PDA

View Full Version : QLD - Expression of Interest for May 2011 Trip

Bigrig
3rd April 2011, 08:31 AM
Howdy

Well, it's been a month since LCMP, and a week since Beerburrum, and let's face it, I'm itching to get out again. Appreciate Easter is approaching fast and most people would have plans (including me), but thinking we should try to lock in a trip for May ...

Open to suggestions of locations and dates - would love to get all the LCMP attendees back again, as well as others who haven't had the chance as yet.

To throw it open, I'd do LCMP again as it has a great variety of tracks etc, but happy to go anywhere. Thinking the second last or last weekend in May. We have a truckload of members in the south east now, so would be awesome to catch up.

Over to you!!

Dhuck
3rd April 2011, 09:27 AM
Sounds good. Me and my lot don't care where. Adam wants to go his with his missus and would like Fairy land.

I think we are going to have to change your status from tool box full of hammers to The Toey S.E.Q. Event Organizer

Finly Owner
4th April 2011, 12:11 AM
What about scenic rim park? say late May?

Tim

nickpeacock36
4th April 2011, 06:51 PM
I'm interested. LCMP was awesome, is scenic rim similar?

Ben-e-boy
4th April 2011, 07:49 PM
I'm Keen to go somewhere in May I like the idea of a 4wd park. any park suits me

Bigrig
4th April 2011, 08:22 PM
Good stuff - is everyone ok to lock in the last weekend of May? The 28th and 29th? That's 8 weeks away, so should give everyone plenty of time.

We'll work out where once we have numbers sorted.

Finly Owner
5th April 2011, 12:29 AM
I'm interested. LCMP was awesome, is scenic rim similar?
Graded tracks very good park I have it on good authirity.

http://www.scenicrimadventurepark.com.au/

Tim

nickpeacock36
5th April 2011, 06:44 AM
Graded tracks very good park I have it on good authirity.

http://www.scenicrimadventurepark.com.au/

Tim
Looks good to me.

Bigrig
5th April 2011, 07:46 AM
What about scenic rim park? say late May?

Tim

We're happy to go anywhere, however would like somewhere that allows open fires. Also, depending on numbers of adults and kids, are there any amenities? Not too fussed about showers, but some people like to have them.

May also depend on how they go restoring the tracks ... but we've never been there so definitely up for it!

Dhuck
5th April 2011, 08:15 AM
Personally not real keen for camping out at Scenic. They only have one small amenities block near the office. Would not mind doing a day trip out there if it is dry, as those close tracks off when it's wet. When I was out there, they only had the creek run and a couple of lower tracks. Now the creek run is closed due to environmental factors.
Quoted from the owners on another forum

Park update 25th March
Work will commence next week on the flood damage repairs
We hope all cars will again be able to enter by our own entry through the top road once the repairs are carried out.
The bottom road is our neighbour’s private road and only to be used for emergency vehicles, service trucks, non off road caravans and motor homes. All other cars including car trailers are asked to use our entry road.
We have new maps and the campsite numbers have been changed.
We hope to open up two new sections of track and a new rock garden track beside campsite one later in the year
Due to the creek running into the catchment and the loss of our side tracks driving up the valley creek is not allowed.
If it is raining at the park the ridge line roads are closed till two hours of non rain and drivers must be aware the track difficulty increases.
We are now taking bookings for Easter $10 for 2x2 cars as you should be able to drive up to the ridge to enjoy the views again with the road repaired. Normal camp fee apply to 4x4 cars

City view has re-opened next door. Have not been there. This would be another day trip to check it out and see whats available.

Bigrig
5th April 2011, 08:25 AM
How about we stick to what we know for the moment, and somewhere that has plenty of space if we get a decent sized attendance - we had 24 throughout the weekend last time, and I'd expect possibly more this time.

So far (split up by car)

Me plus 2 kids
Sandra plus 2 kids
Dhuck, Bec plus 1
Tim
Nick plus 1 (possibly wife also?)
Benny
Derek plus wife plus 4

So that's 20 already and 7 vehicles

Possibles:
Corie and wife plus 3
Tony and wife plus 2
Tim (Cadbury) and wife plus 2
Jaxt and family
Adrian plus family
Dave and Liz plus 4
Ryan and Taneal plus 1
Andrew plus family
Dasha plus family
Cossy plus family
And assorted other new members

So could be as many as 15-20 vehicles and 50+ people!!! LCMP would obviously cater for this number, so might be best if the attendees list keeps growing to go for it again - as said, we know it, awesome place and good camping and amenities.

Dhuck
5th April 2011, 08:49 AM
Adam and his missus will possibly be in for it. Also ran into Wookie this morning and will have a chat with him.

Bigrig
5th April 2011, 09:39 AM
Adam and his missus will possibly be in for it. Also ran into Wookie this morning and will have a chat with him.

Good stuff ... numbers are building already - that's why I like the big camping grounds, let's people spread out and have the own private retreat if they want to get away from the crowd. Me on the other hand - I go all communal !!!! LOL

Dhuck
5th April 2011, 10:06 AM
mmmmmmmmmm. Bit to communal at times. lol

Bigrig
5th April 2011, 10:18 AM
mmmmmmmmmm. Bit to communal at times. lol

C'mon .. you love it little fella!!! LOL

Ben-e-boy
5th April 2011, 06:40 PM
LCMP sounds good, 28th-29th sound good too. I'm pretty sure that my RDO weekend so i'll have 3 days off

Bigrig
5th April 2011, 06:54 PM
LCMP sounds good, 28th-29th sound good too. I'm pretty sure that my RDO weekend so i'll have 3 days off

Sweet - we'll be doing at least 3 days again also - probably 4 (Friday through to Monday again)!

Ben-e-boy
5th April 2011, 07:16 PM
Sweet - we'll be doing at least 3 days again also - probably 4 (Friday through to Monday again)!

I'll be there saturday morning, Fridays are a maintenance shut at work and I never get out on time:frown:

Warnie
8th April 2011, 11:59 AM
I have been to scenic rim a few times before and have really enjoyed it, I would be keen for checking out city view for a day trip though. It closed down before I got into 4wding. I am free pretty much every sunday in may if someone wants to go then.

Bigrig
8th April 2011, 12:05 PM
I have been to scenic rim a few times before and have really enjoyed it, I would be keen for checking out city view for a day trip though. It closed down before I got into 4wding. I am free pretty much every sunday in may if someone wants to go then.

Too easy mate - when we sort the location, just take a run up for the day if that's all you can get off - we had 9 vehicles and 24 people at the last one at LCMP, and 3 of those cars came out for day trips only, so you are more than welcome to also. We are a pretty easy going bunch of various levels of capability, so very relaxed and a 'no pressure' environment to do stuff you don't want to do - that said, plenty of able bodies to teach you stuff (you might teach us!!) and guide through some tougher challenges if you're up for it!!

Hope to see you there. A couple of us will probably head out for another day trip to Beerburrum before then anyway, so I'll make sure I add you to the PM list ....

Cheers
Scotty

Warnie
8th April 2011, 09:07 PM
Thanks scotty that would be awesome.

Adam

frenzy
8th April 2011, 09:19 PM
Too easy mate - when we sort the location, just take a run up for the day if that's all you can get off - we had 9 vehicles and 24 people at the last one at LCMP, and 3 of those cars came out for day trips only, so you are more than welcome to also. We are a pretty easy going bunch of various levels of capability, so very relaxed and a 'no pressure' environment to do stuff you don't want to do - that said, plenty of able bodies to teach you stuff (you might teach us!!) and guide through some tougher challenges if you're up for it!!

Hope to see you there. A couple of us will probably head out for another day trip to Beerburrum before then anyway, so I'll make sure I add you to the PM list ....

Cheers
Scotty

I'm keen to get out and about as well. Let me know!
Cheers,
Steve

Bigrig
9th April 2011, 06:38 AM
I'm keen to get out and about as well. Let me know!
Cheers,
Steve

On ya Steve - I'll add you to the ever growing list also. Same goes mate as above and I'll keep you informed of any day trips also!!!

Scotty

Ben-e-boy
12th April 2011, 09:12 PM
Any decisions on the location yet guys

Bigrig
12th April 2011, 09:49 PM
I'm open to suggestion mate, but the one thing I would offer is that if we have a fair crowd (looking like being 25-30 with kids etc) then it might be worth hitting LCMP again - not as if we scratched the surface of the tracks last time and the camp grounds are good and large ...

Thoughts everyone??

Ben-e-boy
12th April 2011, 09:52 PM
I'm open to suggestion mate, but the one thing I would offer is that if we have a fair crowd (looking like being 25-30 with kids etc) then it might be worth hitting LCMP again - not as if we scratched the surface of the tracks last time and the camp grounds are good and large ...

Thoughts everyone??

agreed... My vote for landcruiser park ( It's closer to me so I may be Biased lol)

Bigrig
12th April 2011, 10:02 PM
agreed... My vote for landcruiser park ( It's closer to me so I may be Biased lol)

I'm good with it also ...

jaxt
14th April 2011, 12:00 PM
for those wanting something down the coast (and maybe a little bit earlier) wookie and i and another patrol owner are going to flatrock (camping for 4 days) at lennox at the start of may.
there's a beach track there that apparently is pretty good for a run.
scotty i didn't intend to hijack thread.
I was just putting it out there in line with putting out thoughts and not to take away from the main event that scotty is proposing

Bigrig
14th April 2011, 12:08 PM
for those wanting something down the coast (and maybe a little bit earlier) wookie and i and another patrol owner are going to flatrock (camping for 4 days) at lennox at the start of may.
there's a beach track there that apparently is pretty good for a run.
scotty i didn't intend to hijack thread.
I was just putting it out there in line with putting out thoughts and not to take away from the main event that scotty is proposing

All good mate - sounds like it will be a corker ..

Ben-e-boy
14th April 2011, 06:26 PM
I have a few mates that want to come for a day trip on saturday. An 80 series and possibly a SAS'd surf they are good blokes who know how to wheel.

Its funny at work today they startd with the toyota banter etc. I just said bring it on, your Nissan bashing isnt going to be much chop when you are swimming in a sea of patrols lol

credit to them they can give and they can take it

Bigrig
14th April 2011, 07:19 PM
I have a few mates that want to come for a day trip on saturday. An 80 series and possibly a SAS'd surf they are good blokes who know how to wheel.

Its funny at work today they startd with the toyota banter etc. I just said bring it on, your Nissan bashing isnt going to be much chop when you are swimming in a sea of patrols lol

credit to them they can give and they can take it

Too easy mate - the more the merrier!!

Silver
14th April 2011, 07:38 PM
OK, two adults (age not attitude) and one 6yr old for LCMP or possibly alternate venue :-)

Now, old mate over the road is interested, but he and spouse need access to loo - how does that work at LCMP?

And, yes, I will have a recovery plate (at least) fitted by then :-)

Silver

Dhuck
14th April 2011, 08:01 PM
There are facilities at LCMP aka Fairy Land (hot showers & toilets)

YNOT
14th April 2011, 08:02 PM
LCMP has good toilet and shower blocks at the main camp sites.

Tony

Silver
14th April 2011, 08:15 PM
thanks - I should have been a bit more specific. Couple in their 70s, he's quite mobile, she's quite a bit less so, and for some reason allergic to porta pottis. Maybe she'll have to make an exception, but she is quite proud.

Is the LCMP campground we are talking about accessible by 2wd caravan?

YNOT
14th April 2011, 08:26 PM
Caerful driving will get a 2wd and van to the camp grounds.

Tony

big_fletch
14th April 2011, 08:48 PM
Sounds like would be a good meetup guys, make sure you take a camera and lots of happy snaps lol..
To far to drive from vic otherwise I would come along

Bigrig
14th April 2011, 08:54 PM
Caerful driving will get a 2wd and van to the camp grounds.

Tony

X2 - when we were up last time they had regraded the main road through it, so a two wheel drive would make it in and out.

Silver
14th April 2011, 09:38 PM
X2 - when we were up last time they had regraded the main road through it, so a two wheel drive would make it in and out.

he's the neighbour with the GU ute that looks like a GQ, but they have a Millard caravan :-)

Bigrig
14th April 2011, 09:42 PM
he's the neighbour with the GU ute that looks like a GQ, but they have a Millard caravan :-)

Ahhh - yeah, caravan could get in there. A bit bumpy of course (mostly around the office area), but "should" be ok. The camp ground is about 10klms off the main road, so it would be a slow haul for that, but you could get in there.

Warnie
19th April 2011, 03:21 PM
I have a mate in a 100 series cruiser that could be interested in coming out for a trip also. Any plans been made for a day out/ weekend???

cossy
19th April 2011, 05:33 PM
scenic rim looks good count me in at this stage

Bigrig
19th April 2011, 05:50 PM
I have a mate in a 100 series cruiser that could be interested in coming out for a trip also. Any plans been made for a day out/ weekend???

We'll iron out the plans by next week mate so everyone knows where and when and can decide what they want to do from there.
Cheers

Bigrig
19th April 2011, 05:51 PM
scenic rim looks good count me in at this stage

Sweet mate - might have to make it somewhere we know so it's easier access etc for some, but as per post above, we'll sort that next week and lock it down!!!

Finly Owner
19th April 2011, 10:58 PM
Scott I am planning on doing a DAP on weekend of 21-22 May

Tim

Warnie
20th April 2011, 07:07 AM
Sorry for my ignorance, but what's a dap?

YNOT
20th April 2011, 07:38 AM
DAP is Driver Awareness Programm. The driver training course you need to do (for insurance purposes)when you join a 4WD club.

Tony

Bigrig
20th April 2011, 09:41 PM
Bump - for some of the new members that have joined tonight and over the last few days.

Would be great to see you there!!!!

Forced Offroad
21st April 2011, 10:29 PM
Ahhhh SO wish the truck was ready to catch with the you guys...

Bigrig
21st April 2011, 10:35 PM
Still time mate!!! What help do you need to get it done?? I can volunteer dhuck straight away to come over and help!! LOL!!! (be a good boy and do it dhuck!!!).

Would be great if you can mate, but appreciate your position - that said, a working bee at your joint sounds like a solid plan!! lmfao

Dhuck
22nd April 2011, 02:26 AM
Yeh what needs doing. Scotty will always offer every body to help while he sits back and sucks on a tinny.

Bigrig
22nd April 2011, 07:53 AM
Yeh what needs doing. Scotty will always offer every body to help while he sits back and sucks on a tinny.

Not seeing your point nor the problem?? LOL!!

Yendor
25th April 2011, 10:42 AM
So is the 28th & 29th of May locked in?

I just need to clear my work schedule.

It would be great for a chance to meet some of you.

Will be me and my 11 year old son coming along.

Bigrig
25th April 2011, 11:17 AM
So is the 28th & 29th of May locked in?

I just need to clear my work schedule.

It would be great for a chance to meet some of you.

Will be me and my 11 year old son coming along.

It's locked in Eddie!!!! Be great if you can make it - should be a fair few in attendance as per comments above. We are heading out on the Friday 27th and coming back Monday 30th, but as per the last trips, people come and go throughout the weekend as they please. Great group of 'no pressure' individuals and plenty of kids going also, so they usually have a ball.

I'll PM everyone my mobile and email in the coming week or so to organise the details.

Look forward to seeing you there!!

Scotty

Yendor
25th April 2011, 11:45 AM
Sounds great, thanks for the info Scotty.

Cheers Rodney

Bigrig
29th April 2011, 07:36 PM
Righto everyone - Scenic Rim is out unfortunately. Primarily because they have a comp out there on the 28th/29th and are expecting 300-400 spectators alone (let alone comp entries of which there are 4 divisions).

Is everyone ok with Landcruiser Mountain Park?? Further for everyone to travel, but still it's an awesome playground.

Can everyone PM there mobile number please - easier to sort via SMS than on the forum.

Looking forward to a top weekend!!!!

NissanGQ4.2
29th April 2011, 08:35 PM
but u said it was locked in freddy and i have already started 2 travel, what am i 2 do now Scotty????

Bigrig
29th April 2011, 08:41 PM
but u said it was locked in freddy and i have already started 2 travel, what am i 2 do now Scotty????

Keep heading north ... just a little further than before!!!! LOL ...

NissanGQ4.2
29th April 2011, 08:45 PM
Keep heading north ... just a little further than before!!!! LOL ...

mmmm, is there a pub nearbuy so i can pick up some roadies????

Bigrig
29th April 2011, 08:50 PM
Plenty up here boss!!!

Bigrig
30th April 2011, 01:16 PM
PM sent everyone ... if I've missed anyone, let me know ... hope to see you all there.

Bigrig
1st May 2011, 02:13 PM
EDIT: Righto - so far we should have (some still to confirm):

15 vehicles - potentially 45+ people!!!

BigRig plus family
Dhuck plus family
Nick plus family
Mal plus family
Mate of Mals plus family
Ryan plus family
Andrew plus family
Derek plus family
Benny and mate
Another mate of Benny's plus family
Silver plus family
Silvers neighbor and wife
04OFF (Steve) plus family
Tim (Cadbury) plus family
Rodney (Yendor) plus family

As said, a few above to confirm once locked in, and others still to let me know.

Should be a cracker!!!

Bob
1st May 2011, 03:24 PM

BigRig plus family
Dhuck plus family
Nick plus family
Mal plus family
Mate of Mals plus family
Ryan plus family
Andrew plus family
Derek plus family
Benny and mate
Silver plus family

As said, a few above to confirm once locked in, and others still to let me know.

Should be a cracker!!!

You Guys know how to arrange a Meet. Have fun and dont do too much damage (Vehicles & Livers) LOL LOL LOL

Bigrig
1st May 2011, 03:33 PM
You Guys know how to arrange a Meet. Have fun and dont do too much damage (Vehicles & Livers) LOL LOL LOL

I've met 15 forum members so far, with 3 new ones to meet on the trip, and thus far every last one of them are top individuals - sounds sappy I know, but to have access to an easy going, like minded bunch (thanks AB - for the forum) to get away with is simply a pleasure!!! Makes it easier for everyone - no one gets in each others face, and irrespective of personalities we all love the outdoors and 4WD'ing!! Does it get any better than that??

Hope to get more and more on board so as we do trips, each time there will be some who can make it, some who can't, but either way there'll always be a solid number of good people getting along to them!!!

Ben-e-boy
2nd May 2011, 10:38 AM
I've met 15 forum members so far, with 3 new ones to meet on the trip, and thus far every last one of them are top individuals - sounds sappy I know, but to have access to an easy going, like minded bunch (thanks AB - for the forum) to get away with is simply a pleasure!!! Makes it easier for everyone - no one gets in each others face, and irrespective of personalities we all love the outdoors and 4WD'ing!! Does it get any better than that??

Hope to get more and more on board so as we do trips, each time there will be some who can make it, some who can't, but either way there'll always be a solid number of good people getting along to them!!!

I whole heartedly agree. I told scotty this at the last meet at beerburrum but I had a bad experience with another forum meet where myselft and 5 other 4b's, all of us in this group were first timers to the glasshouse were left behind by the other members, I have not done another outing with that forum. This kind of sh1t wont happen on this forum

Sir Roofy
2nd May 2011, 11:01 AM
Have been watching you bigrig
and mate have to say you can get it up and running
you have quite a few members in the brissy area close to you
hoping to get a few along on our next outing to toolangi
next month have to say this has been the best way of meeting people
like minded as us,4x4ing,fishing,drinking and socialising great stuff mate
bring on love day

Bigrig
2nd May 2011, 11:14 AM
Have been watching you bigrig
and mate have to say you can get it up and running
you have quite a few members in the brissy area close to you
hoping to get a few along on our next outing to toolangi
next month have to say this has been the best way of meeting people
like minded as us,4x4ing,fishing,drinking and socialising great stuff mate
bring on love day

Thanks mate - no one likes organizing, but I figure if it encourages more people along, then we are all winners!

Hope you have a cracker at Toolangi and as said, bring in Love Day!!!

Sir Roofy
2nd May 2011, 11:21 AM
Shaw hopping the weather holds and can get them interested

Bigrig
2nd May 2011, 11:28 AM
Shaw hopping the weather holds and can get them interested

C'mon lads!!!! Get on board for the Toolangi trip with Roofy!!! Lock it in. Don't spend your time regretting not getting out more - just do it and have fun with a top bunch!!!

Ghost
2nd May 2011, 08:16 PM
sorry guys taking my son to Scouts camping that weekend :(

Bigrig
2nd May 2011, 08:22 PM
sorry guys taking my son to Scouts camping that weekend :(

No worries mate. Hopefully next time!!

Sir Roofy
2nd May 2011, 08:23 PM
thanks bigrig hope it comes together

Bigrig
3rd May 2011, 08:23 PM

BigRig plus family
Dhuck plus family
Nick plus family
Mal plus family
Mate of Mals plus family
Ryan plus family
Andrew plus family
Derek plus family
Benny and mate
Silver plus family

Should be a cracker!!!

Righto update - most of the above have confirmed with a few still to let me know (although they've said they're keen).

We are going to head up first thing Saturday morning now (missus has to work Friday! Bummer!!) and intend on being at the campgrounds by 10am.

MQ Mad and another mate also may be coming, and I've still to hear from a few who said they were keen way back when - Whitewulf, Frenzy, etc.

Should be a simply awesome time!! Let me know if you've any questions or issues. We are meeting up with people on the highway as we go, so if you'd prefer to go up in a group, let me know and we'll work out a meeting point north of Brisbane (something like the big service centre at 8:15am for 8:30am departure).

Looking very forward to it!!!

YNOT
4th May 2011, 06:08 AM
We've had a few QLD members join up in the last 24 hours so I thought I'd bump this back to the top for them to see.

Tony

Bigrig
4th May 2011, 08:21 AM
Yep - Landcruiser Park is the location for all the new members - good location, accommodates the numbers and Scenic Rim has a comp on the same weekend and apparently are expecting over 300 spectators alone, so would be a bit of a bustle.

Hope some of the new comers can make it also - would be great to catchup!!

Ben-e-boy
4th May 2011, 05:31 PM
10 am hey I was planning on getting there about 8.30 ish. What campsite is booked and I'll meet you at the campsite at 10. What uhf do you use?? 12?? i forget

Bigrig
4th May 2011, 05:40 PM
WOW ... we are getting up in the numbers for this one - great effort everyone. So far 14 vehicles and 40 people [approx] confirmed/99%sure, most for the whole weekend, with a few making the effort for a day trip due to other commitments ... can't imagine what it will be like the day we get the majority of the QLD members together - I've just sent an update to 13 or so members I haven't heard from yet, and have had 7 members let me know they aren't able to attend. So that's 11 members attending so far [and 3 friends of members in their cars], 7 unable to make it, and another 13 reasonably active members yet to respond ... I say again, WOW ...

Preparing for an awesome weekend ... take care one and all.

katwoman
4th May 2011, 05:54 PM
Sorry, biggus Riggus. Looks like the Mazda 's not gonna be ready... Guess I'll just have to take Katrol to toolangi instead !!

Bigrig
4th May 2011, 06:13 PM
Sorry, biggus Riggus. Looks like the Mazda 's not gonna be ready... Guess I'll just have to take Katrol to toolangi instead !!

Fully understood - the Mazda wouldn't even make it through the access road to the office, so probably for the best!!!

Cadbury
4th May 2011, 09:58 PM
Man this sounds like its going to be a good weekend.

Cadbury
4th May 2011, 10:10 PM
Hi all,
We have never been to the park before and I have been asked by the wife to make sure there are proper toilets and hot showers.
Cheers
Tim

YNOT
4th May 2011, 10:14 PM
Hi all,
We have never been to the park before and I have been asked by the wife to make sure there are proper toilets and hot showers.
Cheers
Tim

Yes to toilets and hot showers.

Tony

Bigrig
4th May 2011, 10:29 PM
Hi all,
Cheers
Tim

Yep - as Tony said, flushing toilets (septics, not pits) and hot showers. Good camping grounds and awesome tracks!!!

Silver
4th May 2011, 11:08 PM
Landcruiser Mountain Park's website has some useful info.

The ladies facilities can generate queues at busy times apparently - but we should be up there at a quiet time?

Bigrig
14th May 2011, 09:57 AM
Bump

Getting close now people - no pulling out!! LOL. Don't forget to invite family and friends - all welcome (all vehicles also).

Hope this weather is indicative of what we are going to get! Perfect for campfire sessions, perfect for daytime driving!!!

Going to be awesome.

katwoman
14th May 2011, 06:49 PM
Bump

Getting close now people - no pulling out!! LOL. Don't forget to invite family and friends - all welcome (all vehicles also).
Hope this weather is indicative of what we are going to get! Perfect for campfire sessions, perfect for daytime driving!!!

Going to be awesome.
So, I CAN bring the Mazda ???? pml

Silver
15th May 2011, 12:05 AM
So, I CAN bring the Mazda ???? pml

according to the website you can get to the camp ground in 2wd.

I could sit on my @rs for a day and read a book and practice my guitar while my lovely wife and daughter and your esteemed self go for a drive.

She's an ex smoker too, and a bit militant about it, so that would be one less thing for you to worry about :-)

katwoman
15th May 2011, 12:08 AM

I could sit on my @rs for a day and read a book and practice my guitar while my lovely wife and daughter and your esteemed self go for a drive.

She's an ex smoker too, and a bit militant about it, so that would be one less thing for you to worry about :-)
I might hold you to that.. How old is daughter ? Mine is 9

Silver
15th May 2011, 12:12 AM
I might hold you to that.. How old is daughter ? Mine is 9

she's 6 :-)

katwoman
15th May 2011, 12:14 AM
she's 6 :-)
Cool, maybe u can teach hubby how to drink !!

Silver
15th May 2011, 12:27 AM
Cool, maybe u can teach hubby how to drink !!

well, I know how to do that, maybe not the teaching part :-) Does he know how to play the guitar? I need some real help there :-).

It's a sincere offer - although not yet cleared with said lovely wife, who has done a course and driven a few times in hills and on sand. I reckon she'd be happy to have a go without me in the passenger seat. You'd have to fight with her for control of the driver's seat :-)

We have a stock Mav - I had planned on staying away from panel damage and maybe watching those with the more dedicated rigs giving them a work out on the hardest tracks. It has the right kind of recovery points front and rear and appropriate recovery gear.

katwoman
15th May 2011, 12:41 AM
I wouldnt drive someones else's rig anyway..
And she'd be the pro.. Ive only done a bit of playing on river crossings and mud..
No guitar....But he can panel beat any damage you may get on the day ! pml

Silver
15th May 2011, 01:05 AM
I wouldnt drive someones else's rig anyway..
And she'd be the pro.. Ive only done a bit of playing on river crossings and mud..
No guitar....But he can panel beat any damage you may get on the day ! pml

Well, sounds like a plan then - subject of course to lovely wife's seal of approval which I shall enquire after tomorrow (she having wisely gone to bed).

Won't be offended if it doesn't come off, or you forsake the Mighty Mav for some new shiny GU, or less of an issue, a lifted etc GQ :-)

We have a spare 10x8 tent (that didn't sell for a very low price in a garage sale!!) that I can throw on the roof rack if that would help. Last time we used it it was waterproof in heavy rain. And a folding chair or two.

katwoman
15th May 2011, 01:19 AM
Well, sounds like a plan then - subject of course to lovely wife's seal of approval which I shall enquire after tomorrow (she having wisely gone to bed).

Won't be offended if it doesn't come off, or you forsake the Mighty Mav for some new shiny GU, or less of an issue, a lifted etc GQ :-)

We have a spare 10x8 tent (that didn't sell for a very low price in a garage sale!!) that I can throw on the roof rack if that would help. Last time we used it it was waterproof in heavy rain. And a folding chair or two.
Well, thank you. If it does come together, we'd maybe only make it a day trip.. and dont tell anyone but My first choice is always a blue oval..
See what happens..
gee, you QLDers are a friendly bunch !!

Bigrig
15th May 2011, 01:22 AM
Good on ya silver!! Nice gesture!

Kat - a bit far for a day trip - you should go for overnighter of you can ... be plenty of space/tents etc available ...

That said; up to you ..

katwoman
15th May 2011, 01:23 AM
Good on ya silver!! Nice gesture!

Kat - a bit far for a day trip - you should go for overnighter of you can ... be plenty of space/tents etc available ...

That said; up to you ..
Thx, I'll go look at a map..

katwoman
15th May 2011, 01:28 AM
Thx, I'll go look at a map..
It's only 3 hours.. But I'll discuss (tell) with hubby and see what he (me) wants to do..
Will let youse know, one way or the other..

Silver
15th May 2011, 10:09 AM
Lovely wife is OK with a girl's day out.

There will be a loud noise from the rear of our Mav, so you might want to bring hearing protection. It comes from our 6 year old - esp if she has another girl to chat with :-)

katwoman
15th May 2011, 06:09 PM
Lovely wife is OK with a girl's day out.

There will be a loud noise from the rear of our Mav, so you might want to bring hearing protection. It comes from our 6 year old - esp if she has another girl to chat with :-)
I know that one Silver... Never stops !!

Bigrig
15th May 2011, 06:37 PM
Any new members or existing members in QLD interested in coming along?? Still time to get on board and enjoy a great weekend away!!

Should be a great meetup by the looks of the numbers etc!! Just hope this spectacular weather holds out for us also!!

Finly Owner
15th May 2011, 10:18 PM
Does anyone know how to make clones, I have to work and want to go to LCMP, and be at a good mates New House warming BBQ/engagement? night.

Tim

Bigrig
16th May 2011, 07:23 AM
Does anyone know how to make clones, I have to work and want to go to LCMP, and be at a good mates New House warming BBQ/engagement? night.

Tim

Have to ask the bloke who made Dolly the sheep!!! But I reckon it's worth a go!! lol

04OFF
16th May 2011, 09:50 AM

My mate managed to his XR6 turbo falcon into the deepest campgrounds, he said it "ploughed a bit" (ha-ha) obviously it worked out better than the time he tryed to drive his Nissan Bluebird (2wd) onto Rainbow Beach.......FAIL!......:icon_bonk:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Spoonfed78#p/u/20/JxOFb9qnOmo

Bigrig
16th May 2011, 10:36 AM
My mate managed to his XR6 turbo falcon into the deepest campgrounds, he said it "ploughed a bit" (ha-ha) obviously it worked out better than the time he tryed to drive his Nissan Bluebird (2wd) onto Rainbow Beach.......FAIL!......:icon_bonk:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Spoonfed78#p/u/20/JxOFb9qnOmo

Now if that doesn't make them feel safe and secure about trying, nothing will!!!! lmfao!!!

You still looking ok to come up also?

04OFF
16th May 2011, 02:23 PM
Im still pretty keen Scotty, although the mrs is exspressing a little concern about the night time temps up there, and the lack of heating inside the tent.

Im working on solutions !

Bigrig
16th May 2011, 02:39 PM
Im still pretty keen Scotty, although the mrs is exspressing a little concern about the night time temps up there, and the lack of heating inside the tent.

Im working on solutions !

Tents are warm mate! Honest! LOL

Big campfires, sleeping bags, long johns, sorted!!!

Gordy
20th May 2011, 12:19 PM
Looks like I may be able to make it for this trip. I will possibly be going with some friends soooo, either way i look forward to a catch up

Any new members or existing members in QLD interested in coming along?? Still time to get on board and enjoy a great weekend away!!

Should be a great meetup by the looks of the numbers etc!! Just hope this spectacular weather holds out for us also!!

Bigrig
20th May 2011, 12:27 PM
Excellent mate!! The more the merrier!! Not as if we won't fit in the park!

I'm going to try to 'secure' Terrace for the camp site - they sort of blocked it out for us last time (put it up on the notice board as you enter which puts others off going to a heavily populated spot) so hopefully with the numbers we have going they'll do the same.

Look forward to seeing you there!!

Bigrig
20th May 2011, 07:32 PM
Well, this is shaping up to be a boomer ... list of probables and comfirmed below:

BigRig [two cars]
Dhuck
Nickpeacock36
Mal H
Mate of Mal H
Ryan
Derek
Ben-e-boy
Another mate of Ben-e-boy's
Silver
Silvers neighbor
04OFF
Cadbury
Yendor
Gordy
Redman [possible]

Have I forgotten anyone??

Kat might be making an appearance also to stop in and say g'day ...

About 16 vehicles and depending on everyone showing up, about 50+ people throughout the weekend ... WOW ...

Can't wait ...

who else can we convince to come?? hmmm ...

04OFF
21st May 2011, 11:01 AM
So scotty, we need to confirm a place (and time) to meet up on the highway, so anyone who would like to cruise up in convoy can all find each other ?

Also, below is a link to the map, to remind people where the "Terrace" camp site is...... (black square,top centre of map)

MAP of Park (http://www.landcruisermountainpark.com.au/images/file/LMPMap09.pdf)

Ben-e-boy
21st May 2011, 02:07 PM
So scotty, we need to confirm a place (and time) to meet up on the highway, so anyone who would like to cruise up in convoy can all find each other ?

Also, below is a link to the map, to remind people where the "Terrace" camp site is...... (black square,top centre of map)

MAP of Park (http://www.landcruisermountainpark.com.au/images/file/LMPMap09.pdf)

I think its about 0830 at the big shell servo at nudgee but but Isomeone correct me if Im wrong

Bigrig
21st May 2011, 07:30 PM
I think I'm going up Friday still - wasn't going to, was going to, wasn't going to ... am going to!!! lol

Feel free to organise a convoy as said, and I'll just join it if I change my mind again ... I'm planning [at the moment! lol] to go up and setup on Friday, secure the camp grounds etc ...

Can't wait one and all - it will be dead set awesome!!!!!!

04OFF
21st May 2011, 09:42 PM
I think its about 0830 at the big shell servo at nudgee but but Isomeone correct me if Im wrong

Sounds like a plan !, so ill see you there then Ben-e-boy ?

BTW, to everyone coming along, i will have some of my camera crap on board for this trip, so if you wan't some pics of your car (or yourself etc), do come find me and let me know, i dont often like to take "happy snaps", so you should be prepared to go to whatever effort is required to get a decent pic, (this can take time) plus even experiment on something different (oh, may also inc in driving me to location after ive had many beers, lol :trink13:) any cool suggestions/ideas for shoots of "anything" will be most welcome also. :tongue:

Bigrig
21st May 2011, 09:49 PM

BTW, to everyone coming along, i will have some of my camera crap on board for this trip, so if you wan't some pics of your car (or yourself etc), do come find me and let me know, i dont often like to take "happy snaps", so you should be prepared to go to whatever effort is required to get a decent pic, (this can take time) plus even experiment on something different (oh, may also inc in driving me to location after ive had many beers, lol :trink13:) any cool suggestions/ideas for shoots of "anything" will be most welcome also. :tongue:

Good on ya Steve!! Greatly appreciated!! I'm sure I, if not others will take you up on that offer - we just need to find a scenic "very steep, extreme" track for it though!!! lol

katwoman
22nd May 2011, 02:42 AM

damn it.. Katrol definitley coming next time !!

Ben-e-boy
22nd May 2011, 11:07 AM

No I was just going of what was written in a previousr post. I drive south to LCMP my meeting place is kilkivan

Bigrig
22nd May 2011, 11:17 AM
No I was just going of what was written in a previousr post. I drive south to LCMP my meeting place is kilkivan

Steve - you might want to meet up with Nick (nickpeacock36) on the freeway like I did last time - Nick is up Mango Hill way. There are others going Saturday also.

I think the Friday runners are Mal, his mate in their rig, Ryan and myself currently - anyone else going Friday?

Ben-e-boy
22nd May 2011, 11:40 AM
Good on ya Steve!! Greatly appreciated!! I'm sure I, if not others will take you up on that offer - we just need to find a scenic "very steep, extreme" track for it though!!! lol

That can be arranged!!!!!!!!!!! I plan on pushing the ute to just shy of breaking point....I still need to get home

Ben-e-boy
22nd May 2011, 11:42 AM
Steve - you might want to meet up with Nick (nickpeacock36) on the freeway like I did last time - Nick is up Mango Hill way. There are others going Saturday also.

I think the Friday runners are Mal, his mate in their rig, Ryan and myself currently - anyone else going Friday?

Myself and Brendon are planning on getting there about 0830 Saturday morning.

Bigrig
22nd May 2011, 12:18 PM
Myself and Brendon are planning on getting there about 0830 Saturday morning.

Good stuff champion - we'll be in Trakka Terrace camp grounds ... UHF 11

Ben-e-boy
22nd May 2011, 12:28 PM
no worries mate

Dhuck
22nd May 2011, 12:52 PM
We will be up Saturday night peeps. So get the spare bed ready Scotty. Bec didn't want to get up at 5am Sunday morning.

Bigrig
22nd May 2011, 01:12 PM
We will be up Saturday night peeps. So get the spare bed ready Scotty. Bec didn't want to get up at 5am Sunday morning.

Too easy fella!!! Top stuff - we can punch some brekky into the kids and hit the tracks early!!!

Dhuck
22nd May 2011, 01:33 PM
Yup sounds good.

Bigrig
23rd May 2011, 08:14 AM
Just did a rough re-count, and if everyone shows up (I know things change sometimes and people pull out at the last minute), then there should be about 17 vehicles and ... wait for it ... 61 people!!!!!

Holy crappola!!! What an awesome (potential) turnout!!!! And that's with at least two more vehicles and another 5 people still to confirm this week!!!! WOW!!!!

Good on ya Queenslanders!!! Can't wait!!!!

katwoman
23rd May 2011, 08:19 AM
Just did a rough re-count, and if everyone shows up (I know things change sometimes and people pull out at the last minute), then there should be about 17 vehicles and ... wait for it ... 61 people!!!!!

Holy crappola!!! What an awesome (potential) turnout!!!! And that's with at least two more vehicles and another 5 people still to confirm this week!!!! WOW!!!!

Good on ya Queenslanders!!! Can't wait!!!!

And 1(+2.5) victorians..

Bigrig
23rd May 2011, 08:20 AM
And 1(+2.5) victorians..

You're a Queenslander for that weekend!!! LOL!!!

04OFF
23rd May 2011, 10:41 AM
And 1(+2.5) victorians..

So you driving up to come to this event, but not bringing your troll Kat ?

Also, if anyone wants to meet up on saturday morning for the trip up (anywhere starting from bris southside upwards) let me know ?

katwoman
23rd May 2011, 10:59 AM
So you driving up to come to this event, but not bringing your troll Kat ?

Also, if anyone wants to meet up on saturday morning for the trip up (anywhere starting from bris southside upwards) let me know ?

Yeah, I know. Gives me an excuse to drive next time. Only driving from GC this time.

04OFF
23rd May 2011, 03:24 PM
Cool Kat !, well just make sure you come say g-day if you see me up there, i think you know what my rig looks like by now, but i "may" have a pic of it somewhere if your not sure ? :biggrin:

Ha-ha !

Bigrig
24th May 2011, 07:45 AM
Nearly there people!! Going to be a cracker. Pack the winter woolies for the nights though!! lol

Any other new members from SE QLD up for it? How about you Peter1? Come along mate and meet a few members and get some ideas for your 'new' rig!!

Can't wait!!

Mal H
24th May 2011, 09:01 AM
Hey Bigrig & others, Meeting mate at Caboolture BP 8:30am Fri, UHF 17,

we are flexable to meet elsewhere if you already had plans.

Mal

Bigrig
24th May 2011, 11:17 AM

Mal

That's the big service centre on the highway yes?? All good to meet up there. I should be right to make that time, but will let you know!!

Thanks mate!

Bigrig
25th May 2011, 05:41 PM

Mal

Hey mate - I'll be at service centre at 8:30 and Ryan and family will be meeting us there also.

See you then!

Everyone else - two more sleeps!!! Going to be awesome and very much looking forward to catching up.

Mal H
25th May 2011, 07:36 PM
Good one, should be great

Hey mate - I'll be at service centre at 8:30 and Ryan and family will be meeting us there also.

See you then!

Everyone else - two more sleeps!!! Going to be awesome and very much looking forward to catching up.

Bigrig
26th May 2011, 10:38 PM
For those going tomorrow - see you there. For all the others, see you on the weekend!!

Can't wait!!!

Silver
26th May 2011, 10:48 PM
For those going tomorrow - see you there. For all the others, see you on the weekend!!

Can't wait!!!

see ya tomorrow night.

Neighbour Bob and Doreen, both in their 70's will be there about 3:00- 4:00 pm, maybe at the Gums. Look for a 18' silver millard caravan of some vintage, and a goldie brown GQ looking ute.

We'll be up later - silver Mav with roofrack, along with Jason and El in a 75 series cruiser ute

Silver
26th May 2011, 10:51 PM
what's the go with firewood? abundant and provided at camp, abundant but has to be gathered, or .....byo?

Bigrig
26th May 2011, 10:59 PM
see ya tomorrow night.

Neighbour Bob and Doreen, both in their 70's will be there about 3:00- 4:00 pm, maybe at the Gums. Look for a 18' silver millard caravan of some vintage, and a goldie brown GQ looking ute.

We'll be up later - silver Mav with roofrack, along with Jason and El in a 75 series cruiser ute

No worries!!

Bigrig
26th May 2011, 11:01 PM
what's the go with firewood? abundant and provided at camp, abundant but has to be gathered, or .....byo?

Can be gathered at the grounds, but I'm going to get two bags to kick off proceedings each night to ensure we're warm and toasty!!

Dhuck
27th May 2011, 12:11 AM
Don't forget Becs bed big fella and we shall see you Saturday night

Bigrig
27th May 2011, 07:48 AM
Don't forget Becs bed big fella and we shall see you Saturday night

No worries!

Travel safe one and all, safe and late is better than the alternative!!

To the guys going away in Victoria, be safe and have a ball also!!!!

To everyone else, take care and have a great weekend!!!

See ya back on the forum on Monday!!!!

growler2058
27th May 2011, 07:55 AM
Get muddy you lot :-0

nickpeacock36
27th May 2011, 06:16 PM

See you then!

That's the service's with the Mcdonalds isnt it?

YNOT
27th May 2011, 06:21 PM
That's the service's with the Mcdonalds isnt it?

I believe it is, the big BP servo.

Tony

nickpeacock36
27th May 2011, 06:25 PM
I believe it is, the big BP servo.

Tony

Cheers Tony. Are you coming?

YNOT
27th May 2011, 06:30 PM
Cheers Tony. Are you coming?

No mate, too much to do around here.

Tony

nickpeacock36
27th May 2011, 07:47 PM
No mate, too much to do around here.

Tony

Yeah, i keep looking around as i load up thinking i should be staying home to sort this garden out, but then i snap out of it and go into it'll keep until next week mode.

GUtsy ute
27th May 2011, 08:02 PM
Hi nickpeacock,
Not trying to be smart or anything, but did you realize that big rig was meeting the others this morning(Friday)
and not tomorrow at the BP?

Cheers

Yendor
27th May 2011, 08:19 PM
I am heading up tomorrow, mid morning if anyone wants to meet up along the way.

nickpeacock36
27th May 2011, 09:41 PM
Hi nickpeacock,
Not trying to be smart or anything, but did you realize that big rig was meeting the others this morning(Friday)
and not tomorrow at the BP?

Cheers

No i didnt. thanks for that mate, it would have been a little confusing wandering around wondering where everyone was.

nickpeacock36
27th May 2011, 09:42 PM
I am heading up tomorrow, mid morning if anyone wants to meet up along the way.

gonna head there early to make the most of it.

Yendor
27th May 2011, 10:07 PM
gonna head there early to make the most of it.

No worries.

North Lakes you are halfway there, well compared with me anyway.

I will catch up with you Saturday afternoon.

Cheers Rodney

Dhuck
28th May 2011, 07:20 AM
Well it is a great looking day. We now do not have to go down the coast, so we will be heading up this morninginstead of tonight.. Wooohooo

04OFF
28th May 2011, 07:34 AM
Yep, we're heading 04off now :icon_driving:

UHF 17 if you see us on the road !

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/Favs/Goodmod2a-1.jpg

Dhuck
28th May 2011, 07:46 AM
We will be heading off in an hour and a half or so

AB
28th May 2011, 08:03 AM
Photos everyone, photos!!!....lol

Dhuck
28th May 2011, 08:11 AM
always and vids

katwoman
29th May 2011, 04:17 PM
Just a taste.

NissanGQ4.2
29th May 2011, 05:44 PM
nice, i want more pics NOW!!!!!!!........please.......

katwoman
29th May 2011, 05:53 PM
nice, i want more pics NOW!!!!!!!........please.......

Ha ! Sorry, Todd. My camera is on bench in Vic. You'll have to wait till tomorrow or tues 4 others to get home.

NissanGQ4.2
29th May 2011, 05:56 PM
Ha ! Sorry, Todd. My camera is on bench in Vic. You'll have to wait till tomorrow or tues 4 others to get home.

whats stopping you going and getting it? I can't wait, I'm a very impatient person *L*

katwoman
29th May 2011, 06:07 PM
I will start by saying, if anyone gets a chance to do a trip with these guys, you gotta do it !!!!!
We turned up with basically nothing, were given lodgings( thx Mr and Mrs Silver). We were welcomed by everyone and we had a great time. The 'hire car' and 'silver slug' did almost everything everyone else did. Scotty is a great organizer and I would even follow him. He and Dhuck aRe a credit to this forum, their families are warm and welcoming and everyone else we met were also great. So thank you to everyone who helped us out and was a absolute pleasure to meet you all.
Even the 'cruiser man' is impressed with you all.
No pics from me, cos I don't have the technology ATM.
Oh, and if Dhuck mentions anything about me and ciggies, it's not true !!!
( honest)
U GUYS ROCK !!!
(go the hire car !)

NissanGQ4.2
29th May 2011, 06:11 PM
ur just teasing me some more. Sounds like a great weekend.

katwoman
29th May 2011, 06:13 PM
This is NOT the hirecar !! Honest !

growler2058
29th May 2011, 06:27 PM
So the front diff held itself together then Kat

katwoman
29th May 2011, 06:30 PM
So the front diff held itself together then Kat

Haha. Stupid thing. Never made another noise till we hit the bitumen today !!

chrissey
29th May 2011, 07:01 PM
Hey guys,
I cant believe I missed out on such a great weekend and I got as close as Jimna just to find one of my tyres being flat and my spare being a piece of junk. I got so frustrated but thanks to a local guy named Russ or Ross cant quite remember ( he has truly been a legend and helped me as good as he can, lives on the same road as the visitor center), who gave me a hand I could at least make it back home that day. I went back to Kilcoy and the local 4x4 wrecker put a lot of effort into organizing a new tyre without luck as it was past 3pm by then.
But thats life I guess, NEXT TIME !!!
Hope everyone had a great weekend and thank you Scotty for pre-organising the catch up and sorry for not making it, i was close...:)
I have Maxxis 751, I heard they are not the greatest tyres, but they suit my budget better than anything else. I have a deep cut in the sidewall of the back right hand tyre, must have hit something sharp, I do not know but I heard the sidewall is the weak spot of those tyres, anyways no whinging I still enjoyed the drive between Mba and Jimna hehe:)
I learned my lesson on the first trip with the Patrol, always carry a decent spare tyre with you and if you can, take another one!

cheers chris

Silver
29th May 2011, 07:56 PM
We have Maxxis 751s - they seem to do the job on the bitumen wet or dry, and I don't have a lot to compare them with off road apart from other all terrain tyres, and they seem to stack up ok in that category.

I think you were just unlucky Chris, and sorry to have missed you.

YNOT
29th May 2011, 08:00 PM
Photo's please Silver.

Tony

Silver
29th May 2011, 08:01 PM
It was great to meet you all and have some company when out and about. Kat, thanks for being a great navigator for Fran. It was nice to meet you and yours, and the much maligned, but apparently now accepted as at least adequate hire car - maybe it was Steve's good driving :-)

Thanks for the lovely warm welcome from you all, and Sandra, that burger tided me over beautifully until a light dinner tonight :-)

Our daughter had a great time with the other kids - thanks to those who hosted the invasion as they moved from camp to camp - when they weren't down at the creek :-)

Finally, a special thanks to the Doglex dishwashers, who along with the birds did a great job of cleaning barbecue plates and anything else left within range!

GUtsy ute
29th May 2011, 08:08 PM
Hey guys,
I cant believe I missed out on such a great weekend and I got as close as Jimna just to find one of my tyres being flat and my spare being a piece of junk. I got so frustrated but thanks to a local guy named Russ or Ross cant quite remember ( he has truly been a legend and helped me as good as he can, lives on the same road as the visitor center), who gave me a hand I could at least make it back home that day. I went back to Kilcoy and the local 4x4 wrecker put a lot of effort into organizing a new tyre without luck as it was past 3pm by then.
But thats life I guess, NEXT TIME !!!
Hope everyone had a great weekend and thank you Scotty for pre-organising the catch up and sorry for not making it, i was close...:)
I have Maxxis 751, I heard they are not the greatest tyres, but they suit my budget better than anything else. I have a deep cut in the sidewall of the back right hand tyre, must have hit something sharp, I do not know but I heard the sidewall is the weak spot of those tyres, anyways no whinging I still enjoyed the drive between Mba and Jimna hehe:)
I learned my lesson on the first trip with the Patrol, always carry a decent spare tyre with you and if you can, take another one!

cheers chris

Hi Chris,
Sorry to hear about your bad luck with the tyres.
I missed out too, with the weekend being taken up with last minute preparations for my daughters'
walk across the Simpson Desert for charity.
It is for Youngcare and will take 12 days.
She flys out on Tuesday and we are driving out to Birdsville to meet her when she finishes.
Maybe we will meet up at the next outing, I'm going to make sure I'm at that one!

Cheers Gavin

AB
29th May 2011, 08:38 PM
Photos anyone???...lol

We like photos!

GUtsy ute
29th May 2011, 08:54 PM
Photos anyone???...lol

We like photos!

X2!!!! Lets see some!!

snicko
29th May 2011, 08:56 PM
X2!!!! Lets see some!!

X3!! Where are they????

AB
29th May 2011, 09:00 PM
Must admit though, when you get back from a big weekend away and your hungover and tired, the last thing you feel like doing is organising and uploading videos and photos to us seaguls...lol

Anyways, no sympathy....WHERES THE PHOTOS!!!!....:smileyvault-cute-bi

Silver
29th May 2011, 09:00 PM
Kat, I have the photos on the computer - as discussed I'll send them to you - I guess you'll need to p.m. me an e-mail address?

would you mind resi2e and posting them here - don't want to spoil the glow of a nice weekend with technological challenges?

Silver
29th May 2011, 09:02 PM
Hi Chris,
Sorry to hear about your bad luck with the tyres.
I missed out too, with the weekend being taken up with last minute preparations for my daughters'
walk across the Simpson Desert for charity.
It is for Youngcare and will take 12 days.
She flys out on Tuesday and we are driving out to Birdsville to meet her when she finishes.
Maybe we will meet up at the next outing, I'm going to make sure I'm at that one!

Cheers Gavin
Best wishes to your daughter Gavin, what an experience!!

katwoman
29th May 2011, 09:04 PM
Kat, I have the photos on the computer - as discussed I'll send them to you - I guess you'll need to p.m. me an e-mail address?

would you mind resi2e and posting them here - don't want to spoil the glow of a nice weekend with technological challenges?

Ok. Shall do.
How do they come up if I post from iPhone ? Anyone ? Or use puter ?

Silver
29th May 2011, 09:11 PM
Photos anyone???...lol

We like photos!

had a search for the how to post photos thread AB, but couldn't find it - could you help out please?

Kat - you wanted all the photos - are you happy to get them on your phone?

katwoman
29th May 2011, 09:15 PM
had a search for the how to post photos thread AB, but couldn't find it - could you help out please?

Kat - you wanted all the photos - are you happy to get them on your phone?

No dramas, Silver. Send ' em thru.
I can borrow computer to do it.

AB
29th May 2011, 09:16 PM
Kat, they should be the same on Iphone or PC.

Silver...If you need to reduce the size then here is the link----> http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?1412-Picture-sizes-and-how-to-reduce-the-size.

You can upload 10 photos at once by just pressing the Go Advanced button (bottom right of screen) when you reply to a thread and look for this symbol = http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/editor/attach.png

this will bring up a small window and you just press browse on each column and find the photo on your computer.

No stress mate if you don't do it tonight....Only stirring the pot...lol

YNOT
29th May 2011, 09:17 PM

Resize the photo's down (I find 640x480 a good size). Click on reply then "go advanced". Look for the paper clip icon, click on that and it will bring up the attachment manager box which will let you browse your comptuer and upload photo's directly from there.

Tony

Edit, AB beat me again!

katwoman
29th May 2011, 09:20 PM
Up to you Silver. The pressure is on. You're the only one home with piccies !!

GUtsy ute
29th May 2011, 09:25 PM

Even more pressure!!!lol

Silver
29th May 2011, 09:26 PM

Hospital pass to you Kat, the photos should be in your e-mail in box, full si2e - I only deleted the scenic photos of the ground etc, and may I say your out the passenger window photos while on the move aren't too bad.

katwoman
29th May 2011, 09:30 PM
Hospital pass to you Kat, the photos should be in your e-mail in box, full si2e - I only deleted the scenic photos of the ground etc, and may I say your out the passenger window photos while on the move aren't too bad.

Thx. My nav skills suck, so I gotta be good at something

GUtsy ute
29th May 2011, 09:33 PM

Thanks Silver,
I know you just want to relax after the weekend, but we are busting to see some pics and we appreciate you sending
them to Kat to post up.
Also thanks for your kind words about our daughters trek.

Gavin

Silver
29th May 2011, 09:37 PM
It's taking outlook a while to send 'em :-)

Silver
29th May 2011, 09:56 PM
BigRig is home and has started a new thread.

A younger and dare I say it, slimmer member of his family was doing the video thing - now the pressure is really on to be first to the press, go outlook, go!

katwoman
29th May 2011, 10:01 PM
BigRig is home and has started a new thread.

A younger and dare I say it, slimmer member of his family was doing the video thing - now the pressure is really on to be first to the press, go outlook, go!

Does that mean I have to stay up ?

Silver
29th May 2011, 10:01 PM
the green caterpillar in outlook send receive has completed all but a couple mm of it's journey to the end, but of course now I am getting '..... your smpt server has failed to respond in 60 seconds, would you like to give up, now, or keep futily pressing the wait button.....'

Wait, wait, wait, I think it has gone!!

GUtsy ute
29th May 2011, 10:02 PM
Does that mean I have to stay up ?

Beat him to it!!!!

Silver
29th May 2011, 10:02 PM
the green caterpillar in outlook send receive has completed all but a couple mm of it's journey to the end, but of course now I am getting '..... your smpt server has failed to respond in 60 seconds, would you like to give up, now, or keep futily pressing the wait button.....'

Wait, wait, wait, I think it has gone!!

Er, nope, it's starting again. I don't think so. GRrrrrrrr

katwoman
29th May 2011, 10:06 PM
Er, nope, it's starting again. I don't think so. GRrrrrrrr

Maybe send less pics in one email ? Make it quicker.

katwoman
29th May 2011, 10:08 PM
Hurry !! WA vs QLD

GUtsy ute
29th May 2011, 10:16 PM
WA is slow off the mark, seeing they are ahead in the time zone!!

katwoman
29th May 2011, 10:22 PM
Sorry Silver. I'm off. Send 'em thru anyway. I'll do it first thing, I promise.

GUtsy ute
29th May 2011, 10:27 PM
Night Kat.

Dhuck
30th May 2011, 07:11 AM
Hey Kat, your'e Macca's secret is safe. But smoking cheese burgers is not the best thing to do for your health.lol

katwoman
30th May 2011, 07:57 AM
Hey Kat, your'e Macca's secret is safe. But smoking cheese burgers is not the best thing to do for your health.lol

Desperate times, Dhuck. Thanks for telling everyone!!

Dhuck
30th May 2011, 08:56 AM
As far as I saw Kat you did not have a cig. So you did well. Even if you did, everyone falls off the band wagon from time to time. Just look at Scotty. He (along with other enthusiastic members) are trying to loose weight (and doing a good job of it), but he still enjoys a drink or few from time to time.

But thanks to everyone who turned up was a great weekend and to those who didn't get there bad luck, we will hopefully meet up next trip to where ever. A big thanks to Kat and co for making it. Was good to meet part (a very small part) of the Vic contingent. Glad to here you enjoyed your time with the Qld Crew.

Was also great to have Bob and Dorreen along. Goes to show age is no barrier. We now just need them to join the forum.

growler2058
30th May 2011, 10:04 AM
Cmon on sunshine people doubleya Ay's got vids up already hahahahahahhahahaha

Silver
30th May 2011, 11:44 PM
As far as I saw Kat you did not have a cig. So you did well. Even if you did, everyone falls off the band wagon from time to time. Just look at Scotty. He (along with other enthusiastic members) are trying to loose weight (and doing a good job of it), but he still enjoys a drink or few from time to time.

But thanks to everyone who turned up was a great weekend and to those who didn't get there bad luck, we will hopefully meet up next trip to where ever. A big thanks to Kat and co for making it. Was good to meet part (a very small part) of the Vic contingent. Glad to here you enjoyed your time with the Qld Crew.

Was also great to have Bob and Dorreen along. Goes to show age is no barrier. We now just need them to join the forum.

I think Bob is too smart to get a computer again after he killed his last one. I suppose once he sees pics of their ute and caravan etc up, and more importantly having met a heap of people over the weekend he may change his mind. Probably come over here and use mine!!

Dhuck
31st May 2011, 07:21 AM
I think Bob is too smart to get a computer again after he killed his last one. I suppose once he sees pics of their ute and caravan etc up, and more importantly having met a heap of people over the weekend he may change his mind. Probably come over here and use mine!!

Top stuff. Legendary couple hope to see them again.

Bigrig
31st May 2011, 07:43 AM

Yep - they were great. I could imagine that sort of a weekend being quite daunting for an elderly couple, but It just goes to show age is no barrier to hitting the tracks and just enjoying what there is to see and do!! Good on them and same goes for me, hope to see them (and everyone else) again.