PDA

View Full Version : Price of ARB swag

liftlid
14th October 2015, 10:47 AM
I was just quoted $615 for a double skydome swag at our local ARB. That seamed a bit much to me has anyone seen similar prices?
I think they were $450 at the 4x4 show?

taslucas
14th October 2015, 11:28 AM
"seamed..." get it!? Boom boom!! Haha.

Is your heart set on an arb swag?
Have a look at these... Made in Australia and very good quality.
I have a deluxe single.
http://www.techniice.com/camping-gear/swags.html

tappin from tassie

threedogs
14th October 2015, 11:47 AM
I have a brand new king single Ive never used you can have for $100. if interested

taslucas
14th October 2015, 12:16 PM
I think he might be after a double?

tappin from tassie

liftlid
14th October 2015, 03:22 PM
I have a brand new king single Ive never used you can have for $100. if interested
Hmm might fix my problem anyway, it's the ARB is it?

Sir Roofy
14th October 2015, 03:35 PM
I was just quoted $615 for a double skydome swag at our local ARB. That seamed a bit much to me has anyone seen similar prices?
I think they were $450 at the 4x4 show?

We got 2 singles for 300 each about 10months ago a good swag like them a lot
got them from 4x4 arb stand at Warragul expo

Hodge
14th October 2015, 03:41 PM
Lover my arb swag ! The double one is huge. A lot of real estate inside.

Sent from my SM-T705Y using Tapatalk

liftlid
14th October 2015, 03:44 PM
I need a double swag for me and wife or another single so we have a swag each

threedogs
14th October 2015, 04:01 PM
I think mine is 115cm wide as I brought to use the mattress in my camper, and never did.
Havent had a good look at it but its canvas with ykk zips, its not ARB not sure of brand.

its a fawn colour

taslucas
14th October 2015, 08:50 PM
Lover my arb swag ! The double one is huge. A lot of real estate inside.

Sent from my SM-T705Y using Tapatalk
No cuddles?

tappin from tassie

mudski
14th October 2015, 08:50 PM
450 would be a steal for an arb one.
We want to get either two doubles, sell my darche double, or get an RV5. Just for those quick overnighters.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Maxhead
14th October 2015, 08:53 PM
450 would be a steal for an arb one.
We want to get either two doubles, sell my darche double, or get an RV5. Just for those quick overnighters.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
RV5 all the way mate. It's a winner

Hodge
14th October 2015, 08:54 PM
No cuddles?

tappin from tassie

Room for a lot of cuddles in the double one.... :bananarock:

Hodge
14th October 2015, 08:55 PM

This is where I am headed my self..... Going for a rv4 though. Obviously horses for course with family etc... But last getaway, I was half way through setting up my ARB awning and swag, my mate had the rv4 up, it's awning setup and sitting in a chair cracking a cold one... They are good !!

Maxhead
14th October 2015, 09:00 PM
This is where I am headed my self..... Going for a rv4 though. Obviously horses for course with family etc... But last getaway, I was half way through setting up my ARB awning and swag, my mate had the rv4 up, it's awning setup and sitting in a chair cracking a cold one... They are good !!

Yeah, they are big and quick. Difficult to carry around but worth every cent IMO

Hodge
14th October 2015, 09:02 PM
Yeah, they are big and quick. Difficult to carry around but worth every cent IMO

Yeah packed up length is a tad big, but worth it. Definitely need a roof rack for it.

threedogs
15th October 2015, 08:50 AM
Rays have a sale on ATM with a Boab double swag going for $449 each
@ Hodge they also have the RV5 at $1099

mudski
15th October 2015, 10:15 AM

My only issue is, with the swags we have the beds already made up in the swags and they are rolled up on the roof rack. So this means no bedding stored in the car. With the RV tents, I don't think you can do this. Meaning all the sleeping gear needs to be store in the car. Unless I'm incorrect about it.

mudski
15th October 2015, 10:16 AM
Rays have a sale on ATM with a Boab double swag going for $449 each
@ Hodge they also have the RV5 at $1099

Yeah we borrowed a mates Boab double for Moreton Island. I though I was comfy in my 15yo Darche.... So we though two of these for around 1k or spend a little more for the RV...

Edit... Sorry Gary for the thread steal. any updates on your choice?

liftlid
15th October 2015, 11:23 AM
No update, had a feeling the dealer was pricing them higher than normal anybody else had a price?

taslucas
15th October 2015, 11:49 AM
Did you look at that link I posted Gary?

tappin from tassie

TheFlyingBadger
15th October 2015, 01:28 PM
Have a look at these... Made in Australia ....

nope. made in China. It's a knock off of the Burke & Wills

EDIT - that being said, we're a 3 swag family..

I've got a B&W Coolibah
The boy has a techniice single, it's very very similar to the B&W - but with a PVC base rather than canvas
we have a Techniice double too for me and the missus (for when we are sans RTT)

The Techniice ones are pretty good TBH, especially for half the price of the B&W.

threedogs
15th October 2015, 01:42 PM
@ Lift Lid if youre ever up Airport west way, TJM in Matthews Ave have
a huge selection of swags in their equally huge showroom, { all the main players }

mudski
15th October 2015, 01:55 PM

I couldn't find anywhere saying they are made in China. But everything comes out of china these days....

TheFlyingBadger
15th October 2015, 03:20 PM
I couldn't find anywhere saying they are made in China. But everything comes out of china these days....

These Australian Designed Jungle Reef Swags

Not that there's anything wrong with them just because they're chinese made; as i said they are a good swag, time will tell if they are as long lasting as a Aussie made one.

mudski
15th October 2015, 03:24 PM
[/FONT][/COLOR]Not that there's anything wrong with them just because they're chinese made; as i said they are a good swag, time will tell if they are as long lasting as a Aussie made one.

Aight! Nice pickup....
My double Darche I have I bought direct from their factory here when they made them here. Still like new it is. But I'm a hot sleeper and even when I slept in it and the outside temp was below zero, I was in my jocks and sweating my guts out. So I think its time for me to either upgrade to a dome style, or go an RV.

threedogs
15th October 2015, 03:29 PM
My first swag I brought from Elders stock agents in Alice springs , for $120 back in 1981.
still going strong on top of the stretcher today, good tough 15oz green canvas lol

Noticed the latest stlye swag allows the both sides to lift up, a mod in Shepparton made them
I had a mate make me a similar one years ago,

Sir Roofy
15th October 2015, 04:38 PM
My first swag while mustering cattle in the out back was a green canvas wrap warm as toast on frosty nights
nothing like they are today,cant beat a good canvas aye john

threedogs
15th October 2015, 04:50 PM
so true plus it had two thick leather straps to hold it all together,
Elders stock agents was the mob I brought mine from not Dalgetty's

I have a Darche as well but not a big fan of those "top loaders" with the loops

Chubba
15th October 2015, 08:09 PM
Forget the swag. thing of the past. pop up tents are the future.
http://www.instanttents.com/shop/two-person-instant-tent-euro
This puppies up in 30sec. just like an umbrella.

taslucas
16th October 2015, 07:32 AM

EDIT - that being said, we're a 3 swag family..

I've got a B&W Coolibah
The boy has a techniice single, it's very very similar to the B&W - but with a PVC base rather than canvas
we have a Techniice double too for me and the missus (for when we are sans RTT)

The Techniice ones are pretty good TBH, especially for half the price of the B&W.
Ahh.. Right... Yeah i was under the impression that they were made here but as you said I guess most things are import now. Mine is the deluxe single and I reckon it's pretty good. I've slept in rain and not had a leak and I really like the pvc base.
I imagine the arb ones are probably made in China too?

tappin from tassie

MudRunnerTD
16th October 2015, 09:29 AM
Forget the swag. thing of the past. pop up tents are the future.
http://www.instanttents.com/shop/two-person-instant-tent-euro
This puppies up in 30sec. just like an umbrella.

Have to agree with this. I have a double and a single swag and like them. The double is great for Zach and I to share although he is now big enough for his own.

Also have an instant tent. Thrown in the air and it lands set up! Wicked. Instant! Pouring rain? No probs. instant shelter.

If your going to buy stretchers and setup the swag on top then great but if your rolling out on the ground the the instant win is a winner. Your preferred mattress in side. And it's a winner.

MudRunnerTD
16th October 2015, 09:37 AM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2015/10/196.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk cause AB turned it back on!!

BigRAWesty
16th October 2015, 10:21 AM
My first and only swag is a custom one made by a bloke back over home.
My best mate, my brother, his mate and I all got them for our 16th..
All are king singles with a bit more length.
Pvc base and 18oz canvas top. Mesh one end so you can tie it up and have ventilation.
The mattress needs replacing but it's still in awesome condition..

liftlid
16th October 2015, 11:05 AM
Did you look at that link I posted Gary? tappin from tassie
Yes good looking swag
I'm looking for a swag with the 2 side openings and I like the lack of guy ropes

threedogs
16th October 2015, 01:41 PM
This is the latest style much better than those old "top Loaders"
they would be great on a balmy night.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/KING-SINGLE-SWAG-THE-AUSSIE-BIG-BOY-FREE-STANDING-2100mm-X-1100mm-X-850mm-/121628759760?hash=item1c51a396d0:m:mWTeE-ql7_Y-H5uLCj2XiRA
If I needed a new swag Id buy this one in a heart beat

My mate made me one similar about 20 yrs ago but with shade cloth

Clunk
16th October 2015, 04:15 PM
This is the latest style much better than those old "top Loaders"
they would be great on a balmy night

ttp://www.ebay.com.au/itm/KING-SINGLE-SWAG-THE-AUSSIE-BIG-BOY-FREE-STANDING-2100mm-X-1100mm-X-850mm-/121628759760?hash=item1c51a396d0:m:mWTeE-ql7_Y-H5uLCj2XiRA
If I needed a new swag Id buy this one in a heart beat

Need to fix the link TD..... looks like the h is missing at the start

the evil twin
16th October 2015, 04:25 PM
snip...

Need to fix the link TD..... looks like the h is missing at the start

I was more curious what good a Swag made out of shade cloth would be to anyone... at midnight... in the rain...

(Yes,yes, I know I am being a smartarse but it's Friday)

threedogs
16th October 2015, 04:29 PM
It has a pvc base then shade cloth on both sides and canvas to cover the lot.
When I did use it just put both canvas sides up like a verandah, never got to
use it in the rain, but a very warm swag imo
No-see em mesh was not available at the time ,not even thought of

Clunk
16th October 2015, 05:44 PM
Rays Outdoors have another sale on the Boab and Wild country swags and other bits n pieces at the mo

threedogs
16th October 2015, 06:09 PM
Scroll down this link there is a King size domed swag for just over $200

http://us6.campaign-archive2.com/?u=3c5726f9f373d4b4b576bfcaa&id=b86a9c6deb&e=f3d921a166

liftlid
16th October 2015, 07:23 PM
Scroll down this link there is a King size domed swag for just over $200 http://us6.campaign-archive2.com/?u=3c5726f9f373d4b4b576bfcaa&id=b86a9c6deb&e=f3d921a166
Currently unavailable

liftlid
21st October 2015, 10:36 AM
Got a price from another ARB dealer of $635.
Didn't realise the dealers pricing wasn't consistent

threedogs
21st October 2015, 10:38 AM
Did you want an ARB one for any reason???

liftlid
21st October 2015, 10:55 AM
Did you want an ARB one for any reason???
Na just like some of the features, did try to order a kings but they are unavailable at the moment
Features I like are.
Tapered at feet(pack smaller)
Door each side
No ropes
It's just for when the missus is with me as I have my single for boys trips

Winnie
21st October 2015, 11:04 AM
Na just like some of the features, did try to order a kings but they are unavailable at the moment
Features I like are.
Tapered at feet(pack smaller)
Door each side
No ropes
It's just for when the missus is with me as I have my single for boys trips

We just bought a Kings one and I was seriously impressed with the quality of it. I know it's not a brand we should support but for the price I could not go past it.
It's much better quality than the Aussie made single swag I have.

Sprock
21st October 2015, 11:12 AM
Hey threedogs do you still have that swag for sale ?

liftlid
21st October 2015, 11:22 AM
We just bought a Kings one and I was seriously impressed with the quality of it. I know it's not a brand we should support but for the price I could not go past it. It's much better quality than the Aussie made single swag I have.
Popular too. Been out of stock for a month

AGman
31st March 2016, 09:00 PM
I realise the thread is a bit old but I thought I'd give everyone a heads up on the promo for ARB swags (http://www.arb.com.au/products/fridges-camping-accessories/tents-and-swags/) going at the moment.

Goes through to April 9th by the looks of it. Got myself a single recently and am quite happy with it.

Cuppa
31st March 2016, 10:07 PM
Yeah packed up length is a tad big, but worth it. Definitely need a roof rack for it.

Not if you have an an ex Telstra pod. :) The left hand under tray compartment is the perfect fit ......... well it is for our RV3.

I liked the design/ease of putting up the OzTents but having seen two display tents in different shops with holes worn in them I was a bit dubious about their long term durability. Googling brought up examples which compounded my concerns.

BUT THEN ..... I managed to score a virtually unused (had been briefly put up in a garden as a children's playtent once & never used again) original Oztent (RV3 size) made of real canvas, not the ripstop stuff they use now.

As yet we have only put it up once to check it out. Is like brand new & for under half price of buying new I can live with the crap colour.

threedogs
1st April 2016, 01:45 PM
Not if you have an an ex Telstra pod. :) The left hand under tray compartment is the perfect fit ......... well it is for our RV3.

I liked the design/ease of putting up the OzTents but having seen two display tents in different shops with holes worn in them I was a bit dubious about their long term durability. Googling brought up examples which compounded my concerns.

BUT THEN ..... I managed to score a virtually unused (had been briefly put up in a garden as a children's playtent once & never used again) original Oztent (RV3 size) made of real canvas, not the ripstop stuff they use now.

As yet we have only put it up once to check it out. Is like brand new & for under half price of buying new I can live with the crap colour.

Its after 12 trying to figure out the ARB connection lol

Hodge
1st April 2016, 08:51 PM

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=65834&stc=1

I saw one of them setup once and from a distance I thought it was a copy as it had the shape but not the color. But then I saw the logo... Canvas was definitely thicker than the current range.

Cuppa
1st April 2016, 09:09 PM
Its after 12 trying to figure out the ARB connection lol

Bit 'under the weather' today John?

Hint: If you want to know the context try reading the quoted post to which I was responding to, & the other posts which led to the quote.

Clunk
1st April 2016, 10:01 PM
Bit 'under the weather' today John?

Hint: If you want to know the context try reading the quoted post to which I was responding to, & the other posts which led to the quote.
That would be way too easy...... maybe you should put up a link [emoji12]