PDA

View Full Version : Border Track Open

growler2058
2nd April 2011, 04:18 PM
FYI the Border track through Ngarkat Conservation park reopened yesterday Woo Hoo maybe an easter camp comin on. only bumma troll probably gunna be off the road still so will have to takes wifeys Prado. For anyone wanting to do the track remember there is no telephone service in the patk so you need to be fairly self sufficient. Need to take your own water etc

NissanGQ4.2
2nd April 2011, 04:35 PM
not that I'm out that way, but good 2 hear that a track has been re-opened :)

Bigrig
2nd April 2011, 04:47 PM
Yep, it's a sweet sound hearing the barrier come down!! Good to hear of something being opened, as it's more the alternative you hear about these days (closures!).

growler2058
2nd April 2011, 04:49 PM
It had really only been closed for fireban season be a bitc4 of a place to get stuck in. But nuntheless it is good to see somethin opening

NissanGQ4.2
2nd April 2011, 04:54 PM
It had really only been closed for fireban season be a bitc4 of a place to get stuck in. But nuntheless it is good to see somethin opening

Around here it would be a case of closed down for fire season......never 2 re-open

Oggittyboogitty
7th April 2011, 12:28 AM
nooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! not the prado!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

growler2058
7th April 2011, 06:52 AM
nooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! not the prado!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know sucks but troll is unergoing some long awaited TLC so......................still spewin tho

my third 256
8th April 2011, 04:29 AM
how long does it take to do this trip
stephen

growler2058
8th April 2011, 06:47 AM
how long does it take to do this trip
stephen

Gday Stephen, if you pushed you could probably leave Adelaide @ 0500 and be home late evening but obviously you would be flat out.

In the past we have let AM one Morning and got back home afternoon the following day.

This is from starting at Pinaroo, obviously weather needs to be taken into consideration as there are some big but fun holes and mud

growler2058
8th April 2011, 06:48 AM
Gday Stephen, if you pushed you could probably leave Adelaide @ 0500 and be home late evening but obviously you would be flat out.

In the past we have let AM one Morning and got back home afternoon the following day.

This is from starting at Pinaroo, obviously weather needs to be taken into consideration as there are some big but fun holes and mud

You could take longer if you wished to explore the parks on the Vic side of the border I havent done these though

my third 256
25th April 2011, 08:20 PM
im going thursday all being well

growler2058
25th April 2011, 08:29 PM
im going thursday all being well

Its not bad the sand is quite compact and no real big issue i put in low2 for a couple as the baby was sleepin an her little head was bouncin around a bit. But coulda most likely done in high range but then more speed more chance of damage. quite rutty up the sandhills so a bounce gets goin. Ran 18psi no worries mate in 100 series had to drop to 15psi Towards the southern end of the tracks there is still water in the mud holes but nothin too serious

yakumo
18th October 2011, 04:54 PM
Where is this track? how would I get there?