PDA

View Full Version : Gps Navigation Units

kurt0187
30th September 2015, 05:15 AM
Hi i have a nissan patrol gu 2010 that i need a reversing camera, gps satellite navigation and Bluetooth hands free talking function. looking for any advice or a suitable company with good reputation plz ?

Fwdpatrol
30th September 2015, 06:44 AM
I got an after market fitted Alpine hase those fetures

threedogs
30th September 2015, 06:46 AM
Not sure on the spelling but look on Ebay for double din head units EONON do an affordable unit.
I think I paid $300 for mine with all the bells and whistles. Had it in for awhile now with no probs,
the unit I had before packed it in after two years ,.
I even have tv, DVD,CD, USB, SD, AM/FM, DBT-TV, bluetooth, GPS,Mp3, so all bases covered lol
and reverse camera ready, plus a provision for an extra camera as well [2]

Fwdpatrol
30th September 2015, 06:46 AM

Photo attached

JME_GU
30th September 2015, 12:26 PM
I bought one of these:
http://ca-fi.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=162_173&product_id=409

It's basically an android tablet combined with a head unit, it will run any application that you can download from Google Play so you get a choice of navigation software, it updates whenever it connects to the home wifi. I'm using a reversing camera with it, the camera works well and the screen switches almost instantly (some brands require the head unit to fully start up before displaying the camera feed).

You can also get an optional dash cam and tyre pressure monitoring too. The dash cam is cheap and works well, the tyre pressure monitoring is expensive and I haven't tried it.

kurt0187
10th October 2015, 09:41 PM
thank you threedogs i also googled a few places and like the double din units.

kurt0187
10th October 2015, 09:55 PM
also thanks fwdpatrol and JME_GU for your useful advices and guideline, still not decided will check also your provided links and will do some more search.

Hodge
11th October 2015, 07:30 AM
I bought one of these:
http://ca-fi.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=162_173&product_id=409

It's basically an android tablet combined with a head unit, it will run any application that you can download from Google Play so you get a choice of navigation software, it updates whenever it connects to the home wifi. I'm using a reversing camera with it, the camera works well and the screen switches almost instantly (some brands require the head unit to fully start up before displaying the camera feed).

You can also get an optional dash cam and tyre pressure monitoring too. The dash cam is cheap and works well, the tyre pressure monitoring is expensive and I haven't tried it.

That is a very nice concept. I've been stung by cheapo China eBay units a few times and everytime I say, no more no more. But I like this....
How has the unit been so far ? Any bugs or faults yet ?
Something like this would suit my needs very well. Running Hema explorer through this in-car would be nice.

growler2058
11th October 2015, 06:06 PM
I ditched my garmin nuvi onto the blacktop at 110kmh stupid bastard of a thing

Luca009
14th October 2015, 11:06 PM
I have fitted Kenwood brand navigation unit from ppa car audio which has all the bells and whistles that I was looking for including navigation, Bluetooth, reversing camera for behind my car, connects to a reversing camera for my caravan , digital radio, normal radio, dvd, connects to steering buttons on steering wheel etc. I am satisfied with the product and service.|
link to their website:
http://www.ppacaraudio.com.au/index.php?route=product/category&path=60

kurt0187
24th October 2015, 08:21 PM
Thanks all of your great advices and opinions,
I ended up purchasing the Kenwood brand navigation unit with Bluetooth and reversing camera function and like it.

kurt0187
27th October 2015, 02:53 PM
Completed the installation of Gps navigation Unit with Bluetooth and reversing camera for behind my car. visit the ppa car audio in Melbourne, they were able to assist me were very knowledgeable and seemed to know what they were talking about.

here is a link to the unit I purchased:
http://www.ppacaraudio.com.au/index.php?route=product/category&path=60

overall, I must admit I am satisfied with what I have recived, every thing works like a well-oiled clock.I arranged to get the unit installed 1 day after calling the team at PPA, their professional came to my work , installed the whole lot in under 4 hours and left.
however all good and very pleased with the unit I am satisfied with the result.

JME_GU
27th October 2015, 07:31 PM
That is a very nice concept. I've been stung by cheapo China eBay units a few times and everytime I say, no more no more. But I like this....
How has the unit been so far ? Any bugs or faults yet ?
Something like this would suit my needs very well. Running Hema explorer through this in-car would be nice.

Yeah, I tried an ebay special, it went in the bin after a couple of months. I bought one for my wife's car and it works great. After about a year of use I bought a second one for the Patrol, both have been fantastic.

I had a bug with one unit when I first got it, but then realised I was an idiot and didn't follow the instructions. The only issue I have had is in setting up a 3G/4G dongle, I still haven't sorted out the problem but I have put very little effort into it as I don't really require mobile internet.

I am currently running Hema Explorer, it works well but I do miss the larger screen of a tablet.