PDA

View Full Version : GU Cab chassis DX door locks

Cuppa
2nd April 2011, 06:14 PM
The passenger door has the 'normal' operation found in most cars. ie. flick the door lock shut, & then close the door from outside holding the handle up. Result door is locked.

But, on the driver side it is only possible to to flick the door lock shut when the door is closed. So unable to lock the driver door from outside except with a key.

Is this deliberate design to prevent me locking myself out or do I have a problem with my door lock?

regards
Cuppa

DX grunt
2nd April 2011, 07:22 PM
The passenger door has the 'normal' operation found in most cars. ie. flick the door lock shut, & then close the door from outside holding the handle up. Result door is locked.

But, on the driver side it is only possible to to flick the door lock shut when the door is closed. So unable to lock the driver door from outside except with a key.

Is this deliberate design to prevent me locking myself out or do I have a problem with my door lock?

regards
Cuppa

It's deliberate. Mine does the same. Either that, or we both have faulty locks. What's the owner's manual say?

PS. Love yr signature

YNOT
2nd April 2011, 07:47 PM
It's to stop you from locking your keys in the car.

Tony

Finly Owner
2nd April 2011, 09:07 PM
Where have you been Cuppa? many cars have had this design for years man........

Tim

Cuppa
2nd April 2011, 09:27 PM
Where have you been Cuppa? many cars have had this design for years man........

Tim
Really? I must have been living in the past! My last few cars have been a series 2a Landrover, an HZ ute, an XF sedan & the '92 Troopy. The Nissan Civilian is an '89 model. The Patrol is the newest car I've ever owned.

Cuppa

Finly Owner
2nd April 2011, 10:24 PM
Really? I must have been living in the past! My last few cars have been a series 2a Landrover, an HZ ute, an XF sedan & the '92 Troopy. The Nissan Civilian is an '89 model. The Patrol is the newest car I've ever owned.

Cuppa
What's a civilian? Landys don't lock do they? LOL Ol' HZ good for locking with keys in ignition, bread knife to unlock rear door. XF why lock LOL. And I wouldn't know the first thing about troopies.

Tim

YNOT
2nd April 2011, 10:26 PM
Nissan Civillian is a bus like a Toyota Coaster.

Tony

Finly Owner
2nd April 2011, 10:28 PM
Oh ok! On the buses

Cuppa
2nd April 2011, 10:46 PM
What's a civilian?

Nissan Civilian - somewhere on the Birdsville Track

Finly Owner
2nd April 2011, 10:48 PM
bloody japanese motor home LOL

YNOT
2nd April 2011, 10:48 PM
Nissan Civilian - somewhere on the Birdsville Track

Any plans to jack that bus up and fit a transfer case and front diff?

Tony

Cuppa
2nd April 2011, 10:51 PM
No No No Tony, that's what I bought a Patrol for!

Cuppa

Finly Owner
2nd April 2011, 11:00 PM
Any plans to jack that bus up and fit a transfer case and front diff?

Tony
And a lazy axle at back.

YNOT
2nd April 2011, 11:02 PM
I was thinking more like this.

Tony

Finly Owner
2nd April 2011, 11:04 PM
where did you see that?

YNOT
2nd April 2011, 11:06 PM
Just down the road from work at Meadowbrook. It's all factory Toyota running gear, even the portal hub IFS.

Tony

Finly Owner
2nd April 2011, 11:11 PM
I was looking At photo trying to work out if it was local.

Not my choice of tyre though, for 4WD bus.

YNOT
2nd April 2011, 11:19 PM
I agree about the tyres.
If you want to see a better off road bus have a look on 4WD action forum for "Cummins Coaster". A SWB Coaster with Ford F-series diffs and a Cummins diesel engine.

Tony

P.S. I sense another thread clean up tomorrow morning!