PDA

View Full Version : What do you do with your old camping gear

threedogs
8th November 2015, 11:13 AM
Just wondering what ppl do with there old camping gear,
over the years you up date and up grade your gear as
new technologly allows. I have versa and Piranha lights
sitting around plus heaps of other gear.
Just wondering if it would be worth while having a Forum car boot sale.??
I would never get rid of my camp ovens though lol

mudski
8th November 2015, 11:27 AM
I did a big clean out a few years back and put the lot on Ebay and said it was for free and to NOT bid on the items and for the first person to message me gets the lot.
No surprise people dont read, or cant and i was getting bids. So i just canceled their bids. They message me asking why and i just repsonded to RTFM. Lol
Anyhow one guy messaged and came to pick up the stuff. He was so appreciative as he got burged about 6 months prior to this, and when the assessors came out they didnt bother checking his shed. He only realised that all his camping gear was gone when he needed it.
The guy gave me a tatts ticket, and i got bux out of it.
So either i chuck stuff on ebay and give it away or i use melbourne freecycle website.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Bigcol
8th November 2015, 01:12 PM
thats a good question TD,
I have a shed full of stuff accumulated over the years

might have to dig it out one day and do what mudski said..........
dunno about flebay
but gumtree maybe.............

mudski
8th November 2015, 05:58 PM
thats a good question TD,
I have a shed full of stuff accumulated over the years

might have to dig it out one day and do what mudski said..........
dunno about flebay
but gumtree maybe.............
Gumtree is owned by fleabay. Gumtree is where the dodgys hang out though. Lol.

Check out freecycle.org. great place to give away any unwanted stuff.

Woof
8th November 2015, 06:09 PM
We had our kerbside pickup about a month ago, a couple with young kids stopped to see what I was throwing out, got talking to them and they wanted to take the kids camping but could not afford the gear....................gave the enough stuff for their 1st camping trip.
I was going to sell it but I felt good giving it to them for nothing, kids were so excited..

LaughingBeagles
8th November 2015, 07:50 PM
Nice work Tuppa and very generous mate. Sorry I missed you at the WPC stand today, I should have introduced myself when you were chatting to. Clunk etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Woof
8th November 2015, 08:05 PM
Nice work Tuppa and very generous mate. Sorry I missed you at the WPC stand today, I should have introduced myself when you were chatting to. Clunk etc.

We did meet Pete.........................am I that easy to forget mate, or is it just like most people they just want to forget meeting me.....hahahahahaha

MudRunnerTD
8th November 2015, 08:15 PM
We did meet Pete.........................am I that easy to forget mate, or is it just like most people they just want to forget meeting me.....hahahahahaha

Nah your just a scary dude!!!

LaughingBeagles
8th November 2015, 08:48 PM
It's the forum name thing mate, I tend to forget who is called what! Mate, so embarrassed, and I apologise.

Woof
8th November 2015, 09:06 PM
It's the forum name thing mate, I tend to forget who is called what! Mate, so embarrassed, and I apologise.

All good Pete, I am called lots of things everywhere mate....hahahahahaha

RedRoadRunner
15th December 2015, 07:40 PM
I horde it like a fiend, then eventually offer it to mates who have all bought newer better stuff than me anyway!

I think I've left a swag in every state.

NigeP62
15th December 2015, 08:11 PM
I never threw anything away.
Had intended to pass it on to my eldest but he moved to WA and bought a Landcruiser so might be time for a clearout.

RedRoadRunner
15th December 2015, 08:50 PM
bought a Landcruiser

Did you cut him from the will?

NigeP62
15th December 2015, 08:53 PM
Did you cut him from the will?

He's the father of my, currently, only grandchild so I keep him hanging on.