PDA

View Full Version : ARB Blow Gun

LaughingBeagles
25th October 2015, 11:33 AM
Hi Everyone.

Stopped by my local ARB stockist (a great young guy Jason at Westcoast 4wd Centre in Clarkson (http://westcoast4wdcentre.com.au)) and he tells me that ARB do not sell their air blower separately - only with the twin tank kit.

He suggested I stop by Air Tools WA who should have an adaptor to convert an ARB coupler to a standard 10mm..... they don't..... dagnamit....

So to my question, does any either (a) have a spare ARB air blower / air gun that they might sell or (b) know of any one who might stock them? Only looking to use it to blow dust in an emergency on the track (eg air filter - yes, I know, you're not supposed to but but after a recent trip where most of it was spent eating the dust of 10 cars in front, it would be useful).

I purchased a few bits for a few dollars from Air Tools WA with the view to converting the ARB kit to standard, but to be honest, I would rather get the air gun if possible.

Pete

4bye4
25th October 2015, 11:37 AM
Hi Everyone.

Stopped by my local ARB stockist (a great young guy Jason at Westcoast 4wd Centre in Clarkson (http://westcoast4wdcentre.com.au)) and he tells me that ARB do not sell their air blower separately - only with the twin tank kit.

He suggested I stop by Air Tools WA who should have an adaptor to convert an ARB coupler to a standard 10mm..... they don't..... dagnamit....

So to my question, does any either (a) have a spare ARB air blower / air gun that they might sell or (b) know of any one who might stock them? Only looking to use it to blow dust in an emergency on the track (eg air filter - yes, I know, you're not supposed to but but after a recent trip where most of it was spent eating the dust of 10 cars in front, it would be useful).

I purchased a few bits for a few dollars from Air Tools WA with the view to converting the ARB kit to standard, but to be honest, I would rather get the air gun if possible.

Pete

Don't know the answer Pete, but it might be worth checking with Enzed or Pirtek for airline fittings.

threedogs
25th October 2015, 11:37 AM
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/AIR-DUST-BLOWER-GUN-SET-COMPRESSOR-DUSTER-BLOWING-BLOW-TOOLS-FITTINGS-AIRTOOL-/201227114672?hash=item2eda1218b0:g:LG8AAOSwnDxUdYg r

Is this what you're after

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Gun-Grip-Air-Blower-Gun-Duster-Blower-Clean-Up-Tool-WS-/221795943700?hash=item33a4118514:g:3zgAAOSwKrhVdWn E

LaughingBeagles
25th October 2015, 11:40 AM
Thanks lads. 3D nice find mate (as always) - would never have guessed that fitted an ARB socket!

Winnie
25th October 2015, 11:43 AM
I was just reading last night that ARB use a European standard air fitting. You can get adaptors for them from Bunnings

LaughingBeagles
25th October 2015, 11:46 AM
I spent a bunch of time reading up about the same thing this morning Winnie. I might take my bits to Bunnings and see what I can do - just thought that for the sake of one item, I might ask first (I don't have an air tank so it has limited uses).

Hodge
25th October 2015, 12:18 PM
I was just reading last night that ARB use a European standard air fitting. You can get adaptors for them from Bunnings

Yep. It's about $4, from memory.

LaughingBeagles
25th October 2015, 01:38 PM
Just got back from Bunnings - no joy (found some that were close, but no cigar). Waiting for Masters to open and will try that. Failing all that, I will go for the Fleebay special pointed out by 3D.

threedogs
25th October 2015, 01:43 PM

I would prefer an adaptor that most have like those Nitto fitting .
Not point having something in case you need it but cant use because you have different fittings.
Not one of ARB's better moves IMO, not everyone buys their gear
Twin barb and single barb Jamac fittings didnt allow as much air flow as the Nitto

Super cheap should sell them

LaughingBeagles
25th October 2015, 01:50 PM
They were some of the bits I bought from Air Tools WA. A barbed jobby to convert my ARB to a standard 1/4" fitting, which would just mean having to have the male into the compressor female at one end and a standard fitting at the other.

Just thought that if I could avoid hacking my ARB hose to bits to fit the barbed female coupling, I might save potential issues.

EDIT: And I agree - a dumb move by ARB.

threedogs
25th October 2015, 02:02 PM
Sorta like Holden with the Rodeo towbar the put the hole 4mm off centre so you had to buy OE
I think most would use 10mm air hose

LaughingBeagles
25th October 2015, 02:57 PM
Exactly. Off to super cheap in a sec. Will see how I go there.

LaughingBeagles
25th October 2015, 03:57 PM
SOLVED....

Ok, I have to fess up for being a dope when I said Bunnings didn't have anything. I solved the prob but need to explain. I tracked off to Bunnings and took my spare ARB female coupler along as a test. When I got there, I grabbed the "Charge Air Style" and with the help of the guy, sliced it open to see if the female fit into the male. it didn't.... if you look closely, you will see that the ARB Male is about 1mm longer and so try as I might, it would not force....

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w254/BattleScoob/IMG_0682.jpg

Hence my post above that it was close by no cigar.

I trundled off to Masters, they only had Nitto style fittings and then off to Super Cheap, who similarly only had Nitto. As I was leaving feeling peeved with the whole thing, I realised that the ARB fitting was a touch long but that would mean the "Charge" fitting would surely fit its male into the ARB Female. So off I went and took my ARB hose with me and..... it fits.... DOH!!!

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w254/BattleScoob/IMG_0681.jpg

That will teach me for not thinking something through using the commonsense-o-meter first....

nissannewby
25th October 2015, 04:27 PM
Last one arb compressor I fitted a bsp manifold to it and ised nitto fittings.

MudRunnerTD
25th October 2015, 04:31 PM
Last one arb compressor I fitted a bsp manifold to it and ised nitto fittings.

Yeah what he did!!

The first thing I did was strip off the ARB fitting and swap out with what I use on everything. You would do the same with any new air tool you buy. Make it fit your system , don't waste money making your system fit the tool;)