PDA

View Full Version : Go to first new post

GUte
4th April 2011, 04:55 PM
Im running firefox and every time I click the first new post button, it usually takes me to the opening post or somewhere in the middle of the thread.

I am always logged in and cant think of anything else that could be causing it, anyone else experience this?

growler2058
4th April 2011, 04:57 PM
Try the whats new button mate and see if that does any different. i only just found these buttons in the last couple a days........DER so your doin real well

AB
4th April 2011, 05:16 PM
Where's the "first new post" button?

I have seen this before....Whenever I click on the title of a post it sometimes takes me to a random page of the thread.

Like the Aussie Rules thread...It always takes me to a page in the middle of the thread somewhere.

I'm thinking that maybe when you click on the thread it takes you to the first page inside that thread that you haven't actually been to before?

So if you went to a thread that had 10 pages....You read 5 pages and next day clicked on the thread again it would take you to page 6 as it knows you havent been to that page yet.

Only just a guess....

NissanGQ4.2
4th April 2011, 05:39 PM
Are you talking about the "View First Unread button" not sure what that button does either because i'm sure the computer is not smart enough 2 know what i read last was *L*

GUte
4th April 2011, 06:51 PM
The 'Go to first new post' button is the little round circle to the left of the thread title, seen when you enter a forum section or when 'New Posts' is clicked

Pretty random!!

AB
4th April 2011, 07:15 PM
Ive never used that button...lol..Didn't even know it was there...haha

Yeah you'll be suprised Todd...When your on this forum it "caches" all of the sections youve gone into and knows which ones you haven't been into so it may very well remember which page's youv'e been on and haven't etc.

This is a very new forum software so you never know.

NissanGQ4.2
4th April 2011, 07:19 PM
will i'll b.....never ever pressed that button.....didn't even realise it was a button....

Mate not 100% but i think it takes you 2 the first post of the day, that's why you will find it goes into random parts of the thread.

Next time you go into a thread, just check 2 see if it does take you 2 the first post 4 that day....and let us know

Cheers Todd

NissanGQ4.2
4th April 2011, 07:31 PM
ok maybe not, was looking like it went 2 first post of the day..............now just doin random sh!t, maybe the forums drunk!

GUte
4th April 2011, 07:51 PM
well im glad its not me being drunk!! ahah

if all of the posts have been read, it should take you to the very last one, but it still takes me to wherever it wants!

NissanGQ4.2
4th April 2011, 08:05 PM
well im glad its not me being drunk!! ahah

if all of the posts have been read, it should take you to the very last one, but it still takes me to wherever it wants!

ok drunk 1, how does the computer know what post you have read????? and if i skip readin a post, what happens then????

growler2058
4th April 2011, 08:11 PM
if ya go to new posts under the home button on the red line itll take you to the latest posts since you logged on..........ithink or maybe since ya logged out.......maybe but i am drunk ahhahaahahahaha just push em all and see what happens HAH

NissanGQ4.2
4th April 2011, 08:18 PM
like ur way of thinking, pushing all buttons nowm,gval;sdmbv';lsdkmfb'msdf';bm'sdfmb'sdmfb';sdf mb'sdmfb'lsmd'f;bmsd'anfbg2 ergenb;skdnbs,

Sir Roofy
4th April 2011, 08:19 PM
Funny that never used that button before i always click on the title on the left or the blue arrow thingy on the right
apart from that never had a problem

AB
4th April 2011, 08:27 PM
Your computer or the forum or both know what pages you have visited, not what you have actually physically read but what pages youve been on.

Thats what cookies are...They store information like that on the computer so the forum should know what that username Todd has been to that page and hasnt seen that page..

I dunno, I'm lost now and It's my birthday and I'm drinking wine for crying out loud.....lol

growler2058
4th April 2011, 08:29 PM
like ur way of thinking, pushing all buttons nowm,gval;sdmbv';lsdkmfb'msdf';bm'sdfmb'sdmfb';sdf mb'sdmfb'lsmd'f;bmsd'anfbg2 ergenb;skdnbs,

Couldn't av said it betta meself hahahahhahha

NissanGQ4.2
4th April 2011, 08:33 PM
Your computer or the forum or both know what pages you have visited, not what you have actually physically read but what pages youve been on.

Thats what cookies are...They store information like that on the computer so the forum should know what that username Todd has been to that page and hasnt seen that page..

I dunno, I'm lost now and It's my birthday and I'm drinking wine for crying out loud.....lol

Common AB I know what cookies are................mmmmmmmmm me thinks i'll go eat 1 now

Drinkin wine!!!!!!.............i would rather go without, its got 2 be a sad day when 1 has 2 drink wine on there burf-day