PDA

View Full Version : GU LS1 conversion

Kano
4th September 2015, 07:22 PM
Hi.
I know there is a few posts on LS1 engine conversions but I'm still trying to find out some more information.

I have a 99 GU 2.8L TD Patrol which I'm looking to put an LS1 in next year.
If anyone could please help me with a few questions it would be greatly appreciated.

Firstly I'm trying to find someone to do the engine conversion in Darwin but I'm not having much luck. I'm now looking Australia wide for anyone that does it. If anyone can help point me in the right direction that would be great.

I understand this would require an engineers certificate. Is it a big deal to pass registration after that?

I see LS1 engines are fairly reasonably priced online to buy, I also understand I'd need lots more parts including diff, transmission, fuel pump and so on. Would approx $15,000 be a reasonable budget?

jash
4th March 2016, 11:19 PM
I'm nearly finished my L77 6 speed auto all marks adapters gear about $12g parts only

threedogs
5th March 2016, 07:10 AM
Try this link

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?36695-Gu-ls1-conversion-manual

kezza87
30th August 2016, 02:08 PM
Hey mate, not sure if still relevant for you.

Gryphon Engineering in Cairns do LS conversions. Had good experience with these gents. Ask for Graham and he should be able to sort you out.

Hi.
I know there is a few posts on LS1 engine conversions but I'm still trying to find out some more information.

I have a 99 GU 2.8L TD Patrol which I'm looking to put an LS1 in next year.
If anyone could please help me with a few questions it would be greatly appreciated.

Firstly I'm trying to find someone to do the engine conversion in Darwin but I'm not having much luck. I'm now looking Australia wide for anyone that does it. If anyone can help point me in the right direction that would be great.

I understand this would require an engineers certificate. Is it a big deal to pass registration after that?

I see LS1 engines are fairly reasonably priced online to buy, I also understand I'd need lots more parts including diff, transmission, fuel pump and so on. Would approx $15,000 be a reasonable budget?