PDA

View Full Version : Ex Telstra pods - aerial under dash

DX grunt
2nd October 2015, 01:10 PM
Hi Podders.

If anybody has removed all the ex Telstra wiring, could you please tell me what the little aerial on the l/h side of the glove box was used for?

TIA

Rossco

Cuppa
2nd October 2015, 01:38 PM
Dunno, pulled mine out. Wondered if it was for a phone but seemed like an odd location for that.............. in fact it seemed like an odd location for any aerial.

DX grunt
2nd October 2015, 01:41 PM
Dunno, pulled mine out. Wondered if it was for a phone but seemed like an odd location for that.............. in fact it seemed like an odd location for any aerial.

I thought I was being bugged. lol

Stropp
2nd October 2015, 02:09 PM
knowing telstra it would have been to keep track of the vehicle

Brissieboy
2nd October 2015, 02:42 PM
Probably a GPS tracking unit. They are usually placed somewhere under the dash with no metal between them and the sky (satellites), but hidden from users view. Post a photo as that may help identify it.

DX grunt
2nd October 2015, 05:19 PM
Probably a GPS tracking unit. They are usually placed somewhere under the dash with no metal between them and the sky (satellites), but hidden from users view. Post a photo as that may help identify it.

Sorry, but unable to.

Briss
2nd October 2015, 05:32 PM
I got one stuck on the upper L/H corner of the windscreen,I was wondering what that was!!!!!!!

the evil twin
2nd October 2015, 05:39 PM
I got one stuck on the upper L/H corner of the windscreen,I was wondering what that was!!!!!!!

That will more likely be mobile phone... no point having a vehicle tracker where the bad guy takes 1 second to snap the antenna off as he is knocking off the vehicle

dads tractor
2nd October 2015, 08:57 PM
Remote area tracking for duty of care of their workers ,they have a policy of two vehicles and one driver in each in remote areas eg Gunbarel ,Finke, Sandover ,Plenty etc . The sender will be in a place that if the vehicle has a major it will transmit regardless of the external damage.

abeeke
5th October 2015, 11:24 PM
Mine had the one under the dash in the LH side and the one on the windscreen, I removed all the wiring in one hit. Wondering if they had some fancy test equipment on board? As there was 3 or 4 computer esque looking cables I removed.

I've played around with vehicle trackers as used in trucks, and it's always been stuck on the windscreen