PDA

View Full Version : Difference between TD42 and TD42T (other than the obviuos)

moddedgu
2nd April 2011, 09:14 PM
Hi Guys,
My TD42 NA cracked No4 piston 2 weeks ago and I'm building new motor (not my old one) Where can I find info on TD42T internal specs like Pistons , Rods, and Oil Squirters (could be other names they're the oilers that squirt up in to pistons for lube / cooling.
My Na has them in bores but I've heard they are shorter the the TD42T ones. (need to sus it out) Also TD42T Rods - I'm told that TD42T rods have 30mm gudgeons; what other things can identify them from NA ones?

Any help would be great.

David

Havoc
9th April 2011, 06:11 PM
hi mate, a little while ago i blew up my td42 in my gu dx (having too much fun). as i was pricing up to rebuild and add a turbo to the old lug
i found that i could get a new 3/4 td42t engine for neer the same price to rebuild to the same specs. so i proceeded with the expense.
the crank is different. (bigger) the old fly wheel will not fit in place. i assume that the bits inside are deifferent ie. rods an so forth. the engine has different rings of course and piston oiling. every thing out side fits the same appart from the tacho sender. (its different, much shorter) and some new external oil ports.