PDA

View Full Version : QLD Forum Members BBQ - 16th April

Bigrig
3rd April 2011, 09:52 AM
Howdy

Was talking to a few out at Beerburrum last week about having a family BBQ for the forum members leading into Easter. It would be good for everyone to meet up, and I'm more than happy to host it at my place - plenty of room for kids to run around and amuse themselves - a large pool for those who wish to freeze their tackle off etc!! Was thinking a post lunch start (around 2pm) to get kids sports etc out of the way.

I'll send separate PM's also, but could I get a general indication if you are up for this and if the date suits. We'll put on the food - meat, salads, breads, snacks etc, etc - just bring your own grog! And a designated driver!!

Would hope to see a few there as I have met 11 members from QLD and they are all top people, so should be a very relaxed, family friendly afternoon. Be good for some of the guys who haven't been able to get out as yet to meet some of the crew and decide whether you could 'put up with them' (and me!! lol) for a whole weekend of camping and 4wd'ing!!!

Hope to see you all then!

YNOT
3rd April 2011, 10:21 AM
I'm in.
My wife will be at a wedding but I'll be there with Rocket and Turbo.

Tony

Bigrig
3rd April 2011, 10:24 AM
I'm in.
My wife will be at a wedding but I'll be there with Rocket and Turbo.

Tony

Top stuff mate! My brother and his wife (and 4 kids) will be here also - they have a patrol also. And another mate and his wife - and their baby ... a Mazda BT50!! lol. He usually comes out (dhuck has met him) but couldn't make last weekend - he lives right on the edge of the forest there at Beerburrum - I'd be in the bush every weekend!!!

Sir Roofy
3rd April 2011, 12:34 PM
:cheers:We would be there but your to far far far away to just drop in

Bigrig
3rd April 2011, 04:37 PM
:cheers:We would be there but your to far far far away to just drop in

Doesn't mean you're not welcome though mate!! LOL

Sir Roofy
3rd April 2011, 05:39 PM
Doesn't mean you're not welcome though mate!! LOL

will be there one day

Bigrig
3rd April 2011, 06:11 PM
will be there one day

Looking forward to it mate!!

Finly Owner
4th April 2011, 12:01 AM
Roster tells me I am workin that day Scott.

Otherwise would have been good.

Tim

Bigrig
4th April 2011, 08:35 AM
Roster tells me I am workin that day Scott.

Otherwise would have been good.

Tim

How about the Sunday?? Happy to move the day to one that suits most.

Tony

Dies that work better for you also?

Finly Owner
5th April 2011, 12:36 AM
How about the Sunday?? Happy to move the day to one that suits most.

Tony

Dies that work better for you also?
Unfortunately both days workin'.

Bigrig
5th April 2011, 07:46 AM
Unfortunately both days workin'.

No worries...

Dhuck
14th April 2011, 08:04 AM
So whats happening. Will it be on or off?

Bigrig
14th April 2011, 08:09 AM
Not much response, but more than happy to have you and Tony over if you're up for it ... might leave it till after Easter other than that ..

Was it because I said people had to bring their own grog?? LOL

Dhuck
14th April 2011, 08:47 AM
no worries. Tony, what you doin? I am happy either way.

Was going to put it another way, but that just leaves me vulnerable to Scotties shinanigans

YNOT
14th April 2011, 09:38 AM
I'm still keen to go. It'll give rocket and turbo a chance to burn some energy tearing up someone elses back yard.

Tony

Bigrig
14th April 2011, 10:36 AM
Happy days ... let's do it ... I'll confirm time this afternoon ...

Obviously still open to other QLD members if you want to meet a few faces from the forum.

Dhuck
14th April 2011, 10:48 AM
Yeh come on peeps. Will be a good arvo. Always is at Scotty'e place. Plenty of room for the kids and a pool.

Bigrig
14th April 2011, 11:47 AM
Well, we have a few more ...

thus far:

Scotty and Sandra plus 4 kids (Bigrig)
Tony plus 2 kids (YNOT)
Dave and Bec plus 1 kid (dhuck)
Ryan and Teneal plus 1 kid (Ryan)
Nick and wife plus 1 kid (Nickpeacock36)
Tim and wife plus 2 kids (Cadbury)
Possibly Adrian and his wife (hekarewe)
Possibly Derek and wife plus 4 kids (my mechanic!! lol)
Possibly Adam and girlfriend (Redman)

22 sort of confirmed, 10 to confirm but looking promising ... anyone else??

HippoNZ
14th April 2011, 12:23 PM
Bigrig I"ll be there! Just gotta find flight mode on the trol haha
You fellas have fun and I'll have a cold one on that day for yas!

Brett

Bigrig
14th April 2011, 12:43 PM
Bigrig I"ll be there! Just gotta find flight mode on the trol haha
You fellas have fun and I'll have a cold one on that day for yas!

Brett

Door is always open champion! Sort out that flight modification and head on over!! LOL

big_fletch
14th April 2011, 08:43 PM
Shame I can't get up, but hope is a top weekend for ya guys..
Remember to take a few pics lol

Bigrig
14th April 2011, 08:49 PM
Shame I can't get up, but hope is a top weekend for ya guys..
Remember to take a few pics lol

Yep, damn shame mate, and will do ...

Maxhead
14th April 2011, 09:12 PM
Scotty, congrats to you for organizing this BBq and a pi55 up on behalf of the forum . You're one legendary bloke...wish I could make it.....
Hope you all have a ball and it would be good to see some pics of the event...WELL DONE MATE!!!

Bigrig
14th April 2011, 09:15 PM
Scotty, congrats to you for organizing this BBq and a pi55 up on behalf of the forum . You're one legendary bloke...wish I could make it.....
Hope you all have a ball and it would be good to see some pics of the event...WELL DONE MATE!!!

Thanks champion - not much effort really - the effort and praise goes to everyone else for coming over, I get to sit on my date and do nothing till they get here!! LOL

Can't wait to see the neighbors faces when a bunch of good looking trols rock up and take up the whole cul-de-sac!!! lmfao

Maxhead
14th April 2011, 09:28 PM
Can't wait to see the neighbors faces when a bunch of good looking trols rock up and take up the whole cul-de-sac!!! lmfao

Definitely have to see that...pics..pics and more pics!!!

Bigrig
14th April 2011, 09:30 PM
Definitely have to see that...pics..pics and more pics!!!

Too easy - done!!

Finly Owner
14th April 2011, 10:50 PM
Wait till they start doing sycronised burnouts!

Bigrig
15th April 2011, 08:02 AM

Sweet!!!! lol

Bigrig
15th April 2011, 08:15 AM

What time do you finish work?? You could head over straight after if possible.

Bigrig
15th April 2011, 08:18 AM
Right - SMS sent to everyone's mobile. Should be a corker!!!

Benny

If you're up for it mate, I appreciate it's a hike, but you are more than welcome and can camp the night here if you wish.

Others - Jaxt; Whitewulf; Silver; Dasha; Gav; Ghost; Lawnbowls; Frenzy; etc

PM me if you want to head over - again, more than welcome and get to meet a few people and put faces to names/aliases.

YNOT
15th April 2011, 08:30 AM
The screen on my phone doesn't work, could you PM me the details please.

Tony

Bigrig
15th April 2011, 08:35 AM
The screen on my phone doesn't work, could you PM me the details please.

Tony

Done!! Just cut and paste the SMS to save typing it!

Finly Owner
15th April 2011, 10:18 PM
What time do you finish work?? You could head over straight after if possible.
4 in arvo stinky and smelly, me not "FINLY". LOL

Bigrig
15th April 2011, 10:21 PM
4 in arvo stinky and smelly, me not "FINLY". LOL

We don't mind stinky and smelly mate! Up to you, but you are still more than welcome.

Finly Owner
15th April 2011, 10:23 PM
We don't mind stinky and smelly mate! Up to you, but you are still more than welcome.
Thanks will consider it.

Bigrig
15th April 2011, 10:32 PM
Thanks will consider it.

Good stuff - hope to see you.

AB
15th April 2011, 10:40 PM
I'll be there guys...I'm loading up Bluey with 3 slabs and a snag....See you at sunrise...lol

Bigrig
15th April 2011, 10:44 PM
What are you gunna drink when you get here?? LOL

AB
15th April 2011, 10:48 PM
What are you gunna drink when you get here?? LOL

Umm.....I have a planned route of bottle shops to stop off along the way...lol...Slight detours and a bit of a zig zag but I'll be there.

Bigrig
15th April 2011, 10:50 PM
Umm.....I have a planned route of bottle shops to stop off along the way...lol...Slight detours and a bit of a zig zag but I'll be there.

Beeeaaauuutiful .... see you in about eight days then!!! lmfao

Warnie
16th April 2011, 08:18 AM
Enjoy the BBQ today boys

Bigrig
16th April 2011, 08:22 AM
Enjoy the BBQ today boys

Thanks champion!

NissanGQ4.2
16th April 2011, 09:12 AM
will b there in spirit, drinkin spirits :) have a great day guys / girlz, hope the weather is better there than what it is here at the moment!

Sir Roofy
16th April 2011, 10:27 AM
beuatiful day here hope its the same for the barbie with you have a great day and drink your fill ENJOY

Bigrig
16th April 2011, 10:45 AM
Thanks lads ... wish everyone was closer to make it a bigger event!!! No doubt I'll have a couple in your absence though!!! LOL!

Ghost
16th April 2011, 11:52 AM
Love to be there but was slack hadn't been reading forum and gave taken kids to a play thing doh! Have fun guys

Bigrig
16th April 2011, 12:14 PM
Love to be there but was slack hadn't been reading forum and gave taken kids to a play thing doh! Have fun guys

No worries mate ... hopefully next time!!

YNOT
16th April 2011, 11:27 PM
Big thanks to Scott and Sandra for putting on a top afternoon, great food, great company, and I have't laughed that hard in a long time. Thanks also to the other members who attended (Nick, Dave, and Adrian and their partners).

Tony

hekarewe
17th April 2011, 08:26 AM
A huge thanks to sandra and scott for putting on a fantastic night of "sh!ts and giggles" laught so much i near crapped myself great food and company great night and got introduced to "cocoa cola chicken" if you get a chance try it dam nice. thanks guys looking forward to the next one!

AB
17th April 2011, 08:29 AM
Coca Cola Chicken hey...Sounds interesting...lol....Ive done coke spare ribs and beef, etc but never chicken.

Dhuck
17th April 2011, 10:09 AM
Was a great night. Thanks for the feed as usual it was bloody great. Good to meet the members and families not met before. The Qld contingent is becoming great and mighty.

Bigrig
17th April 2011, 10:12 AM
Thanks to you all for attending an for a cracking afternoon!! To say I had a good giggle is somewhat of an understatement ... and coca cola chicken is a bottler - coke, spicy red sauce all mixed together and let the chicken marinade in it - cook it in the sauce as it caramelizes ... as easy as that!!

nowoolies
17th April 2011, 10:14 AM
oh to be closer to over there
sounds like it was a pearler of a get together
well done mate

Maxhead
17th April 2011, 10:15 AM
Hmmm...Coke chicken, sounds interesting. Wack the recipe in the recipes and food thread unless its top secret..lol
Might have to have a go at this one

Sounds like you had a good night boys and gals

Edit: just seen your post with recipe...all good

nowoolies
17th April 2011, 10:18 AM
still no pic`s uuummmmmmmmmmmm

Bigrig
17th April 2011, 10:41 AM
still no pic`s uuummmmmmmmmmmm

Don't hate me, but I didn't take any ... By the way, with kids, there was 29 people here yesterday ... kids must have been good, because I don't remember seeing any of them! lol

nowoolies
17th April 2011, 10:45 AM
Don't hate me, but I didn't take any ... By the way, with kids, there was 29 people here yesterday ... kids must have been good, because I don't remember seeing any of them! lol

no piccies ............whats your name again

Bigrig
17th April 2011, 10:52 AM
no piccies ............whats your name again

Ummmm .... slack?? lol

nowoolies
17th April 2011, 10:53 AM
gunna have to invent a camera that resembles a stubbie holder hahahahahahaha

Bigrig
17th April 2011, 11:08 AM
gunna have to invent a camera that resembles a stubbie holder hahahahahahaha

Now there's a ripper idea!! lol

nowoolies
17th April 2011, 11:12 AM
yeh lotsa pic`s from ground level roflmfao

YNOT
17th April 2011, 11:19 AM
The only photo I got was of my 18 month old son dancing with Scott's 15 year old neighbour, all I can say is "who's a lucky boy!"

Tony

nowoolies
17th April 2011, 11:30 AM
The only photo I got was of my 18 month old son dancing with Scott's 15 year old neighbour, all I can say is "who's a lucky boy!"

Tony

you lot drink toooooo much hahahahahahahahah no bl@@dy pic`s ...................again, sulk mode turned on hahahaha

Bigrig
17th April 2011, 11:40 AM

Tony

What a womanizer!!! LOL

Bigrig
17th April 2011, 11:43 AM
you lot drink toooooo much hahahahahahahahah no bl@@dy pic`s ...................again, sulk mode turned on hahahaha

No, I was a good boy yesterday. Stuck to mid strength (XXXX Gold), and on count this morning, I chewed through 28 cans!! 29 if you count the one I'm having now!!! lmfao!!

nowoolies
17th April 2011, 11:56 AM
No, I was a good boy yesterday. Stuck to mid strength (XXXX Gold), and on count this morning, I chewed through 28 cans!! 29 if you count the one I'm having now!!! lmfao!!

xxxx wtf that aint even quarter the way to a beer hahahaha

AB
17th April 2011, 12:14 PM
xxxx wtf that aint even quarter the way to a beer hahahaha

Nah don't knock him I dont mind the xxxx gold during the week and VB middys and Carlton Middys...lol...You can wang down heaps and be fine the next day..Let alone 6 VB's and wacking up like youve been poisoned some days...lol

nowoolies
17th April 2011, 12:25 PM
Nah don't knock him I dont mind the xxxx gold during the week and VB middys and Carlton Middys...lol...You can wang down heaps and be fine the next day..Let alone 6 VB's and wacking up like youve been poisoned some days...lol

you lot of mexicans would`nt know a good beer if you fell over it hahahahahahahahahaha

growler2058
17th April 2011, 01:23 PM
OH you poor misguided people.
The only REAL beer worhth talkin about is COOPERS PALE ALE!! HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHa

nowoolies
17th April 2011, 01:47 PM
OH you poor misguided people.
The only REAL beer worhth talkin about is COOPERS PALE ALE!! HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHa

cough cough splutter splutter you drink what ???????????????hahahahahahahahaha not even close mate it dont even look like beer lmfao

Bob
17th April 2011, 01:52 PM
Congrats Nowoolies on 2000 Posts or it will be when you answer this

Sorry I was not meant to post in this thread

nowoolies
17th April 2011, 01:54 PM
thanks Bob
all my wonderful input of absolute well ..........................can i say that here??????????? roflmfao

Bigrig
17th April 2011, 02:41 PM
Hijack away lads!!!

Top job nowoolies!!! No doubt every post full of informative, constructive and well thought out comments!!! LOL

Here's cheers to 2000 more!!

nowoolies
17th April 2011, 02:44 PM
hijack away lads!!!

Top job nowoolies!!! No doubt every post full of informative, constructive and well thought out comments!!! Lol

here's cheers to 2000 more!!

me ????????????????

timbar
17th April 2011, 02:51 PM
Hijack away lads!!!

Top job nowoolies!!! No doubt every post full of informative, constructive and well thought out comments!!! LOL

are you talking bout the same paul ? nowoolies hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

growler2058
18th April 2011, 06:51 AM
Onya woolies i didnt mean to post here either oooppppsss
hIJACK cant wait for anutha 2000

nickpeacock36
18th April 2011, 07:08 AM
Thanks for organising a great night Scotty, we all had an awesome time. I do think there is room for a small 4wd course in the garden though if you get rid of the swings, plants etc.The drum kit could go in the middle somewhere so we have live music as we navigate round. Just something to consider for next time.
:driving2:

Bigrig
18th April 2011, 08:22 AM
Thanks for organising a great night Scotty, we all had an awesome time. I do think there is room for a small 4wd course in the garden though if you get rid of the swings, plants etc.The drum kit could go in the middle somewhere so we have live music as we navigate round. Just something to consider for next time.
:driving2:

The pool should make for interesting water crossings!!!! LMFAO!!!

hekarewe
19th April 2011, 03:39 AM
cough cough splutter splutter you drink what ???????????????hahahahahahahahaha not even close mate it dont even look like beer lmfao

the decent beer to drink is ye ole CORONA amigo's wid de lime slice munchuchos LOL smooth and easy to drink and the next day your mouth dont feel like the bottoms of a budgies cage!!! LOL :1062:

hekarewe
19th April 2011, 03:46 AM
Hijack away lads!!!

right hijack it is I'll have a pilot and sexy hostess must have no morals and you better through in a plane to with some fuel,,,,,,,,,, or the garden gnome gets it!!!! ROFLMAO love doing this when i am so tired my mind has a mind of its own LOL