PDA

View Full Version : GU IV and on Dash Bubbles

TimE
9th July 2010, 12:49 PM
Nissan have finally agreed to fix this problem that started with the GU IVs. There is a service campaign for the replacement dash and this does cover both parts and labor. So if your dash has acne go talk to your local Nissan dealer about getting it fixed for free!

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/07/6.jpg
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/07/7.jpg

Minx
9th July 2010, 01:13 PM
Nice work, thanks for letting us know.

Do you know why they were bubbling in GU IV's?

patch697
9th July 2010, 01:13 PM
Thanks for posting this information mate I sure there will be some interested ppl keen to sort this one out.

Cheers
Paul

patch697
9th July 2010, 01:17 PM
Nice work, thanks for letting us know.

Do you know why they were bubbling in GU IV's?

It was shotty manufacturing in from overseas company

Cheers
Paul

DX grunt
9th July 2010, 03:08 PM
A recall ??? I'll have to take a closer look - with a microscope. LOL

Minx
9th July 2010, 03:19 PM
A recall ??? I'll have to take a closer look - with a microscope. LOL

Or get the heat gun out....lol

MudRunnerTD
9th July 2010, 05:26 PM
Sorry do you mean they will fix it even if i am out of warranty?? Cause it is a shame mine started after the warranty finished???

patch697
9th July 2010, 05:47 PM
Sorry do you mean they will fix it even if i am out of warranty?? Cause it is a shame mine started after the warranty finished???

Thay are replacing the dash's as a recall & are going by VIN numbers so this will apply even if out of warranty . contact your local dealer & see if you qualify

Good of Nissan to release this info to the media???????

Cheers
Paul

MudRunnerTD
9th July 2010, 06:12 PM
Thay are replacing the dash's as a recall & are going by VIN numbers so this will apply even if out of warranty . contact your local dealer & see if you qualify

Good of Nissan to release this info to the media???????

Cheers
Paul

I have just spent the last 30 minute on google looking for any other mention of this on the internet via Nissan Australia, even ended up on a ford forum. lol

If this is true, and it bloody should be then line up behind me. There is a heap of guys with this problem..

Are you guys absolutely certain of this?? shame it is near 6pm or i would call now

TimE
9th July 2010, 06:20 PM
Are you guys absolutely certain of this?? shame it is near 6pm or i would call now

Yep positive, I have mine booked in to get done in a couple of weeks, no argument from Miss Nissan, just checked that my VIN was within the range covered, i.e. GU IVs and younger, unlimited Ks.

MudRunnerTD
9th July 2010, 06:23 PM
About bloody time too.

will be in there tomorrow to show them the great line of bubbles growing across my dash by the day

patch697
9th July 2010, 06:43 PM
I have just spent the last 30 minute on google looking for any other mention of this on the internet via Nissan Australia, even ended up on a ford forum. lol

If this is true, and it bloody should be then line up behind me. There is a heap of guys with this problem..

Got it direct from "Nizzbits" MR

patch697
9th July 2010, 07:05 PM
Here's a national recall site. Enter "Patrol" in the search window. There's a few there but couldn't see the dashboard recall??

http://www.recalls.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/952401

although this is a "recall" its not a national safety recall & as it doesn't come under a "safety recall" its only cosmetic thay don't have to publicize it but have agreed to replace faulty dash's (parts & labor).

As it turns out 1 in 3 seem to have this issue so I don't think Nissan had a choice.

Cheers
Paul

DX grunt
9th July 2010, 10:33 PM
Plasnart

The top of the website says Australian Product Safety Recall. Would that have anything to do with it?

patch697
9th July 2010, 10:55 PM
Out of interest, does anybody know what ratio of early ZD30's are having/have had heart trouble? They haven't recalled that design flaw. Maybe a bit too expensive for them to recall so they've lumped that one on the consumer who bought their product in good faith and shelter behind their corporate might?

Most of the time this problem didn't occur until thay were way out of warranty which yes meant the pore consumer (in most cases the second owner) copped it but where not talking about the same thing here.

Cheers
Paul

Muzza
11th July 2010, 11:25 AM
About bloody time too.

will be in there tomorrow to show them the great line of bubbles growing across my dash by the day

Howd you go MudRunner?

Did they just accept it and agreed to fix the bubbles on yours?

MudRunnerTD
11th July 2010, 01:55 PM
Nah, i called Werribee Nissan service yesterday and they knew nothing about it but it was just the service girl, she took my details and will call me monday. I did the ring around and the only service department that was taking calls on Saturday was Werribee.

Will let you know monday for sure.

MudRunnerTD
12th July 2010, 03:13 PM
Well!

i called Werribee Nissan this afternoon cause they did not call me back.

The guy laughed at me literally and gave me teh number for Nissan Australia, basically saying good luck with that!! (i was pretty wild getting of the phone)

Call this Number

1800 035 035

I spoke to a lovely lady at Nissan Australia by the name of Ilyana who assured me that there was definitely a Service Campaign for vehicles upto 6 years old. The warranty would not be extended, unlimited Kms.

The dash will be replaced at no charge to me and she will email Werribee Nissan to advise them to review the Service Campaign.

I then called back Werribee and spoke to the same bloke, told him who i was and that i was the guy he laughed at, that i was pretty crappy at him for that and that he would be getting an email today regarding the campaign. He apologised for being rude and looked forward to getting the email. He had not heard anything about it..

Mark
12th July 2010, 03:23 PM
Great customer service over at Werribee, laughing at customers, nice work! :)

patch697
12th July 2010, 03:39 PM
I bet you he was just to damn lazy to get off his ass to find out for himself after all thats all you did. (Lazy Bastards)

Good onya MR thay need Blokes like you kicking up the ass every now & then. Bustards wouldn't do anything at all otherwise.

Cheers
Paul

p.s Don't forget to spread the love mate cos we all know Nissan wont....lol

TimE
26th July 2010, 06:23 PM
Had mine (2005 GU IV) replaced today.

Good job, they couldn't have been more helpful.

Slightly different colour (matt dark grey to black) but looks good.

TimE
27th July 2010, 10:32 AM
As mentioned above, I had mine replaced yesterday and the Invoice for $0 had the following info on it.

Campaign AWB-008/10 VIN range JN1TCSY61A0360001 - JN1TCSY61A0365922

So it looks like if your GU fits within this VIN range and has bubbles on the dash then your local Nissan dealer should happily replace it for $0.

chrise
8th August 2010, 02:36 PM
It was shotty manufacturing in from overseas company

Cheers
Paul

Not quite. Same problem with other manufacturers made in Japan, Europe and Aus, usually when they first start making this kind of "soft feel" dash for the first time.
A lot depends on the shape/design of the dash.
It is caused by a gas bubble in the foam near the skin of the dash. When it heats up it expands, causing the pimple.
It can be fixed by carefully drilling a hole through the hard inner plastic frame of the back of the dash, into the bubble to release the pressure, but if it has been there a while the skin would have been stretched so you will still see it to some extent, but won't blow up in the sun.

chrise
8th August 2010, 02:38 PM
Also DON'T use armorall or any other dash treatment, it bakes the dash in the sun/heat, just stick with the good old soap and water.

Topender
1st November 2010, 01:36 PM
I had my dash replaced under warranty 2 years ago and it is now just as bad again.
Nissan dealer is "Reviewing" my case as I have already had one free replacement, but Nissan Australia have to make the decision.

MudRunnerTD
1st November 2010, 06:17 PM
I had my dash replaced under warranty 2 years ago and it is now just as bad again.
Nissan dealer is "Reviewing" my case as I have already had one free replacement, but Nissan Australia have to make the decision.

Hey Topender give the 1800 number above a call mate. you should have no trouble. Dont go to Werribee Nissan though. If your vehicle is in teh VIN number range you will be fine. with the ones being replace though there is no extension of warranty for the new part. I am outside warranty and was repaired for free but will not get another.

Good luck.

Deadset
8th September 2011, 01:11 PM
Hi Everyone,

New member here, Just Bought myself a Mid 2005 GU IV ST-L Patrol with Ironman Bar+Wynch, Toughdog Lift, Snorkel etc, all the bits with 127,000 on the clock, Everything seemed Sweet except for the Trashy Dash with Bubbles, I thought I would have to pay to get this fixed (What previous owner told me) however just after reading this I have contacted my Nissan Dealer and they have agreed to Supply & Replace the Dash for free (As stated above), Thankyou heaps for this info!

I thought that was more than a good enough reason to be a member of this forum.

Dave Deadset.

AB
8th September 2011, 01:14 PM
Welcome to the forum Dave, good to see they fixed it for you mate.

Don't forget to put up an intro about yourself in the introductions section and feel free to ask any questions and join in!

hugebbq
10th September 2011, 11:42 PM
Had my dash done a while ago through northside nissan in Perth and am stoked with the result. Mmm free..not many things are these days.

NotExcessive
21st December 2011, 11:45 PM
Yep positive, I have mine booked in to get done in a couple of weeks, no argument from Miss Nissan, just checked that my VIN was within the range covered, i.e. GU IVs and younger, unlimited Ks.

I know this thread is a bit old, but I'm hoping someone reads this now and can tell me if the 2007 model I just bought, with a VIN of JN1TExxxxxxxxxxx is covered under this recall, assuming it's still on now at the end of 2011. I saw somewhere that the VIN range was for JN1TCxxxxxxxxxxx

Clunk
21st December 2011, 11:54 PM
I know this thread is a bit old, but I'm hoping someone reads this now and can tell me if the 2007 model I just bought, with a VIN of JN1TExxxxxxxxxxx is covered under this recall, assuming it's still on now at the end of 2011. I saw somewhere that the VIN range was for JN1TCxxxxxxxxxxx

I believe you should be covered mate but please don't quote me on it............ some one in the know may be able to shed some more light on the subject for you. Have you called the dealers to see where you stand?

Oh also a good idea to drop into the Introductions thread and say g'day and tell us about yourself and your rig................... no harm done but goes a long way.

MudRunnerTD
22nd December 2011, 12:08 AM

100% Covered mate, no doubt here at all. Go to the first post of page 3 of this thread and grab the contact details and you will have no problems. Mine was a 2005.

Also, dont be shy, use the intro section and say g'day, it's polite ;)

Bopman
24th January 2012, 09:18 PM
Hi everyone..Just picked up my 2007 3.0 litre Patrol up from the dealership (Magic Nissan, Melville) after they fitted a new dashboard and I have to say no complaints!..Whoever did the job even left his nice clean handkerchief on the front seat where he'd been using it as a duster!...Top job, I must say, no vents upside down, speedo is the correct way up, no rattles.....The vehicle was booked in last week after a VIN check, they had the car 2/3 of the day....No charge!...I'm a happy chappy. :smiley_thumbs_up:
Thank you Nissan and Magic Nissan! :1087:

Bopman
24th January 2012, 11:07 PM

Hi NE - Got mine done today on my 2007 Patrol no probs!

OzzieNorm
1st February 2012, 07:49 PM
I was in the dealership today and asked the Spare Parts guy about a warranty or recall on Patrol dash pads. He asked: "Bubbling?" Yep.

He advised Nissan was replacing the dash pads on Patrols UNDER 7 YEARS OLD. Just book it in with the Service guys.

He also mentioned that there are no BLACK dash pads in stock. So, a dark grey pad will be supplied.

[He also mentioned that that dealership kept 1 dash pad in stock, so, should not have to wait for back-order.]

Yendor
1st February 2012, 08:09 PM
My second replacement dash has been in now for just over 14 months, so far so good, the dreaded bubbling hasn't returned yet (touch wood).

JamClan
14th February 2012, 12:15 PM
Hi All,

We have a 2004 GU IV Patrol. The dash has loads of bubbles. Apparently, the dash was replaced in 2006 (according to Nissan Australia). Nissan wont pay for the labour on the 2nd dash, but will supply the 2nd dash free of charge. Sad part is it is about $500 in labour to get the dash in, a little bit out of our price range at the moment. I spoke to Alan at Nissan Australia and he said the dash replacement campaign is almost at an end. So, if you know anyone with a bubbly dash and their Patrol is less than 6 years old - tell them to get their gorgeous Patrols to their closest Nissan Dealer to get the dash replaced before it is too late!!

Have a good one!!

Yendor
14th February 2012, 06:50 PM
Hi All,

We have a 2004 GU IV Patrol. The dash has loads of bubbles. Apparently, the dash was replaced in 2006 (according to Nissan Australia). Nissan wont pay for the labour on the 2nd dash, but will supply the 2nd dash free of charge. Sad part is it is about $500 in labour to get the dash in, a little bit out of our price range at the moment. I spoke to Alan at Nissan Australia and he said the dash replacement campaign is almost at an end. So, if you know anyone with a bubbly dash and their Patrol is less than 6 years old - tell them to get their gorgeous Patrols to their closest Nissan Dealer to get the dash replaced before it is too late!!

Have a good one!!

This is where Nissan have lost the plot.

They are going to spend, what millions over the next few years entering the V8 Supercars, in the hope they can attract new buyers to the Nissan brand.

But they aren't willing to spend the coin and fix known problems and keep existing customers happy.

You should realistically be able to expect more then 6 years life out of you dash.

JamClan, if your dash was changed 6 years ago, then it would of had one of the faulty ones fitted.

This is clearly a manufacturing fault with the dash.

Rant over

MudRunnerTD
14th February 2012, 09:06 PM
I agree Yendor!!! Bloody Rubbish! Tell Nissan you are going to the VACC or the Ombudmen.

GRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!

Alburypete
12th March 2012, 07:01 PM
Hi all, any further to this. just bought 05 GU IV with a little acne. Is she too old for this free cosmetic surgery.

Pete

gregs
12th March 2012, 08:18 PM
Hi all, any further to this. just bought 05 GU IV with a little acne. Is she too old for this free cosmetic surgery.

Pete

Pete, mate all you can do is take it into your dealer and see if they will do it under their replacement policy or whatever they are calling it, you never know you might catch them on a good day ;) Our 07Crd dash was replaced last year because of the pimples.

Greg

Alburypete
12th March 2012, 10:45 PM
Thanks Greg, started reading this thread about 6:00 otherwise would have been on the blower to Nissan there and then.

gregs
13th March 2012, 11:24 PM
Thanks Greg, started reading this thread about 6:00 otherwise would have been on the blower to Nissan there and then.

No worries Pete. Mate if I was Mr Nissan I would replace it because that would be good customer service and backing of my products. But it seems that spending millions on a couple of bozo's to race a couple of cars around tracks is more important to Nissan, unfortunately it will bite them in the butt if they do sell more cars and then even more people will be pissed off at them for shoddy work, products and no customer service. It's like banks giving better deals to new clients...what about the old clients you have been ripping off for years.....Sorry I got a little offtrack there...

Cheers

Greg

Cookie1
16th March 2012, 03:30 PM
I have a 2005 3litre patrol and the bubbles are just getting obvious. It must have been happening for a long time as the car was fitted with a dash mat when new and is nearly always in the garage. I went to the dealer I bought it from and they said it is out of the 5 year window for repairs and the VIN number doesn't fit within the range given, BUT my dash still looks like a pizza and I'm not at all happy.It has basically reduced the money I will receive when I trade it by quite a lot. Things don't look good, does anyone have any advice please?

AB
16th March 2012, 03:53 PM
I see you found the thread. I'm assuming that was you who emailed me before.

I would try another dealer first and see what they say. Be confident in telling them that this a well known manufacturers defect and advise them that your friends have all been replaced for free in the same year only months ago from dealers in Melbourne or Sydney.

If that doesn't work I would be doing the ring around and pestering them and maybe to the point of threatening with an ombudsmen...haha.

Shame on Nissan though, should be fixing this crap!

Cookie1
16th March 2012, 04:30 PM
Thanks for all the good advice. Will be taking it. I'll let you know how I get on. I have contacted consumer protection here in WA.

It was me that contacted you earlier and I appreciate the quick reply.

Stropp
22nd March 2012, 01:16 PM
i have just been onto nissan as the one i am picking up tonight i thought was a 2005 but it is a 2004, nissan said to take it to a dealer and see if they will forward details to nissan BUT it may be too old?? will see how we go with it.

Stropp
23rd March 2012, 11:55 AM
took the troll in today and they said it is out of the guidelines but will send an out of warranty request through and i will have to pay for the labour cost $1600, dash retails for $1600. will await the outcome.cheers Stropp

Cookie1
29th March 2012, 01:55 PM
Great news. We took everyones advice and hassled Total Nissan and Nissan direct. We also spoke with the local consumer affairs.
Yesterday our 2005 Nissan had its dash replaced at no cost to us. We are very pleased. Not sure what worked but about a week after my husband started 'annoying' them we got a call to say that they would replace it. The young man told has that they had done over 1000 replacements at that dealership.
Googla4x4 keep at them. I'll look forward to reading what happens. Good luck.

Winnie
29th March 2012, 02:04 PM
Nice to see a win against Mr. Nissan!

Stropp
29th March 2012, 04:49 PM
good news cookie1, now lets hope that i get some good news too.

MudRunnerTD
29th March 2012, 06:05 PM
good news cookie1, now lets hope that i get some good news too.

The lesson Googla is DEMAND IT!!! Good luck mate.

Yendor
29th March 2012, 08:45 PM
The lesson Googla is DEMAND IT!!! Good luck mate.

Agree 100%, Demand that you want a Nissan DSM to inspect your vehicle personally and that you require a written report (on a Nissan letter head) why they have declined your repair on a known manufacture problem.

frenzy
29th March 2012, 09:08 PM
I've finally gotten around to it and booked mine in for next Monday. I was told that I had to book it in for an hour and that a technician had to inspect the dash, sight the VIN and send a request to Nissan to replace it. The dealer will then wait for a response before I have to book it in and get it replaced IFF Nissan approves. What a pain in the arse!

I'll be asking for a copy of the "request".

Will see what happens...

frenzy
4th April 2012, 07:34 PM
OK. Dropped into Nissan at Moorooka (near Brisbane) as per my booking. A nice lady there served me at the counter, followed me out to the car, looked at the VIN number, glanced at my bubbly dash, went back inside, typed my VIN number in and announced that I would receive a card in the mail when my new dash arrives and then I can book it in for a replacement. No worries!

BTW, my VIN does not fall within the range posted previously, so don't let that stop you from at least checking.

Stropp
4th April 2012, 09:25 PM
I am still waiting for a reply from Nissan as to what they will do with my dash, when I get it I will ask for a job no so I can hassle Nissan regarding replacement.

frenzy
13th April 2012, 08:03 PM
OK. Dropped into Nissan at Moorooka (near Brisbane) as per my booking. A nice lady there served me at the counter, followed me out to the car, looked at the VIN number, glanced at my bubbly dash, went back inside, typed my VIN number in and announced that I would receive a card in the mail when my new dash arrives and then I can book it in for a replacement. No worries!

BTW, my VIN does not fall within the range posted previously, so don't let that stop you from at least checking.

Update: I received a card in the mail from Nissan Mooroka telling me the dash pad is in stock and that I can contact the service dept to arrange installation.

Biscuits
13th April 2012, 08:06 PM
Book in for a fortnights time... no issues at all

Stropp
17th April 2012, 04:02 PM
well I had contact with nissan and they refuse to do anything at all regarding replacement of my dash, if anyone can send me paperwork from nissan service where they have had the dash replaced free please send me a copy of the paperwork via email to stropp1@bigpond.com, they have refused to do anything so I need to build a case that they have changed them on ather late 2004 vehicles so I can get onto consumer affairs. thanks Stropp

frenzy
17th April 2012, 06:00 PM
well I had contact with nissan and they refuse to do anything at all regarding replacement of my dash, if anyone can send me paperwork from nissan service where they have had the dash replaced free please send me a copy of the paperwork via email to stropp1@bigpond.com, they have refused to do anything so I need to build a case that they have changed them on ather late 2004 vehicles so I can get onto consumer affairs. thanks Stropp

Mines an 06, so that wont help you.

Biscuits
17th April 2012, 06:22 PM
2008 model here... sorry dude, sounds like you may have a hard time with it

MudRunnerTD
17th April 2012, 06:28 PM
As long as its a Series 4 GU they will be hard pressed to knock you back mate, go to Consumer affairs for sure.

Have a look at this mate

As mentioned above, I had mine replaced yesterday and the Invoice for $0 had the following info on it.

Campaign AWB-008/10 VIN range JN1TCSY61A0360001 - JN1TCSY61A0365922

So it looks like if your GU fits within this VIN range and has bubbles on the dash then your local Nissan dealer should happily replace it for $0.

do you fit in the VIN numbers?

frenzy
17th April 2012, 07:31 PM
As long as its a Series 4 GU they will be hard pressed to knock you back mate, go to Consumer affairs for sure.

Have a look at this mate

do you fit in the VIN numbers?

Mine didn't fit in that range and I'm booked in for next Thursday to have a new dash pad replaced.

Stropp
17th April 2012, 11:46 PM
I have written an email of complaint to Nissan Australia pointing out that several forum members have had there's covered and I believe one has been replaced twice, I have told them I intend to go to consumer affairs as it is a known problem and I hope to get some hard copies to help support my case so if anyone has some hard evidence please email me so I can build a case to get it replaced. Thanks in advance. Stropp

Stropp
18th April 2012, 08:59 PM
Emailed consumer affairs today as well so will await the outcome, if no response from Nissan by Friday I will attack again!

GBY61
21st April 2012, 07:47 PM
I have the some problem.My is 2005 and I have try to replace to my dealer but they tell me my VIN is not on this for free exchange.I can by the new and cost 1068 eur, WTF for something what was Nissan problem.The problem is in Europa because they are not lot of this Patrol.Have anybody from Europa some problem?

Stropp
23rd April 2012, 05:44 PM
OK so nissan finally got back to me again and tough titties, its not in the warranty period too bad so sad, I tried to talk her into doing it as I said it is a known problem and she said too bad, I asked for the refusal in writing and she refused to do that as well. I will now await consumer affairs reply.

Biscuits
29th April 2012, 07:37 PM
Had my dash installed on Thursday, No issues with the claim. the only issue is that they no longer have any Black dash pads left, they only have charcoal pads... slight difference in colour. But still looks better than the Bubbles

bobrovin
21st May 2012, 08:15 PM
Had my 2007 dash replaced today under warranty, all ok except they reconnected the dam door buzzer again

Stropp
4th June 2012, 03:55 PM

Well thank fu@k I persisted with this, I wrote to consumer affairs and received a reply from them and I wrote another letter to Nissan and attached a copy of the letter from accc with a note to say that if they didn't replace it I would pursue the matter through the courts as the dash was " not fit for purpose" ! Well today I received a phone call from Nissan Australia to say to take it to my local dealer and they will replace it with a new one in grey as the black ones are gone, yippee all the writing and talking has paid off. My advice to anyone is to persist with it and when you have the right info it is easy to write a letter as outlined by the accc.

TimE
4th June 2012, 04:06 PM
Well today I received a phone call from Nissan Australia to say to take it to my local dealer and they will replace it with a new one in grey as the black ones are gone, yippee all the writing and talking has paid off. .

Glad to hear it mate.

Pity it had to involve so much running around for you before they would agree to fix something they obviously know was a piece of shit from the start.

Stropp
4th June 2012, 04:34 PM
Too true timE, made me jump thru hoops for something that should have been done first up, all good now tho.

Stropp
6th June 2012, 03:28 PM
well went into nissan midland today and she is booked in for new dash, they are trying to source a black one so see how it goes, so for those out there with older patrols with dash bubbles persist and even tho they say its out of warranty they will do it, even tho the dealer quoted $243 labour i am happy with that.

Stropp
20th June 2012, 06:14 PM
well at last nissan have my replacement dash in so its booked for monday morning, will be good to see a smooth dash again.

Yendor
20th June 2012, 06:50 PM
well at last nissan have my replacement dash in so its booked for monday morning, will be good to see a smooth dash again.

That's great news.

Shame on Nissan Australia for making you have to go through that whole process.

Stropp
22nd June 2012, 11:57 PM
Well phone call from the local Nissan dealer today, apparently the wrong dash was sent ( sounds like BS to me ) they had the vin number how do they get it wrong? Gotta wait till next week now.

Clunk
23rd June 2012, 12:02 AM
Well phone call from the local Nissan dealer today, apparently the wrong dash was sent ( sounds like BS to me ) they had the vin number how do they get it wrong? Gotta wait till next week now.

maybe they use the same useless storemen my company seems to hire!!!! lol

Stropp
2nd July 2012, 06:37 PM
well got the dash replaced, looks way better than the old pimply jobby.
before and after, not quite the same colour but who cares, the dash mat is on.

TimE
2nd July 2012, 07:54 PM
Good to see. Glad the buggers finally came good for you.

You must have been feeding it a lot of chocolate to end up with that many pimples though :)

Stropp
2nd July 2012, 09:23 PM
Yeh TimE, lots, the other good thing is they didn't remember to charge me the labour component so win win.

Bec5
30th September 2012, 09:08 PM
Just replying to your thread my sister inlaw and myself both own Nissan Patrols and both of our dashes have bubbled and makes them look really ugley I only typed in nissan patrol and bubble dashes and this came up are they still replacing??? I will see my dealer tuesday.. Thankyou for the information bec

Stropp
1st October 2012, 12:20 AM
Hi Bec, yes they are doing replacements but have according to them they are doing an extended warranty to six years, if you have any dramas pm me and I can send you the info I put together along with a letter from the accc which I have sent to a couple of others who after initially being flatly refused had their dash changed.

ebs
17th February 2013, 11:31 PM
Hi Bec, yes they are doing replacements but have according to them they are doing an extended warranty to six years, if you have any dramas pm me and I can send you the info I put together along with a letter from the accc which I have sent to a couple of others who after initially being flatly refused had their dash changed.

Hi Stropp, We have an 05 GU with the dash problem which our local dealer has refused to replace even though the dash has been bubbling for a couple of years. I have only just found out about the replacement program from this thread and therefore joined the forum. Is there any chance i could get a copy of the info you used? Cheers, Ebs

TPC
17th February 2013, 11:43 PM
Hi Stropp, We have an 05 GU with the dash problem which our local dealer has refused to replace even though the dash has been bubbling for a couple of years. I have only just found out about the replacement program from this thread and therefore joined the forum. Is there any chance i could get a copy of the info you used? Cheers, Ebs

Hi ebs, I have a 08 Patrol and spoke to my local Nissan dealer last week about getting my dash top replaced and they said I should get it replaced and fitted free of charge as it is still within the 6 years, they also mentioned Nissan may cover partial costs for those older than 6 years.

Stoney
4th March 2013, 01:49 PM
Hiya Guys, only just found out about the replacement dash pads, does anyone know if they are still replacing them?

MudRunnerTD
4th March 2013, 02:42 PM
Hiya Guys, only just found out about the replacement dash pads, does anyone know if they are still replacing them?

Don't be shy mate!!! Use ALL the info here to get it sorted. Get gnarly if you have too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

outback
4th March 2013, 11:42 PM

Stropp from what I have read about the place Nissan will do replacement outside the 6 years but on a "how they feel" basis.
When I heard about this I saw local dealer and the response from Nissan was 'no go'.. Pissed me off as I have had Nissans for 30 odd years.. Next vehicle may not be Nissan with this attitude.

I have the blisters under the dash mat as well, at least i can see them there.
Every time someone points out these little bubbles I just say crap Nissan product and they wont replace their mistake. Good selling point NOT!

Stropp
4th March 2013, 11:57 PM
I really think that if everyone that has been knocked back by Nissan for a replacement dash gets together and launches a concerted effort with the information on how many have been replaced out of warranty and with the help of the accc I think they would change their minds, the accc paperwork says the product is not fit for purpose so they should persue Nissan as if they are refusing to replace the dash that is not fit for purpose then they should follow them up IMO.

Limmy
23rd May 2013, 05:22 PM
just got off the phone with nissan 1800035035 number. enquired about the service campaign of the faulty dash . any cars up to 6 years can still be attended to. unfortunately mines a 2005 too old . I asked her why couldn't they cover my car aswell. She said because its 8 year of operation , it is likely for bubbles to happen. I cbf goin on , so i said thanks and byebye

liveyk7
24th May 2013, 05:48 PM
Hey Stropp,

Sorry to dig out a 2 month old post of yours, but did you have any luck if you couldnt get your dashy done? Like limmy says, they are no longer doing it. i Just got a 2004 GUIV too but its bubbling up bad. The only other owner of this car lived in the bush and cbf'ed getting it looked at!

Does anyone know how much it would cost to get it redone? or is the dashmat what many have done?

Limmy - You thinking Dash mat??? ;)

Clunk
26th May 2013, 10:10 PM
Way too old for getting it replaced under warranty I reckon

Don't slap it, tap it!!!!

Stropp
26th May 2013, 10:24 PM
Got mine done 12 mths ago after a lot of tooling and fro-ing and getting consumer affairs involved, I sent the paperwork I used to a few people but they didnt have any luck. I still think if everyone got together chipped in a couple of bucks for a lawyer you would get them done as my info was the dash is not fit for purpose!

lensman
18th July 2013, 09:41 AM
I have a 2007 Patrol with the bubbling blistering dash. It is 13 days out of the now 6 year warranty period Nissan are offering on the dash. It was only noticed after the windscreen was replaced as the fault was covered by the dash mat (ironically purchased to protect the dash). I rang the dealer to see if they would replace it and was told that even though it was a little over the warranty they were sure "it wouldn't be a problem" however Nissan knocked my claim back. I then rang Nissan myself and was confronted with a most unsympathetic male who was very unhelpful and told me Nissan would not assist me. I had been happy with the vehicle up until then and was looking to trade in for a new model but now I will be visiting the Toyota dealer. I think Nissan are very short sighted with this matter. They did not issue any recall or advertise (at least I didn't see any). It has always been serviced at the local dealer and they didn't draw my attention to it either even though they would have received a bulletin from Nissan notifying dealers of the issue. I have taken the issue up with the WA Dept of Commerce so we'll see where that takes us, but it's a shame it has to go that way.

MudRunnerTD
18th July 2013, 09:45 AM
I have a 2007 Patrol with the bubbling blistering dash. It is 13 days out of the now 6 year warranty period Nissan are offering on the dash. It was only noticed after the windscreen was replaced as the fault was covered by the dash mat (ironically purchased to protect the dash). I rang the dealer to see if they would replace it and was told that even though it was a little over the warranty they were sure "it wouldn't be a problem" however Nissan knocked my claim back. I then rang Nissan myself and was confronted with a most unsympathetic male who was very unhelpful and told me Nissan would not assist me. I had been happy with the vehicle up until then and was looking to trade in for a new model but now I will be visiting the Toyota dealer. I think Nissan are very short sighted with this matter. They did not issue any recall or advertise (at least I didn't see any). It has always been serviced at the local dealer and they didn't draw my attention to it either even though they would have received a bulletin from Nissan notifying dealers of the issue. I have taken the issue up with the WA Dept of Commerce so we'll see where that takes us, but it's a shame it has to go that way.

Your dealer was under direction via an internal Service Campaign to order and replace any affected dashes that came through their workshop.

Hit up your dealer! They let you down and THEY OWN YOUR PROBLEM NOW!

05_ENFORCER
9th August 2013, 05:06 PM
Hey, has anyone got a cheaper avenue to buy a dash pad other than retail through Nissan?
2005 st-l I just bought is shocking, and out of the recall date, sorry, service campaign

batesy
2nd October 2013, 11:36 AM
got mine booked in for next monday for a new dash 07 mdl fixing up to 6 years from purchase date they told me.

batesy
10th October 2013, 11:42 AM
Hi all i just got my dash replaced 07 mdl had to wait a week to get in and took them 5 hrs to replace it, looks pretty now.

Howi
25th June 2014, 04:09 PM
Hi all after a bit of tooing and froing finally getting the dash replaced on my 2009 patrol. if people are still getting it keep hassling Nissan.

Bacho86
8th October 2014, 02:28 PM
My recently acquired 2009 GU has the dash bubbles that was never fixed by the previous owner. My local Ferntree Gully Nissan have said they will cover the costs to replace the dash but I've gotta cover the $500 labour costs. Anyone had luck pushing this through with Nissan recently? Any suggestions on who best to deal with to get it fixed?

TPC
8th October 2014, 02:41 PM
My recently acquired 2009 GU has the dash bubbles that was never fixed by the previous owner. My local Ferntree Gully Nissan have said they will cover the costs to replace the dash but I've gotta cover the $500 labour costs. Anyone had luck pushing this through with Nissan recently? Any suggestions on who best to deal with to get it fixed?

It should be totally covered if less than 6 years old, i got mine done last year and did not have to pay anything.
Try ringing another dealer.

threedogs
8th October 2014, 04:48 PM
X 2 ring around it should be fixed at no cost to you.
You could ask them again as they are just trying to bluff you

TimE
8th October 2014, 05:22 PM

Ring Nissan Direct 1800 035 035, and tell them your story, and what you have read on the Forum abot others getting free replacements (including me on a 2005 GU IV, a few years ago now).

Bacho86
8th October 2014, 08:24 PM
Thanks for the responses, I'll give them another call in the morning and let you know how I go.

CUB
28th December 2014, 05:27 PM
Just thought I would share my experience with getting my dash replaced on my GU IV 05 model, so I bought the car in October this year with bubble all over the dash I had already done research on the problem on this forum. The previous owner had just covered with a dash mat I was happy to accept this fault as the purchase price was right but figured I would have a go at Nissan anyway being an 05 model I was well out of the 6 year extended warranty or what ever Nissan call it. I held no high hopes but went into the local Nissan dealer explained the problem which they apparently knew nothing about??? After a bit of talking they came out took photos and said they would get back to me. 2 days later I got the phone call thinking the worst but no Nissan had come to the party would replace the dash but I did have to pay 2 hours labour to fit it but I was happy to accept this, I am more than happy with the new dash although it is a slightly different colour to the original it's better than the acne. The only sour note for the experience was the dealer service but that's another story.

Cheers

MudRunnerTD
15th October 2015, 10:43 PM
https://infrastructure.gov.au/vehicles/complaints_recalls/vehicle_complaint_form.aspx

So a bit of an update guys. Nissan have shut the door on this which is disgraceful as there are still 1000s of affected vehicles out there. If you need a dash click on the link above and make a complaint, enough complaints and the Government might act. There is a big push for this on Facebook at the moment so there are some numbers guys. Get on it.

Pantsless
20th October 2015, 05:34 PM
https://infrastructure.gov.au/vehicles/complaints_recalls/vehicle_complaint_form.aspx

So a bit of an update guys. Nissan have shut the door on this which is disgraceful as there are still 1000s of affected vehicles out there. If you need a dash click on the link above and make a complaint, enough complaints and the Government might act. There is a big push for this on Facebook at the moment so there are some numbers guys. Get on it.

Figures i found out about this too late.

Stropp
20th October 2015, 06:38 PM
apparently there is a guy over east trying to setup a legal challenge with nissan over the dash thing, i will try to find the info

here it is.

Hodge
20th October 2015, 06:51 PM
Yeah my dash is rooted, as well. Nissan don't want to know.
A bloke few years ago tried the same thing for the 3L problems, and I don't think he got very far ... So we'll see how far this gets lol.

Bacho86
20th October 2015, 07:53 PM
I got mine fixed when I first bought the patrol 12 months ago now, previous owner didn't know / care about how to fix it.

Based on feedback from this forum and guys like MR, I got my local dealer to put in a claim with head office. Because it was out of the 6 year grace period, I had to pay for the labour ($400) but Nissan covered the part cost ($2000).

Be disappointing if Nissan backed away from this approach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hodge
20th October 2015, 07:58 PM
previous owner didn't know / care about how to fix it.

This is like mine, the old bloke owning the car before me didn't care and the dash bubbled in 2008, after the car was 3 years old ... His words were that it didn't annoy him that much so he left it. Soon the the 6 year period was up and thats all she wrote.

BigRAWesty
6th January 2016, 05:19 PM
So took the patrol in to check air bags out and mine isn't in the recall, and tps got done so happy days..
Also asked about the dash and they said no..
They only warrent dashes within 6 years..
The reason is they reckon I'd the dashes haven't bubbled in 6 years they will be fine..
So unfortunately no dash change for us..

MudRunnerTD
7th January 2016, 01:12 AM
So took the patrol in to check air bags out and mine isn't in the recall, and tps got done so happy days..
Also asked about the dash and they said no..
They only warrent dashes within 6 years..
The reason is they reckon I'd the dashes haven't bubbled in 6 years they will be fine..
So unfortunately no dash change for us..

Nice Story. Did you point out that Clearly that Logic was Floored! Look at my dash mate!! Figure it out!

BigRAWesty
7th January 2016, 06:06 AM
Yep. I also mentioned your angle as the 50 thou service was done at a nissan dealership in 2013.. but their reply was it was customer request only..
I finally have a spare arvo tonight so I'm gunna try calling nissan australia and pushing it further..

the evil twin
7th January 2016, 03:49 PM
snip...
I finally have a spare arvo tonight so I'm gunna try calling nissan australia and pushing it further..

You're a naughty boy... you are sooo gunna get moderated... you used "Nissan" and "pushing it" in the same sentence

4bye4
7th January 2016, 04:01 PM
You're a naughty boy... you are sooo gunna get moderated... you used "Nissan" and "pushing it" in the same sentence

he meant "dealers" and "pulling".

Stropp
7th January 2016, 05:08 PM
mine was 2 yrs outside the 6 yr warranty and i got mine done :) took a letter from accc and a few calls to nissan and the dealer.

threedogs
7th January 2016, 05:17 PM
On one dash bubble thread there is a number of a very nice lady to call at head office
to voice your greivence, she helped quite a few here when all was thought lost.
Might want to mention the forum too,,,momentarily of course,,,lol

BigRAWesty
8th January 2016, 09:48 PM
On one dash bubble thread there is a number of a very nice lady to call at head office
to voice your greivence, she helped quite a few here when all was thought lost.
Might want to mention the forum too,,,momentarily of course,,,lol
This is the thread TD..
I got the number.

Craigo4655
3rd July 2016, 08:56 PM
Theres news on Patrol4x4.com of Nissan replacing affected Dashs this month free if the customer pays fitting when theyre taking their rigs in for the airbag replacement guys, might be time to ask the same question as we take ours in......

BigRAWesty
3rd July 2016, 09:14 PM
Theres news on Patrol4x4.com of Nissan replacing affected Dashs this month free if the customer pays fitting when theyre taking their rigs in for the airbag replacement guys, might be time to ask the same question as we take ours in......
Well that's shit. Mine isn't recalled yet..

Craigo4655
3rd July 2016, 09:23 PM
Ive been lazy, well.... more busy at work and havent taken mine in yet. Letters been sitting under the dashmat for a few months now.

Craigo4655
3rd July 2016, 09:24 PM
Maybe ring the dealership and ask for a recall check on your VIN, mines a 10/05 Complied 10/06

Craigo4655
3rd July 2016, 09:27 PM
Heres the link to the thread for reference.
http://www.patrol4x4.com/forum/nissan-patrol-gu-gr-10/nissan-recall-gu-iv-dash-blisters-52446/