PDA

View Full Version : Tags

NissanGQ4.2
3rd April 2011, 09:27 PM
Hey AB, how do I add tags to a thread after i have already posted the thread, I can't seem 2 do it :(

NissanGQ4.2
3rd April 2011, 09:33 PM
All sorted now, finally worked out how 2 do it!

NissanGQ4.2
4th April 2011, 04:12 PM
ok can anybody explain what the tags are used for, my understanding of of tags was that when you done a search of a particular tagged word within the forum it returned that result first.

Did that just make sense?

Just say i made a tag in a thread........Colour Codes
When doing a search on Colour Codes, shouldn't my thread that has been tagged Colour codes be shown???

Are they used by Search Engines at all????

Cheers

Todd

growler2058
4th April 2011, 04:16 PM
MMMMMM as a completely illiterate computer mug i'd have to say NFI soory you lost me after OK hhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahaahha

AB
4th April 2011, 04:21 PM
Yeah I don't think it works with Google keyword search but it may do....The tags options on here are for keyword searches that you may not have put into the thread.

If I did a post about 3 large cats sitting on a fence I might want to put the below in the tags so people can find it as not everyone would call it 3 large cats...

Fat cats
cat broke fence
Fence broke because of fat cats
I don't know PHP very well which is how this sit is ran off but tags may very well be the same as a html website which uses meta tags that are hidden "tags" to show Google what the main keyword searches are for your site so this "tag" option may very well be useful for people doing keyword searches in Google.

Google picks up on our site within minutes these days which is very impressive.

Google picked up on the 4" snorkel build thread I did the other day within minutes of me posting it.

NissanGQ4.2
4th April 2011, 04:38 PM
Andy havn't you got better things 2 do on your b-day than answer forum question???? your 1 dedicated Admin...

Thanks for the reply, but is it suppose to work in the forum search???? No need 2 answer 2nite, enjoy your b-day!

I have no mention of the word colour other than the title in the thread I done yesterday http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?3518-GQ-Y60-Colour-Abbreviations-and-Description-From-Nissan-Fast. So i thought i would tag it with multiple tags one of them been....colour codes

But it does not return a result in the forum search......

me confused...me need a drink!

NissanGQ4.2
4th April 2011, 04:53 PM
just done a test

colour codes will not return a search result

yet

"colour codes" will return in the search results

go figure!

Maxhead
4th April 2011, 07:39 PM
just done a test

colour codes will not return a search result

yet

"colour codes" will return in the search results

go figure!

I get 3 results for colour codes
1 - tags
2 - GQ - Y60 Colour Abbreviations and Description From Nissan Fast
3 - colour codes

If thats what you testing..

NissanGQ4.2
4th April 2011, 07:49 PM
Thanks Kris, yeh mate that's what i am testing.... not sure why its picking it up now, but i did edit my post and added the word colour codes 2 the post.... have just taking it back out again so will wait a bit and test 2 see if it still picks it up.

Thanks for testin it out mate.

wildgu6
5th April 2011, 11:17 PM
Im with Growlers on this one, Have no idea even after reading the responses.... Oh well not knowing = not using