200 joining fee and $50 per year which included a three day introduction training, I have since done courses on winching, water crossing, sand driving, advanced recovery, etc. They even run courses on using off-road navigation software and remote first aid.