MudRunnerTD
14th November 2015, 09:05 PM
Ya killing me!!!!

Stropp
14th November 2015, 10:56 PM
Would love to go mate maybe 2017 to give everyone time to get organised 😁👍

FNQGU
15th November 2015, 09:50 AM
I'd be keen too. Doing the Kimberley's in July and then fishing on the Cape again in Nov, but would also consider it for 2017.

megatexture
17th November 2015, 09:20 PM
I would love to!! 2017 may work also I'd just have to convince the missus haha.

What hoops would we need to jump through so we could possibly do the whole track..

liftlid
18th November 2015, 09:03 AM
I would love to!! 2017 may work also I'd just have to convince the missus haha. What hoops would we need to jump through so we could possibly do the whole track.. You need a permit form central land council and permission from station owner, you don't usually get camps 3,4 and 23,24 I think

Stropp
18th November 2015, 06:24 PM
You need a permit form central land council and permission from station owner, you don't usually get camps 3,4 and 23,24 I think

Mudrunner has done it so he will know the ins and outs :)

Winnie
18th November 2015, 06:43 PM
Mudrunner has done it so he will know the ins and outs :)
So has Gary! He was on the trip with mudrunner

King_ady1
18th November 2015, 07:11 PM
Something I have always wanted to do... Just scared of how much prep ode need to do... Would 12-16 months be long enough?? I don't think I would ever have the $$ to make it :eek:

Especially that the Mrs wants to go over seas traveling next year :( oh life's troubles :(

King_ady1
18th November 2015, 07:15 PM
But on that note... Anyone have a good idea on recommended spares, fuel, water, gas, other things to take??

MudRunnerTD
18th November 2015, 09:16 PM
I used 210lts in my GUIV TD42Ti

Liftlid did most of the leg work in terms of permit applications for our trip and his info is on the money. Camp 3 & 4 are restricted and you will most likely not get access there.

It is an amazing trip and one that has been fairly heavily travelled in the last few years. There are a few options and TPC also has done the Madigan.

Very happy to pass on knowledge and I'd love to do it again but there are a couple of other trips like CSR that I'm real keen to point at in the next couple of years too.

AB
18th November 2015, 09:44 PM
How many days do you allow just on the Madigan line itself?

MudRunnerTD
18th November 2015, 09:59 PM
I think we took 8 days to cross. The second half was very hard going. If I was going to do it again I would go east west for the challenge but it is plenty tough enough west to east I assure you.

MudRunnerTD
18th November 2015, 10:01 PM
5 vehicles is a full trip IMO

TPC
18th November 2015, 10:03 PM
I did it in 2010, we had planned to take 7 days to get from Mt Dare to Birdsville but we ended up taking 11 days because it flooded and we could not get past Eyre Creek.
It was the best desert trip we have done even though we were eating our emergency canned food for the last couple of days.
Punctures are very common, between 5 cars we had 13 punctures, fortunately we were able to repair all but 1 ourselves.

TPC
18th November 2015, 10:04 PM
5 vehicles is a full trip IMO

Agree with that, have any more and it takes too long.

BigRAWesty
18th November 2015, 10:20 PM
Maybe have the keen as bloke do east west and the rest do west east lol. Meet in the middle..

I'm really itching to do a big trip. Next year is booked out so 2017 may work

Stropp
18th November 2015, 10:26 PM
Very happy to pass on knowledge and I'd love to do it again but there are a couple of other trips like CSR that I'm real keen to point at in the next couple of years too.

I would be keen on the csr as well Darren ������

Stropp
18th November 2015, 10:28 PM
So has Gary! He was on the trip with mudrunner

Oh well how was I to know being way over here 🙃

Avo
18th November 2015, 10:49 PM
I would be keen on the csr as well Darren ������

well why didn't you say that top start with.....

Stropp
18th November 2015, 10:58 PM
well why didn't you say that top start with.....

Gotta keep everyone guessing 🤗

BigRAWesty
19th November 2015, 02:26 PM
I would be keen on the csr as well Darren 😁🚙🍻
Yep either or too

megatexture
19th November 2015, 06:07 PM
You need a permit form central land council and permission from station owner, you don't usually get camps 3,4 and 23,24 I think

It would be worthwhile trying to try and get the full trip imo.

Darren on your trip did you try to contact the land council or assumed it was going to be a no anyway?

I wonder what it would take to get permission and at what cost.

MudRunnerTD
19th November 2015, 06:15 PM

It would be worthwhile trying to try and get the full trip imo.

Darren on your trip did you try to contact the land council or assumed it was going to be a no anyway?

I wonder what it would take to get permission and at what cost.

Gary did teh permit applications for me and you would be very very lucky to get Camp 3 & 4 but it really doent affect your trip too much to be honest. it is simply off the chart.