PDA

View Full Version : New Pod member.

gjones
17th September 2015, 01:31 PM
I'm a new member and have done the introduction post but I thought I'd also introduce myself to the pod owners group.

Greg Jones
2004 TD42ti coil/leaf. Ex Telstra Carnarvon Roscos Pod.

Attached photo is taken up on Brown Range at Carnarvon. Took the Patrol home for a visit.

greg

Cuppa
17th September 2015, 09:56 PM
Welcome fellow podder. How are set up inside the pod? Pics are good.;)

gjones
18th September 2015, 01:38 AM
Hi Cuppa,
I'm certainly not as well set up as your rig. I (we) don't sleep in it. Did use an oztent but now have a camper trailer. Unfortunately the internal layout is as I bought it. These photos are from the original pod. The new pod is also a Roscos but the modern design has the same internal layout. Nothing great in the layout.

greg

blocko05
18th September 2015, 07:16 AM
I love the idea of the pods, there is so much you can do with them. Thanks for sharing

Cuppa
18th September 2015, 10:19 AM
Hi Cuppa,
I'm certainly not as well set up as your rig. I (we) don't sleep in it. Did use an oztent but now have a camper trailer. Unfortunately the internal layout is as I bought it. These photos are from the original pod. The new pod is also a Roscos but the modern design has the same internal layout. Nothing great in the layout.

greg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=61405&stc=1http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=61406&stc=1http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=61407&stc=1

I reckon it looks very professional, I’m quite envious of the frame & mesh. So many places to attach stuff to. Now that we have the Tvan & don’t need the kitchen in our pod something like that would suit us well. Mind you retaining our kitchen does mean that we can still go bush without towing even though it means we have 2 kitchens when towing. (I was going to remove the kitchen from the Tvan, but MrsTea prefers it. The Oztent (RV3) fits into the longer of the two spaces under the Roscos pod perfectly.

threedogs
18th September 2015, 11:14 AM
Looks great a big pod fan or full size dual cabs , only thing I would suggest
you do is remove the fire extinghisher to the Drivers side in the car, In the
advent of a fire as you get out you have it in your hand, nothing worse than
jumping out to grab the fire extinghisher and the Pod is locked and the keys
are still in the ignition, a small thing but one of the first things I was taught.

DX grunt
18th September 2015, 12:08 PM
G'day Greg, and welcome to the forum.

Love the set up.

Still in the process of getting all my 'toys' sorted and hopefully will update my page by Xmas, with the full monty.

I sleep in the back of mine, and box everything up. I still take a 4 person tent with me, so I have the option of sleeping in a tent on the ground or in the pod on my high density, double bed foam matress. lol.

Take care out there.

Rossco

DX grunt
18th September 2015, 12:13 PM
G'day Greg, and welcome to the forum.

Love the set up.

Still in the process of getting all my 'toys' sorted and hopefully will update my page by Xmas, with the full monty.

I sleep in the back of mine, and box everything up. I still take a 4 person tent with me, so I have the option of sleeping in a tent on the ground or in the pod on my high density, double bed foam matress. lol.

Take care out there.

Rossco

Here's some very old pics of my set up. A fair bit has changed and I don't set up the annex/awning unless I stay put for at least a week or two.
I can drive in drive out and I double guy rope everything to accommodate the 'down south Albany winds'. lol

http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af279/DXgrunt/DX%20grunt/Camp%20set%20up/Gruntsden003.jpg

http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af279/DXgrunt/DX%20grunt/Camp%20set%20up/DSCF2951-1.jpg

http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af279/DXgrunt/DX%20grunt/Camp%20set%20up/Annexawning040.jpg

blocko05
18th September 2015, 02:42 PM
Wow what a great setup you have there DXGrunt. great for a weekend or as you say great for extended stays with the Annex. Thanks for sharing.

gjones
18th September 2015, 09:07 PM
Threedogs,

Yes, the extinguisher in the cab is a good idea but I'm yet to come up with a good spot for it. On the back board behind the seat is not practical as the Stratos LTSS take up space behind the seat and need to be hand "cranked" forward. No quick release lever ;-(. On the floor infront of the seat is a place I'm still considering but 900gm-1kg extinguisher are very limited in the fire fighting ability. The 1Kg unit in the photo has been replaced with a 2kg unit that incorporates a hose to get in close.

Investigations continue.

Greg

gjones
18th September 2015, 09:16 PM
Damn, A five star bedroom. I see the influence of a "significant other".

For non trailer trips we have the option of a Oztent RV4 that is stored on the roof rack and camp beds. A great solution unless my back pops out. It happened on the Carnarvon trip, the top photo was taken on. The wife had to drive back to Perth with me doubled up in the passenger seat. Only trouble with that is she still has trouble with the gearbox. So on the command "clutch" I had to change the gears. Made it home Ok. Must have looked funny but it wasn't at the time.

Greg

blocko05
22nd September 2015, 08:12 AM
Threedogs,

Yes, the extinguisher in the cab is a good idea but I'm yet to come up with a good spot for it. On the back board behind the seat is not practical as the Stratos LTSS take up space behind the seat and need to be hand "cranked" forward. No quick release lever ;-(. On the floor infront of the seat is a place I'm still considering but 900gm-1kg extinguisher are very limited in the fire fighting ability. The 1Kg unit in the photo has been replaced with a 2kg unit that incorporates a hose to get in close.

Investigations continue.

Greg

Hi Greg, have you thought of attaching a 2kg unit to the front of your seat, Or even attaching 1kg units to both front seats if room is a issue. I had this set up back when I had my Torana and was easy access if needed and was not in the way.

threedogs
22nd September 2015, 08:16 AM
I love the idea of the pods, there is so much you can do with them. Thanks for sharing

So true for two up touring I dont think you can beat them, Originally I was going to buy a GQ ute
then enter GLW "no way are you getting another ute" but she will let me cut mine into a dual cab.
go figure .
Loving all that wire work too,
Do they come STD with the HWS or does it just depend,
You could probably mount a Fire extinghiser to the rear wall [out side]
of the pod. Could fit a full size one there just put it in a plastic bag.

Just saw a bit of room on the front of the pod
I have a ltss strato front driver seat and mounte my extinghisher like Blocko05 did