PDA

View Full Version : Interactive Mapping using Google Maps and Google Earth Combined

Andy-user
8th July 2010, 08:41 PM
The team at Google have released new technology using both Google Earth 3D viewing combined with 2D Google Street Mapping.

This combination has made life a lot easier for mapping and viewing both 2D roads with 3D satellite images in the same screen working simultaneously.

Stay tuned to this new category as Google are about to bring out some great technology in coming weeks.

Below is the screen shot of how it all works.

For members only please see the attachment below the images for log in details of the latest release of Google mapping technology.

More to come soon!

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/07/5.jpg

patch697
9th July 2010, 11:09 AM
Thats going to make things fun....

Cheers
Paul

AB
10th July 2010, 03:11 AM
Thats going to make things fun....

Cheers
Paul

Without sounding like a nerd we are up there with new computer technology.

In the next 6 months Google is bringing out some amazing add ons to Google earth to help mapping and to also keep up with Bing which is the default search engine now for any new Microsoft computers so stay tuned guys as there there is a new competitor in the computer world.

GQ-Nut
11th July 2010, 06:44 PM
Thats quite handy, It's hard to see what street and what area your in when using Google Earth alone.

patch697
12th July 2010, 04:08 PM
Stay tuned guys as there there is a new competitor in the computer world.

Like we needed that.... Its hard enough as it is to keep up with all this crap....lol

You know I live for this???????

Cheers
Paul

Nissan Kid
14th July 2010, 12:26 PM
Hmm, that could be quite handy.

Pedro173
16th August 2010, 01:41 PM
I think this will come in handy for sure

Maxhead
16th August 2010, 03:00 PM
Without sounding like a nerd we are up there with new computer technology.

In the next 6 months Google is bringing out some amazing add ons to Google earth to help mapping and to also keep up with Bing which is the default search engine now for any new Microsoft computers so stay tuned guys as there there is a new competitor in the computer world.

Wasn't google bringing out an operating system a while back. I wonder what's happened as I haven't heard anything for a while.
Most of the software coming out of Google is right up there with the best, and we need to get a decent competitor to the current Microsoft monopoly.....bring it on!

AB
16th August 2010, 03:24 PM
yeah Google Chrome. Havent really heard much about it though. People are using it but Im not sure how popular it is in Australia.

Google will no doubt rule the world one day..haha....They want to start making their own green power stations soon too.

Maxhead
16th August 2010, 03:39 PM
yeah Google Chrome. Havent really heard much about it though. People are using it but Im not sure how popular it is in Australia.

Google will no doubt rule the world one day..haha....They want to start making their own green power stations soon too.

Yep, thats it
Google Chrome OS is an upcoming Linux-based, open source[3] operating system designed by Google to work exclusively with web applications.[4] Announced on July 7, 2009, Chrome OS is set to have a publicly available stable release during the second half of 2010.[5](from wiki)

I've been using Chrome web browser for ages and have been more then happy with it....anything is better then IE.

GO GOOGLE!

AB
16th August 2010, 03:45 PM
Agreed, firefox is not too bad either.

Maxhead
16th August 2010, 04:18 PM
Yes, I used it a lot in the earlier versions but now I find it a bit resource hungry compared to Chrome.
Running Firefox and Chrome side by side and looking at the Task Manager Processes Firefox uses 5x more memory
FireFox - 192MB, Chrome 38MB

Sorry for the hi jack, but I think we mentioned google somewhere along the line....hahah

AB
16th August 2010, 08:04 PM
lol...Im still using IE...Just like a plumbers house has cr*ap pipes and an electricians house keeps shorting out.

patch697
16th August 2010, 09:37 PM
Yes, I used it a lot in the earlier versions but now I find it a bit resource hungry compared to Chrome.
Running Firefox and Chrome side by side and looking at the Task Manager Processes Firefox uses 5x more memory

Sorry for the hi jack, but I think we mentioned google somewhere along the line....hahah

Thats a massive deference in the 2 footprints...... I think Im gonna take a good look at this.

That Google Chrome OS sounds ok, I was going to install it on my sever (im running Linux at ATM) But wanted to see how it stood up for a while first.

Whats it like for security? as good as Linux?

Maxhead
16th August 2010, 10:50 PM
Thats a massive deference in the 2 footprints...... I think Im gonna take a good look at this.

That Google Chrome OS sounds ok, I was going to install it on my sever (im running Linux at ATM) But wanted to see how it stood up for a while first.

Whats it like for security? as good as Linux?

Yeah, I was a bit surprised that there was that much difference. I knew recent versions of Firefox have been pretty thirsty
I just did the test again and there is 4x difference int the two. The test is simple where I just open 15 tabs of one web site........

As far as the OS I don't know much about it but might have to investigate

bully1970
2nd October 2010, 10:22 PM

I have been using OPERA browser and found it excellent. Only using 55MB in task manager and quicker to load pages.
:smile:

Thommo
29th October 2010, 10:03 PM
Didnt know they could combine the 2 in one setting, great work.

Mrricsta25
16th January 2011, 10:06 PM
this is fantastic technology. i have a HTC protouch2 mobile and it is fantastic for running google maps with the satelitte overlay and cause the HTC can pick up satellites it can tell me where i am within 10 meters if connected to enough sats which i have found to be a bit slow to connect. once connected though it is just awsome, then the little arrow will follow you around and has no trouble keeping up when off road (can be a bit laggish when doing 100kph) great little gadget. the only thing that buggs the heck out of me is that I can not seem to find the option so that it will plot / record where i have been. Otherwise ive had nothing but good experieces with google maps and cant wait for the 3d part to come online!!!

MB
24th January 2022, 05:31 PM
Just tested out the Newish Google Maps ‘Bushfire’ function:
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2022/01/180.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2022/01/181.jpg
There is clearly an incident occurring over the hill and Vic-Emergency app does show it but nothing on McGoogle as yet…..30minutes later too [emoji848]

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2022/01/182.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MB
24th January 2022, 05:40 PM
Thankfully declared’SAFE’ now by CFA & Vic-Emergency App Legends [emoji120][emoji120]

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2022/01/183.jpg

McGoogle function currently has a long way to go unfortunately it seems [emoji107][emoji107]

Plasnart
25th January 2022, 01:16 PM
Thankfully declared’SAFE’ now by CFA & Vic-Emergency App Legends [emoji120][emoji120]

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2022/01/183.jpg

McGoogle function currently has a long way to go unfortunately it seems [emoji107][emoji107]

Yeah but what's its status on face face? That's where the most reliable info is.

(cough cough)

:)